1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

A good suggestion for AFK team mates

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Boaty-mcboåtface, 2 May 2017.

Tags:
  1. Boaty-mcboåtface

Boaty-mcboåtface New Member

if team mate is afk for more than 1:00 first player to die should take control over their ship.
    In that case that would be a 'ghost ship' without any of them scoring points or quests, but at least the battle would be more fair.

2. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    Soo if you have a high level player afk it'd be a good idea to die asap to take control of him? ^^

3. k406k

k406k Active Member

No. He means floaters. No movement from that player.

4. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    Yes, but if a high level player is afk, then it'd be encouraging to try to die asap so you can control his ship?

5. k406k

k406k Active Member

Why? Wouldn't it be more encouragement to fight harder to try and take more dmg from your opponents before being killed so that backup can arrive? Also I imagine most high level players don't disappear in action as soon as a battle starts...

6. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    Sure, but how do you know if he's going to come back? And yes, high matches rarely have an afker. I'm just trying to outline problems i see with the idea right off the bat.

7. k406k

k406k Active Member

One minute into the match and a no show? Don't you think that player losses the right to participate? I've had to take phone calls when playing that took me well over the 1 minute mark, and I would think that my floating ship would be better put to use by another player on the board in that scenario.

8. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    Sure, but would you then get control when you get back? Or would you be locked out of your own battle? I see a lot of problems with this solution.

9. Memorize

Memorize Member

I'm suggest a punishment those who's floating by decrease their gold sugar pearls reward by half for 30 mins to 1:30 hours. Is this acceptable? but before that we're in need after match report menu would be great.

10. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

However afk people are common early game I had 4 matches in a row were we were screwed over by afk people

11. k406k

k406k Active Member

I kind of envision a situation where if you are gone for 1 minute, then your ship becomes vacant. The original player can't retake the ship over after that time regardless, and has to wait until the battle has been resolved. The first player to die if a ship has been 'Mary Celeste' gains control of it for the duration of the rest of the battle.

12. Whistler

Whistler Active Member

Maybe if the whole rest of the team died and only the afk player stands THEN the game could randomly pick one of the other players to take control of their ship for a small extra shot at winning the battle? In this case if the afk player came back after this they would be notified of what happened and be allowed to spectate

13. Boaty-mcboåtface

Boaty-mcboåtface New Member

It would only be if a player is floating for a given time, like 1:00 2:00, etc. End of battle doesn't really help much.
    I don't think many people would die on purpose, as it's counter productive infamy wise and they would only notice that someone is really floating over time after quite a long time of battle, plus they could never be sure if someone else from the team might suddenly be killed just before them and take over instead.

Yeah, Floaters would have to wait the battle to be over, watching as expectator, or closing the match.
    I've floated a couple times due to calls and other things, and would be glad if someone from the team could take over, personally wouldn't mind waiting a couple minutes as penalty.
    That would actually decrease floating, as people would give more importance to it.

14. - C l o u d y -

- C l o u d y - Member

A Person ⊙︿⊙
    Good idea, but on the side note, this would cause a lot of problems.
    Also, restricting quests from being completed cause of this is terrible.
    Instead of these maybe implementing an afk penalty wait time, temporary one day ban after 4 - 5+ offenses, or just reduced rewards after the battle has ended.
    Also, even battles with afk players is 100% fair because you just need to know how to play it the right away.
    So from my opinion, this suggestion is not very good at all.^^

Oldmandragon likes this.
  15. Oldmandragon

Oldmandragon New Member

Personally, I'm not sure there's any real fair way to deal with such things.
    Or rationally monitor it. Since you never know if it's intentional, or if they had their network disconnect, or a phone call, ect ect.

Maybe, consider, any player Afk three matches in a row, game automatically locks them out of duels for an hour. Or for those intentionally doing it, 12 hour lock out. Idk.
    But if it's an earnest mistake and/or a phone call or something, you shouldn't be penalized for it.
    That said, if it is a phone call, then there isn't anyway of logging into the next duesmover and over. So multiple afk offenses should be easy to detect, and then penalize with a lovknout.

Well, I say easy. Easy in theory and principle. Coding is a whole other animal I suppose.

16. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

Why can't they just make afker get 0 rewards and lose 0 infamy. Then you have no incentive to afk as it gains you nothing and if you get a phone call at start of match, nothing happens :)
    Or if that's too lenient just do the same thing above except you lose like 5 infamy