1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Tesla bolt still usable?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by TheFixer27, 8 Apr 2018.

1. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Just curious so that I can decide whether to keep an epic one I just got or not

2. CoolDownHSNA

CoolDownHSNA Well-Known Member

Student
    Keep ur epic one, it becomes viable later on as u progress in infamy

TheFixer27 likes this.
  3. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Hell yes, tesla bolts are certainly still being used big time, especially higher leveled ones. Just like the explosive cannon, they dropped in popularity but are still very much viable setups, just gotta be more mindful when using it. My defender still gets stunned a good 8-10 seconds, enough time for me to watch my fixer die while i can't do anything.

4. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Cooldown makes it lot less viable in lot of situation and teammates make it less viable so I recommend you to keep it maybe down the line it's buffed or something like that or you get high lvl buzz to make it to 16 sec cooldown

5. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I had gotten my tesla after the nerf. So coming from "no tesla" to "any tesla bolt" it seemed perfectly usable and a hugely valueable tool. Then @TheAntiSnipe convinced me to try dual-nitro and that was the end of my tesla bolt. My R1 nitro was better than my R30 bolt... at least for the way I play.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  6. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

I still take one with me, although it's not great most of the time.

Team mates break it often and cool down makes it tricky, but it still saved me a lot of times.

Also when it's 1 vs 1 at the end, I love whittling their health down low enough to hit them with a flare and then stun him, doing victory circles round them until they sink completely helpless

7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Ah~ those were the days.

TheFixer27 and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  8. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Yes it is still viable. I got a rare bolt but i don't using it, i prefer dual nitro. That isn't about tesla bolt nerf i didn't using it before either because of my carronades. Tesla bolt is well balanced now.

9. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Hmmm... I was just re-reading that and now I'm concerned.

Once again, speed appears to be the dominant factor in everything. When an R1 nitro overcomes an R30 bolt then something is wrong. When turbo is considered mandatory something is wrong. When nitro and overboost are more important than whatever my guns are something is wrong. I don't know what, exactly. But I dislike how dominant speed is in this game.

10. TheAntiSnipe

I did say it before, as the reason why speeder *cannot* be effectively nerfed: in a game where positioning matters so much, a ship that can get into position the fastest will almost always be the dominant class.

11. The Afenogaster

The Afenogaster Well-Known Member

Bbay player / free time artist.
    Are you talking about enforcer or speeder for domination? Because now we have a complete yellow apex

12. TheAntiSnipe

Doesn't it mean both? Any ship with more yellow slots is gonna dominate... Just because of the speed it has.

13. The Afenogaster

The Afenogaster Well-Known Member

Bbay player / free time artist.
    True, but now I see a lot of enfo these days

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  14. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Gotta love my 14.3 second stun

15. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

It definitely is! You just need to be more careful about when to use it.

I played with nitro instead, but I just ended up nitroing all over the place and doing nothing.

Tesla bolt used strategically can be a game changer.

gor.030 and TheFixer27 like this.