1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixer27's git gud help request station

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by TheFixer27, 10 Apr 2018.

1. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

I'd advise pulse / box / bolt. It's the most versatile setup, and you already have a nice pulse and box. Just drop the green box and equip the rare bolt. And obviously get a standard shield, instead of gear lube.

If it were me playing your account, I'd also swap overboost for nitro and use either mine or railgun as weapon. But those are more personal choices. Mortar and overboost aren't bad.

TheFixer27 and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  2. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

I agree with what @Miathan said + I would like to advice you to focus your healing on person dealing dmg on your team rather than healing whole team.
    If you are playing in the masters for long you will be able to recognise good players in the master pool base focus on healing them it will help you in increasing your infamy its same like taking down highest I dmg dealer of enemy team and nitro over ob is a good choice as it will help you in avoiding mortar spamming which is quite prevalent in matches below 3k infamy

TheFixer27 likes this.
  3. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Both scraps?
    Which was ur second one- I only remember the first.

4. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    Overboost is better, helps u cover distances to get to ur team.

5. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Aren't you a selfish Fixer? How would you know if you don't heal anyways?

Many of the top Fixers use Nitro. It is essential to dodge. And if you use bolts, you don't have to be that close to your team. But why would you be far away from your team anyways? Sounds just like a positioning error.

6. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    I am mainly selfish fixer but that doesn't mean that I dont stay close to my team for a considerable portion of the match. I also have a pulse and bolt that I might use from time to time.
    As a selfish fixer I might stray far from my team to hit an enemy speeder and might need to get back using overboost. Nitros can help u dodge but as a selfish fixer I feel overboost is better. Unless u have a nitro with a cooldown of only 6 seconds.

7. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I'm playing in Ace-3 right now... 2500 infamy. I agree completely. When a fixer hits me with a 400 point repair bolt I pretty much write them off as a fixing source. That simply isn't enough so I play is if we had no fixer and leave the fixer to do the best he can with our shooters. When someone nails me for 900 or more points of fixing that's actually one enemy shot removed. That's worth something.

That all being said, in this game skill always matters. I've had some lowly M4 fixers blow my mind with their positioning and awareness. There was one guy I distinctly remember thinking, "What? Did he clone himself so he's everywhere on the map all the freakin' time? Where did that bolt even come from?" Sure, they were sucky little 350 point bolts. But sheez.... he must've been running like 30 healing bolts on his fixer :)

*** edited to add ***
    From a speeders perspective, yeah overboost is better. Nitro is good for dodging one, maybe two shots. But it's only going to move you a short distance on the map. It certainly won't get you away from me who's running dual nitros AND overboost. Overboost, on the other hand, is good for covering map distance. It also won't get you away from me, but it will get you back to the cover of your team and they might well be able to save you.

8. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

A Fixer is never going to outrun a Speeder. If you need Overboost on a Fixer to "get back to your team" then you really need to address your positioning and map awareness instead of relying on the Overboost. A Nitro is beneficial when you have good positioning and just need to quickly dodge that Big Berta or Firebomb.

9. Snapshot

OK... with a great degree of hesitancy, I'm going to argue with you a bit. I agree on the benefit of Nitro. I disagree on the position thing.... somewhat.

Sure, it's true that with excellent positioning and awareness all the time then a fixer shouldn't need OB. But fixers find themselves out of position just like everyone else. More, sometimes they are perfectly IN position but I've flanked. At those moments, scooting just to the other side of their team might save them. A quick jet from nitro isn't going to accomplish much except maybe one miss from me. As a speeder I'm guessing I kill more fixers than my team mates on the average. It is kind of my job :) I know I prefer to see nitro on the fixer than OB.

Da Carronade King likes this.
  10. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I've not said that Nitro is outright better than Overboost. I've just disagreed that Overboost is better than Nitro. Either can be used effectively on a Fixer. The top Fixers use both of them and I play with lots of Fixers that use both of them.

Personally, I preferred a Nitro on my Fixer (back when I played it). My good friend is a dedicated Fixer that reached 3600+ with like 7k or less gear score and swears by Nitro, but he also has the minimum cooldown possible (or close to it). It makes a huge difference to get all 4 cooldown perks on it, where an Overboost doesn't really need that fourth. So it probably depends on what Epics you are blessed with.

Again, I'll reiterate that positioning with a Fixer is far more important than what yellow item you choose. Heck, I've seen Fixers run with Tesla Bolts effectively. I wouldn't recommend it, but it can work.

11. Snapshot

I can only bow to your superior knowledge at this point so I do.

And this last point here... that is inarguable. It is certainly true of my speeder. It was true on my shooter. Perhaps the only boat it's not so true of is the juggernaut defender. For myself personally, despite already "punching up" by huge margins, I'm convinced that what holds me back is that thing Lil_torta posted about... positioning and awareness.

12. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    From personal experience I feel that overboots is better on fixer. It feels better and covers more distance :)

13. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    The first one:scrap all duct tapes(tier4 rare and uncommon with all epic perks and also tier4 rare and epic pulse) and turn to all firebomb shooter
    The second one, scrap everything excluding pieces

Da Carronade King likes this.
  14. TheFixer27

A boat
    Alright guys thanks for everyone's advice,I'll try them all and see which one suits me best :)

15. TheFixer27

A boat
    IMG_25610411_081704.JPG Jesus Christ, :( tier5EPIC RAILGUN two shooting my teammates Vs my puny tier2-3rares

16. TheFixer27

A boat
    I'm now so scared to live in ace Screenshot_25610411_161928.jpg lol

17. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    Keep on going. Ur green items are all ready better than mine because I focus on many ships but u are doing well. I am at 1850 infamy myself.

TheFixer27 likes this.
  18. TheFixer27

A boat
  19. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    Did u change the title to ur thread?

20. TheFixer27

A boat
    Yep