1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Dual TS enforcers (mk6/7)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Jared, 6 Apr 2018.

1. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

Flavor of the month... a term often used in games with buff/nerf cycles. The current hot build due to the latest patch.

2. Lil_Torta

Lil_Torta Active Member

Oh ok, well to be fair I’m not here to argue wether or not it’s OP. I’m giving a real reason why I myself play it. I chose to play this ship when I started playing based off watching gameplay videos of different ships. I even tried other ships out. Overall I enjoyed the manuevering and flexibility of the ship. It’s sort of a Jack Of All Trades but Master of None to me. So just understand my point isn’t to defend wether or not it’s OP. Just why I and a lot of people I know myself, enjoy it.

3. xxxBISMARCKxxx

Lol ok... but you know and I know. Wasn't hard to see you working. This was never a thread about "enfo is no fun" or "why do you play enfo"... lol... dw tho I am sure it will still be fun after inevitable TS nerf.

4. Lil_Torta

Lil_Torta Active Member

The Original Poster asked why so many top players he seen are using Enfo. I gave him 2 reasonable explanations. I never gave those explanations because I felt anyone thought it “wasn’t fun”. I gave him those explanations because they are real and that’s why I play it.

5. xxxBISMARCKxxx

O rly... show us the part where he asked that lolol...

6. Lil_Torta

Lil_Torta Active Member

C0DBB672-2CCB-4DD6-A871-BACF334E1B57.png
    “Top 25 players global should consist of average of all ships roughly. As of april 6th, 15 / 25 top global players are dual ts enforcers.”

You really shouldn’t have people do the reading for you. But consider me generous. My response was in reaction to why the top 25 players consists of (a lot) of enforcers.

EDIT: Dude I even quoted it in my original post...c’mon man...

7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

To be fair and all, enfo is NOT an easy ship to play. A little more forgiving than speeder, but brutal on your team if you don't know how to use it. That said, double bubble IS OP right now. The reason is that its counters hvae been CD nerfed to the point that they can no longer be used to break it, since they are too valuable to do so.

Blast cannon is, I believe, the last of the few feasible options.

*JAWS*, Lil_Torta and xxxBISMARCKxxx like this.
  8. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

I agree in everything about Enfos but this. Single TS Enfos are not OP at all. Why would you nerf the ship's speed? It's ok the way it is. With a Double Bubble balance and a buff to other ships it would be just ok.

A55A51N and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  9. xxxBISMARCKxxx

I don't understand why people are reading for you... lol git gud (at reading).

There is a meta level argument to be made which brings us back to FotM. For many people the easiest path to winning also is the most fun and enjoyable path. You didn't really parse it out that way but it's been proven over many many games that lots of players have more fun in an ez mode environment than having to struggle on a level playing field. So I guess that we could agree on that- that 15/25 of top players are enfos right now because it's more fun for them (to win).

*JAWS* and Shadow Moon! like this.
  10. Lil_Torta

Lil_Torta Active Member

That’s fine, I’m not arguing that point. I only explained that I enjoyed Enforcer for the reason I gave. And I did agree that of course there are people who will choose a ship cause it’s better.

But I never said anyone is reading for me. Your asking people to read for you. You didn’t need to ask me where the Original Poster wrote the sentence that I was giving a response to cause I had quoted it in my original post. That’s lazy.

11. xxxBISMARCKxxx

Nah man I was only doing that to point out you said he asked why it was. But he didn't ask that did he. Guy was like "double TS is OP 15/25 top enfos etc." so you tried to put some kinda spin on it couched in this dear diary post about why enfo is fun for you which was apropos of nothing, just a vehicle for the spin. But for real what is your fear here, is it that a nerf will go over the top and totally ruin enfo? If that's the case I understand and even share your concern but seriously the current situation is clearly out of hand, it can't last.

*JAWS*, Shadow Moon! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  12. Lil_Torta

Lil_Torta Active Member

Lol I don’t care about a nerf. Devs handle these things always the way they should. They nerfed TeslaBolt not too long ago and I didn’t complain. I just adjusted and switched to TShield. Why do you assume I’m scared? Are you only here to troll people? If so then I’m done with this convo.
    I was only addressing something the OP already said. You can take your “dear diary sarcasm somewhere else” I never came here with the intention to argue with someone like a caveman. So feel* free to continue, I won’t be contributing.

Last edited: 10 Apr 2018
  13. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Didn't anybody read my suggestion?

14. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

A epic t4 blast cannon with 1 epic damage perk will not break a epic t4 TS.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Yes but hp talents will have to go then. The problem will be the more your TS duration more you will be useless in battles.
    Maybe increase global cooldown to 4sec with TS equipped or increase cooldown of weapons equipped by 10-20% while in TS.

16. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I am in Ace 1 (but just broke the 4000 barrier on Monday) so am fighting ships commonly around the 4000 infamy mark.

Here is the breakdown of ships from my last 10 battles:
    • 17 fixers
    • 9 enforcers
    • 9 Defenders
    • 33 shooters
    • 12 speeders
    What might be meta at the very top level of nightmare, is not meta at the 4000 infamy level. Most of those enforcers would be Mk6 and therefore able to run double bubble if they wished.
    I’m sure if players from different infamy levels posted their results we’d see different results again (or even if I posted my next 10 matches instead - but I’d guess that I’d still see more shooters than anything else).
    Whilst I agree that balance is important at the top end, it is important to consider whether that top end is representative of the whole player base.

17. xxxBISMARCKxxx

That only adds up to 80 ships so even if you're taking yourself out (which you should) you're missing 10.

18. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Thanks for pointing this out. Must have only done 9 matches then, and missed one player somewhere. Oh well.

The number of matches is an irrelevance though. My point remains, the mix of ships at top of nightmare is not the same as the mix of ships at 4000 infamy. I’m not disputing anyone’s evidence of what happens with the top 100 players (how could I, that’s not my level), I’m just saying that those trends don’t correlate with what I’m seeing at the nightmare 4000 border.

The problems being raised in this post appear specific to that very top level, and so the solution needs to apply to that very top level only.

Lil_Torta likes this.
  19. xxxBISMARCKxxx

umm... not really impressed with your thinking you can draw many conclusions from 9 matches... lol

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  20. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

If I had only ever played 9 matches then you’d be right, but in all my other recent matches, those ratios feel about right.
    If I had to say, I’d have expected slightly more enforcers, and probably a few less defenders and speeders, but only a couple more.
    The amount of shooters and fixers feels about right.

I’m not going to waste my time going back and collecting data from a larger sample. There’s no point for me as the limited sample already backs up roughly what my gut tells me from personal experience is the approximate split at the the 4000 infamy level.

Ultimately, if you’re not prepared to accept my small sample and what I’m telling you my gut tells me is the approximate split then that’s up to you. I don’t have to justify my opinion, it’s my right to have one.

Going one step further, at my level, we don’t have players with double bubble that can pretty much have a non-stop shield. They don’t have the really strong TS’s and so have to choose between time and strength. We don’t have the players of the same skill as YSL (for example) to be able to exploit the advantages of the TS like she can. Not all enforcers at this level run double TS (I only run one), I also run a TB to pop the TS’s of enforcers/speeders who don’t expect it. Double Bubble is not a problem at that bottom end of nightmare level (nor I suspect at any level lower than that). As I have previously said, I believe it is a top level issue only, and so any ‘fix’ (if one is needed) should only be a top level fix.

LimeOnMars and TheAntiSnipe like this.