1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Complaints with suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Sammer86, 15 Apr 2018.

?

Do you agree with the suggestions?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. Sammer86

Sammer86 New Member

The complaint is about the ships types in each team, since a month ago there is something so weird, for instance, you are a fixer and you get 3 speeders and enforcer, and the other team is all shooters, or you fight a team who has a fixer while you don't, or you fight a team who has a fixer and 2 defenders of 15k HP, and it is getting worse day after day the players are sick of that.
    The suggestion is to have the exact ships types at both teams, and the same ships levels, why at 3000+ infamy should we get a mk5 of low hit points who can be killed easily then the battle is dead.
    Another aweful situation, players who use weak equipment just for the sake of the quest, like the other day there was a fixer in my team of all tier1 fixing equipment, it was a disaster. The suggestion is not to allow players to select the quests unless they have the needed tier according to the infamy and ship mark level. For instance, player of 3200 infamy, using fixer, all fixing equipment should be at least tier4, otherwise this is not a fixer and a disaster to his/her team.
    Finally, the inactive players, I would suggest that players cannot go to a battle if the ping is above 300, either he is going to lag or to be inactive, so don't allow those players to go into a battle.

2. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    ***Note: these are all just my opinions, and they are not always right. I'm fine if you disagree with them, and I do welcome a friendly discussion. Thanks :)

If both teams were always the same, then matchmaking would lose the element of fun and unpredictability. There would be no more unique matchups like shooters vs speeders/enforcers, and every match would just become a series of boring fire vs fire situations. Moreover having to decide what to do because both teams have different ships is also a form of strategy/skill that players learn over time. In my opinion the interesting matchups and peoples responses to it help add to the colour and diversity of every match.

If that mk5 managed to get up to 3000 infamy with a weak ship/weapons, he must have a heck ton of skill to make up for it. If not, how would he be able to stay up there against the mk6s and 7s who are like whales compared to him?

I agree on that too! This would prevent many desperate people from bringing weak equipment for quests, and make matches much more fair.

Idk about this one, maybe there can be a warning message instead. Sometimes the connection is just fluctuating and would be fine a moment later. For me most of my lag issues only start after I've gotten into a match, or when I'm midway through it; not when I tap the battle button. But, above all, who would want to enter a battle while lagging? (Unless the connection is good enough to display the main screen but not to process everything that's happening a battle :/) On the other hand no-one wants someone whose ping is so bad that he's definitely going to lag to enter a battle with them.

Last edited: 15 Apr 2018
    StrictSalmon307 and Sammer86 like this.
  3. Sammer86

Sammer86 New Member

Thanks for taking time to discuss.
    Regarding the fun fact, it is not fun at all to fight a speeder at the end of the battle and he just runs away from you to get a draw, also, the very frustrating ships distribution is when there is a fixer against, and you don't have one, you will hit fir nothing, and get hit without fixing.
    Regarding the skilled mk5 players at 3000+ infamy, when they show up with you, the defenders of 12k+ HP are going to eat them like salad. I still think it is unfair to have different levels of mark ships at both teams, the balance is required.

4. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I like the ‘style’ of your post. You’ve identified something that you think is a problem (the easy part) and you’ve also suggested potential solution (which not everyone does)

I have to say that I agree with ‘wreck your day’s response, your first point about team ship balance would remove a big chunk of tactical play from the game. When you see which map is going to be used, and which ships are on your team (and oppositions team), start thinking about what tactics you’re going to use.
    Are you going to be aggressive or defensive?
    Which ship are you going to follow? (Or are you going to try to lead the team into the direction that you want?)
    Who are you looking to kill first (if opportunity presents itself)?
    Who are you looking to avoid?
    Etc etc
    Of course, all such plans are not guaranteed to survive beyond the first shot being fired, but that’s the kind of thinking that can give you an advantage.

Sammer86 likes this.
  5. Sammer86

Sammer86 New Member

Thanks a lot.
    Well the tactics you are talking about regarding the map control are applicable I agree, but if we are talking about which ship to follow, this is not applicable because we don't know our teams weapons until we start fighting (regardless the weapon's shape which can be recognised for some weapons)
    You reminded me now to request an improvement, to show which players have weapons assist yours, such as flaregun and you use fire perks. Thanks!!

6. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

You’re right that we don’t know our teammates weapons, but I would still advise you pick someone to follow.
    More often than not, teams win because they are better at focusing their fire on the same opponent, and they seek and take advantage of any out-numbering opportunities. Following a teammate puts you in the perfect position to be able to do this.

The general rule of thumb is to follow the highest infamy player. I sometimes forget to look, but ‘in-battle’ the players are lined up lowest infamy (left) to highest infamy (right) at the top of the screen.
    There are some exceptions - if a speeder is the highest don’t follow them (they generally have a completely different set of tactics to everyone else). In that case follow the second highest.
    You also may choose to follow a defender instead, as they can act as a good shield whilst you follow and deal damage.
    If, once battle starts, you find that they completely clash with your style then move onto someone else. (Say you are a close range fighter, but you find the player that you’re following runs all torps or mortars and likes to hang back).
    Anyway, it’s up to you whether you give my tip a go or not (I won’t be offended if you don’t ).

I will say that I agree with your point about seeing teammates loadouts before a battle.

7. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Wow that's a fast reply. Thanks for reading through my essay lol.

That's a tactic I guess since the speeder's only strength is speed...

Less (no) fixing = more firepower! Even though you will not be healed, your team would have 2-5 more guns than the enemy team to beat them with. But I do get it; it's really annoying when the team stays back and both sides exchange fire, with your team slowly losing hitpoints while their fixer patches them up.

No matter how skillful the mk5 is, his average guns + great skill would find a 12k hp defender with great guns and average skill incredibly hard, if not impossible, to beat. Of course there are exceptions, like a really, really, really good speeder, or maybe a double bubble enforcer dodging around Wayward Pains?
    a plain ol' shooter with all snipers. Nerf nerf sniper! :p
    Anyway back on topic; I think I remember seeing somewhere that the matchmaking algorithm is already built to consider ship mk level. It's definitely not perfect, but I'm certain the devs are working on it!