1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply Match Making Getting Even Worst in Every Update

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by The Friendly Fixer, 22 Feb 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I pushed up from 1200 to 1700 this season. In fact, for a moment I was first place in Master-3. Now I'm second place. I went from Warrior-1 all the way to Master-2. So that's a top finish at the next higher league and progress into the next division. This is the point where, after slaying the nasty high level boss solo, I open the chest and retrieve the awesome high-level loot, right? LOL. For that performance I get 2x rare pieces, 1 epic piece, and 300 blue parts. None of that is enough to get me even remotely excited. Adding insult to injury, my income stream is significantly down from battle rewards.

That's why people tank. It's not rocket science. The fact that people do tank means that infamy does not measure "skill". Rather it measures the player's perceived min/max sweet spot within the bounds of his skill. And that is why matchmaking and any other system which depends on infamy measuring skill is broken too.

FearsomeChicken likes this.
  2. Fiorell

Fiorell Active Member

This was already answered in this thread.

3. The Friendly Fixer

The Friendly Fixer Well-Known Member

*Devs Matchmaking is Fine.... *ME Sure Mate Screenshot_2018-03-07-03-27-27.png Yep That's So a Fair Match! Do Damn Fair Tier 5 Rares Tier 3 Epics and Legendarys!?? Are you kidding me! Screenshot_2018-03-07-03-27-41.png Devs FIX THE MATCHMAKING!!!!!

Blueee likes this.
  4. Swaf

Swaf Member

That's crazy here shouldn't be mk5 below 2k let alone mk6.

5. The Friendly Fixer

The Friendly Fixer Well-Known Member

Screenshot_2018-03-07-06-32-21.png WE DIDN'T STAND A CHANCE!!!!!!! WTF MY TEAM MATES!!

6. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Perspective is interesting. That sort of matchup is what I see all the time and I would consider that a really well-balanced one. It gets SO much worse than that. Sure, the enemy team is much better geared than yours and your boat seems woefully undergeared but at least your team has a fixer and they do not. Compared to how match-making used to be that is an utterly awesome matchup. Talk to me when your team is M4, M4, M5, M5, M5 and their team is M5, M5, M6, M6, M6. That was commonplace before. Worse happened regularly too. I was in an M3 seeing a SEA of M6's at 1200 infamy or I'd see match ups where the total mark difference was 4 or more.

As compared to the current matches I fight all the time (at 1950 infamy now but I just recently got out of the 1500 land) I'd evaluate that board as a totally winnable one. The goal would be to take out the enemy speeder first relieving pressure on our fixer and then focus down the M6. After that it's all mop-up. My eyes look at that and say, "Fair enough". Where you lost wasn't in the matchmaking. Sure, it was an uphill battle but a winnable one.

Just to be clear, I'm only a few hundred infamy above you at 1950 and I see legendaries in most matches now. I got one-shot by a railgun last night. It's not that I'm unsympathetic. Maybe it's just that I'm so jaded that I think of that as "good". There's no question that the infamy ranking system is still totally jacked up although I'm seeing marked improvements after the patch.

7. ShootHimNotMe

ShootHimNotMe New Member

Battle Bay_2018-03-07-17-55-18.png Facing the same problem, Im a lvl 8 and up against level 25 player with superior equips. And the sad thing is, no matter how much I try they always get me and accuse me of being a feeder. I really hope they will make the match making system base on level at least the gap between players equipments are not that far. Since the tier availabilty is base on Level. Because right now it feels like your being fed to the big fish all the time.

8. Evilchicken235

Evilchicken235 Well-Known Member

CSIE Student
  9. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

Exactly! Anyone who chimes in to say otherwise is speculating just like they say we are. Until Rovio tells us exactly how they ensure the approx. 50/50 win/loss, all we have is speculation. It’s complete bullshit to say that infamy matching is leading to a natural 50/50 balance! From my observation, it looks like they are “manipulating lag”. I have over 5000 games and know my strengths and weaknesses, looking at some (not all) of my losses, specifically the streaks, they are very inconsistent with my average gameplay. Same me, same internet connection, and moments after positive streaks, I suddenly get hits from invisible torpedos, players I hit getting no or minimal hit points, etc. when you report this, they say lag. Well it sure seems like a great way to ensure a 50/50 win/loss, to use the predictive system that they created to combat lag to bring a player down towards their 50%. Truthfully, I wish they would just be honest, that’s why I am not spending anymore money on B.B.

Last edited: 6 Apr 2018
  10. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

I have something to say to all who say fix matchmaking. I would probably not comment anymore except buck up my matchmaking thread count on the rest of them. I never complained about matchmaking and the reason is below. See if you get the point.

This is me with a mk5 at a similar infamy as you all.
    Screenshot_20170926-075042.png
    I was just trying out the torp. I used EC as main.

And this is the same mk5 with a few gear improvements.
    Screenshot_20180129-170629.png

Now tell me why is that you can't climb in infamy? Is it you or the matchmaking? When I was climbing the ladder before matchmaking improvements you could see any mk ship at any level based on infamy. I could have complained all the time about getting mk6 at 1500 infamy and the result would have been that I would still be complaining about the same thing at 1500 infamy.

I cannot deny that matchmaking needs improvement but there is something else that needs more improvement. Patience and skill count more than matchmaking or infamy.

Kalbs likes this.
  11. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Dafuq I was never at 1500 using mk5:eek::p.
    But I can't get to 3500+ using a mk6 even though I made to 3700 using mk5:oops:

12. _devill

It was probably the torp or maybe the matchmaking was that bad. Lol. I was awesome from the get go. ;)

13. _devill

And here is the actual reason. Can't believe I had screenshots this old. Fresh upgrade to mk5 which you saw in earlier post. Screenshot_20170924-055204.png

And btw, I'm at 3500 infamy with a mk6.:p

14. Shadow Moon!

I am constantly in between 3450 to 3300 its same for 3 seasons now get to season high at beginning and then chase that target no matter how upgraded my arsenal is.

_devill likes this.
  15. Kcfiret8

Kcfiret8 New Member

Match making’s great until you’re about to hit a milestone like nightmare league then you get thrown into a battle you have no business being in. 35C64CA5-A4C9-472C-ACD2-F1EA94D40487.png

What's Up Player likes this.
  16. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Mm thread count: 4 billion +13.

_devill and Riddlerpaji like this.
  17. Shadow Moon!

Inference : There is certainly something wrong with matchmaking

Babablacksheep and Snapshot like this.
  18. Kaletheshavage

Kaletheshavage Member

I'd say its a mix of both. Theres no way to tell if you're good or your team is bad(you will obviously be biased and try to deflect blame from yourself). Sometimes it can be you, but it can also be your team (infamy tankers, retardo players)

19. Kaletheshavage

Kaletheshavage Member

NEXT TIME JUST TELL YSL TO CARRY LMAO

Kcfiret8 likes this.
  20. Jrmysan

Jrmysan New Member

I see mixed reviews on math making. My expierances has been miserable since last updates. I have a lvl5 boat. I play quests and dont always have strongest weapons loaded. I cannot hardly get a damn win anymore! I almost always place top 3 in score and usually last you die . Frustrating to constantly be matched with people that cant score worth a damn. My infamy had sank to under 100 because I can't get matched with a solid team! Ive tried different approaches andI keep taking losses. Not sure if i can do anything else ... Or match making needs to not weigh so heavy infamy? Thoughts or help please!

opp likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.