1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

This forum brings out the worst in people

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by YerJokinArnYer, 16 Apr 2018.

1. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

• We sneer at frustrated players on long losing streaks, who really need our help.
    • We ridicule ‘poor’ genuine players with high mark ships, at low infamy levels, who could do with our advice to improve
    • We try to pick at any errors (spelling, maths, grammar etc) a player may have made in their post, often ignoring their ideas to hammer home that they should have used an apostrophe here, or more paragraphs there.
    • We troll and argue rather than debate with other players
    • We deliberately seek to get into arguments with other players
    • We insult devs by saying they don’t care, or that they don’t know what they’re doing, or that they are stupid for ignoring this great idea we’ve had
    • We belittle each other’s achievements. They’ve only done well because they’re using an OP weapon or ship.
    • We ignore the concerns of players, and instead tell them to ‘get good’
    • We intentionally spam threads to try and get them locked.
    • Etc etc
    I don’t claim to be perfect, I have done some of the above (not in great quantities, but nevertheless) . If I’ve ever done it to you, I apologise. But from now onwards, I’m finished with that.

I hope that others will join with me now and use this forum in the manner in which it was intended. “.....to provide a friendly environment where battlers can come together to discuss Battle Bay with other like minded individuals”

Last edited: 16 Apr 2018
  2. Mr. Chompers

Mr. Chompers Well-Known Member

It should be "Math" not "maths"

3. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    There's a lot of SaLt here.

4. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Lol
    I’m from the UK, we say maths
    Ah, but you missed my other spelling mistake. I wrote ‘like mined’, not ‘like minded’
    *makes note to re-read post for any other spelling errors :)

5. Mr. Chompers

Mr. Chompers Well-Known Member

Oops.
    In all seriousness, I agree with your post. The anonymity does not do wonders for behavior.

6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Guilty as charged. On the first point there, I'm a grammar nazi, but due to my MVP privilages, I just edit behind people's backs instead.

On the second one, sorry not sorry, I like to troll as long as it doesn't get any more serious than salty memery.

7. Bradley Thorinsson

Bradley Thorinsson Well-Known Member

You mean 'Git gud' right?:confused::p

8. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Couldn’t remember exactly how people spelt it, and didn’t want to embarrass myself so I wrote it out in full. :)

The Otherguy and Fluid Bait like this.
  9. Admiral DJ

Admiral DJ Well-Known Member

Who is this “We”? Let’s beat them up!

10. GOD OF WAR...

GOD OF WAR... Member

Lol:D
    We??:rolleyes:

11. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

Lol welcome to the internet

12. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    I notice this to, and it bothers me. This is also one of the reasons I quit being a MVP, and basically quit the forums. I just don't understand it, and don't know how to deal with it (how to calm people down and not rile them up more than they are.
    Tbh, I live a fairly isolated life, and this BB was my first into to the internet, and human nature. I don't have FB, Reddit, Twitter, I only use Discord for BB, I don't have WhatsApp or basically anything.
    Yup, that's what it was.
    As a Christian teenage growing up in a conservative Christian home, this was a rude awakening. I knew people were dumb and touchy, but no this bad... lol :oops:

Nikkie! and YerJokinArnYer like this.
  13. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Yes, the things I’ve highlighted are unfortunately not exclusive to this site. But I’m choosing to avoid those negatives actions from now on.

The Otherguy likes this.
  14. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    They usually don’t need help. They just say
    ROVIO WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!! I LOST 5 MATCHES!!!!!! FIX YOUR MATCHMAKING OR I QUIT!!!
    And stuff like that. If they actually said something meaningful or asked for help, i would try. But those people who just say ”this sucks, fix it devs, you suck” get zero respect from me.

The Otherguy likes this.
  15. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

lol

The Otherguy likes this.
  16. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

I was moderator in community around my favourite online game, I was totally decimated in few months (don't know how I was able to endure so long time) from the toxicity of people, new argues started every few hours (but it was relatively small community) and it bothered me so much that I started banning them, they continued so I left moderator post and the community but also the game because it wasn't fun anymore for me to play with players like those, the community was full of racists, obviously small kids even it was 15+ game and id*ots who weren't even able to discuss normaly, they were just arguing:(

Nikkie! and The Otherguy like this.
  17. RangerCA

RangerCA Member

I was a moderator in another game as well, and let me tell you that everyone here is on Lithium in comparison.

However, this is just the interwebz. If everyone was forced to have their geotag and face posted with every message, I'm fairly certain they would act like humans you might consider p***ing on should they combust.

BehavioUr :p

A55A51N likes this.