1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

I have had ENOUGH!!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Finger-Bang007, 16 Apr 2018.

1. Finger-Bang007

Finger-Bang007 Member

I have been a member of the BB(battle bay) community for quite a while now(couple of years), and this is my biggest concern that I will adress. I think reporting players for bad chat behaviour is a JOKE. Being a person of “colour” I always feel so bad that people use racist terms to hurt people in the chat, so I do my best to report them. But it seems as if one can do whatever one wants in the chat without getting banned or reprimanded, since I still see those players being active. While the game itself has developed in a good direction, your “connection” with players trying to keep this game clean has dropped to the point where I have to question what type of game I’m supporting by playing and spending money on. Like I said. Some aspect has become a JOKE and the chat moderation is something that has bothered me enough to speak out loud about. Im not even going to say please do something about it, but DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Getting sick of feeling bad because you don’t do squat to remove those players from the chat for being racist. I have small cousins playing this game and they have reacted to the racism they see in the chat(among other things). The only reason they are playing it is because of me, so I’m responsible for them. Your way of taking responsible is a JOKE!
    DO SOMETHING!!!

2. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    1. Ignore
    2. Block
    3. Then report

3. Finger-Bang007

Finger-Bang007 Member

I can do that. But my cousins won’t. Even though it hurts them, they keep on reading it. And by the way. Reporting doesn’t do squat.

Reorge, Ultrah and Mr. Chompers like this.
  4. Agile Vanguard

Just tell your cousins to ignore racist players cause they don’t need to listen to them. Anyway, How could they be racist if they don’t know them in real life?

5. Agile Vanguard

Do block for them;)

6. Agile Vanguard

Or take a screenshot and sent it to Rovio

7. Finger-Bang007

Finger-Bang007 Member

Rovio don’t seem to care AT ALL friend. For me, it’s enough that someone uses racist slur, to call them racist. I don’t know if you have ever experienced racism before, but I grew up experiencing it all the time, and I still do. That stuff hurts. My cousins are still young(teens) so they feel they have to “fight” back. So they dont block. They are just like me and wants to see some consequences.

Reorge and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  8. Bradley Thorinsson

Bradley Thorinsson Well-Known Member

9. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

10. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

By looking at the flag on the profile? And you don't have to know somebody to be racist. Just posting racial slurs in the chat is absolutely racist.

11. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Better chat filtering and implementation of muting is still being worked on. Please continue to report the offenders; they do get looked into, but there's a long moderation queue. If there's a particularly bad example, please take screenshots and privately send them to myself, or another MVP or Rovio employee via the forum's private messaging service.

Although I do have to concede that there's a bit of hypocrisy here with regards to your forum username. If that's your in-game name as well, I imagine there's several parents who aren't too keen on explaining its colloquial meaning to their young children either. "He who lives in glass houses" and all that jazz.

12. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

However, appealing to hypocrisy does not change the truth of what he’s saying.

Regardless of what his name is, racism and abuse has no place in the chat.

13. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Similar to the OP's concern I've reported more than one player with an offensive name. I'm not aware that any action has been taken particularly since I saw one of them weeks afterwards. This is a fairly important issue that Rovio needs to take seriously.

14. Bradley Thorinsson

Bradley Thorinsson Well-Known Member

The BB dev Team does take this issue seriously IMG_20180416_235821.png

Last edited: 16 Apr 2018
    Miathan likes this.
  15. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Awesome, good to know. Unfortunately the chat problem is less easy to solve.

16. Finger-Bang007

Finger-Bang007 Member

How is my name a problem?

17. Finger-Bang007

Finger-Bang007 Member

Forget I asked. Just googled it. I was not aware that fingerbang ment what it ment in the dictionary. My meaning with the name is that i use my finger to shoot. Will change it now.

18. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I thought so, what with the double-oh-seven ending lol.

19. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Lol that is a hilarious realization. I’m sure you got some interesting results too. o_O

20. MHz3000

MHz3000 Member

Help I Cant Breath