1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 2.9 "Bay Sweet Bay"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 22 Mar 2018.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

We'll build some more hehe *evil grin*

I ain't gonna say nothin' about nothin' lol. If I find a meta tho, I'm keeping it secret

Nikkie!, _devill and The Otherguy like this.
  2. Asigossi

Asigossi Member

I agree with that entirely.
    I played a speeder for most of the 2 years I have played this game. My setup was always sniper + blast canon, then they introduced explosive canon, so I switched my setup to sniper + explosive canon. Since the nerf to tesla bolt and explosive canon, the last thing I want is a massive nerf to sniper as well. I may as well throw in the towel with my speeder.

3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I can agree that they’ve been ‘updating’ the game, but as far as ‘balancing’ goes, they just flit from one extreme to the other. And they never address the most glaring imbalances.

Below about 5000 infamy (which is 99.999% of the playerbase), shooters outnumber all other ships combined. That doesn’t happen because the casts are well balanced.

The whole purpose of ‘balance’ is to allow for choice and variety. Rovio has failed miserably at that. When 8 out of 10 boats, in every game, are the same boat... that ‘failure’ should be self evident. It’s almost the definition of monotony (one tone = red).

As for /delete and move on. Yeah, pretty much. I already stopped playing for a month after the last update. I was hoping this update might see some serious improvements, but sadly, I’ll probably be going back to idling again soon.

Last edited: 26 Mar 2018
  4. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    ok , ok , i get the point

5. Blueee

Blueee Active Member

Always In The Bay!!
    This is the new defender ‘improvement’ :) 77FED34A-8348-44B4-A1B4-1B6E1B71C524.jpeg

HAPPY SITHSHA and *JAWS* like this.
  6. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

If possible, 2X contribution on using same class weapon in specific weapon quests
    Screenshot_20180327-104844~2.png
    For eg
    Using std mortar - - >10x contribution as usual
    Using other mortar (Berta, ball parks, Lrm) - - >2X contribution (SHOULD BE CHANGED)
    Other weapons - - >1X as usual

Last edited: 28 Mar 2018
  7. Cleener

Cleener New Member

Need Fixer healing counted back , I score from 0 to 1000 usually , when you are into a heavy battle forget scoring . And now my Guild suffers. Thank you

FataMorgana88 and Boeggla like this.
  8. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

I like this update very much.But the boats in the main screen looks some kind of robotic,I think.Make it normal and simple,devs.Make the boat's lower part sink in the water and make them normal as seen before the update.Also at the shipyard,boats look dull and clumsy.It is nice before the update(I mean neat and simple).I will post a screenshot,if possible.Please fix this,developers.All I ask is make them look simple,neat and not too robotic:):););):rolleyes::rolleyes::oops::oops:

Nikkie! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  9. Asigossi

Asigossi Member

You have a point, but some people take this to a whole new level. It's a video game, meant for having fun. Some people completely lose perspective of this and become way too serious.

The game now compared to when it came out is night and day. It has come a long way since launch, and mostly for the better. There have been pro's and con's to all patches, but at the end of the day, the game has improved.

I don't know how you view the gaming world, but for me, it's a nice escape from the real world we live in. I play for fun, and I won't lose sight of that. It's not a career or a job, it's a video game.

TheAntiSnipe and *JAWS* like this.
  10. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Yes, it’s a video game, but let’s remember, it’s not ‘just a game’, it’s also 6 months worth of my time and money. Literally, hundreds of hours and dollars put into it.

If someone spends 6 months working on ANYTHING, (it could be a painting, a novel, restoring a classic car, or building an enormous house of cards), and then you come along and mess with it, then that person has every right to be mad at you. You just wasted 6 months of thier life.

Of course ‘serious’ is a relative term. Is it serious enough to kill someone over? No, that would be excessive. Serious enough to angrily call someone an incompetent? Yes! You would absolutely have that coming and deserve it.

If we can’t speak out, what can we do? Rovio was selling ‘special offers’ on ExC, the day right before they nerfed it. Which means some people might have spent a lot of money, on something that was obsolete the very next day.

I’m not even sure that’s legal, but I know full well it’s dishonest. I don’t even believe they’re trying to balance the game anymore. What they appear to be doing is artificially shifting the meta around to force people to either spend or be unable to play.

Frost and Tesla Bolt might have needed a nerf. But what the Devs did was totally unreasonable, no reasonable person would have believed that was a good idea, or left it in place when it became evident that it was not. Speeder is dead now, and trying to play with one is like watching paint dry.

Last edited: 29 Mar 2018
  11. HAPPY SITHSHA

images.jpeg [​IMG] This is the shipyard with the ships before the update.Looks nice.o_O;);) o_O
    Could someone post a image of the shipyard after the new 2.9 update please?

@PastelPiku,@Harpo,@Cryix,@Antisnipe or anyone please?

@The Grim Repair,@MIIKA,please bring back the old shipyard with the neat ships because the ships now looks too graphical.That's looks robotic.Please fix this.;);):rolleyes::rolleyes:

This is the new image of the shipyard after the 2.9 update. Screenshot_20180330-021421.png

Last edited: 29 Mar 2018
    Nikkie! likes this.
  12. tarkania

tarkania New Member

PLEASE MAKE NAPALM LIKE BEFORE !!!!!!!!
    Napalm is useless now it’s strategic weapon for blocking accès on ship so they must make damage for all ship
    Don’t make stupid thing because u don’t know nerf tesla shield in good way
    And very less damage for questing of course finally

Rovio don’t listen stupid guys who never use napalm!!!!

Better u spend ur time for make fleet of five and guild war and fleet ligue
    Waiting esport guys !!!!

13. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Back after a week in the ban shed, you arent allowed to call idiots for idiots, fair enough I knew what was coming my way :)

Did we ever get any feedback on the Fixer quest participation nerf? I can fully understand why 100% counting was too good to last, but was it really nessacary to scale back to 0% and in effect making Fixer the worst quest boat? Perhaps worth considering if there is a number between 0 & 100 that strikes a better balance between too good and worst by a mile.

@The Grim Repair @Miika @Zeus

14. HAPPY SITHSHA

@Pastel Piku,@Harpo,@Cryix,@The Antisnipe,@Caffeinated Chris or anyone else,tell which shipyard looks clean,neat and not too robotic?Did u notice the changes?:):):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nikkie! likes this.
  15. MH8025

MH8025 New Member

Please delete the popup.
    This is very unpleasant.

16. ForgetIt

ForgetIt Member

For this feature:
    • You can now play the next battle without returning to the Bay
    I'd like to suggest:
    • Should show the chatroom buttons in the finish screen and the waiting screen so to be notified should the fleeted player have something to say.
    • For non-VIP user, if killed, should have the option to exit battle AND watch ad immediately to obtain bonus resources, instead of having to wait till the game to finish.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. Lakshiya

Lakshiya New Member

Doctor
    It Doesn't

18. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

I might be ungrateful, but I dont really feel that the dev comment address the reasoning behind making Fixer the wrong choice of boat if you want to help your guild quest. Again, I can understand why 100% healing counting was too much, but this change looks (and plays) like a massive overreaction. Once protector and Fixer wins quests are completed (if you actually get them), there isnt much point in playing the lowest damage ship.

So my questions are these;
    1. Can you imagine any values between 0 & 100%?
    2. Are you planning to introduce more healing quests, or are you happy with Fixer being the worst quest boat by far?

The balance changes/fixes were great, now we just need reasons to justify playing the ship. I can play Fixer and let my guild down, or I can play the other 4 boats and contribute much more. Not sure that this was intended (?)

Naturally you can also just stick to the plan and ignore the questions/comments about this topic. Feels bad man.

Boeggla, Mimmel and Ultrah like this.
  19. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

372A1DBA-AE8D-46B3-AE4E-094F6528D0BC.jpeg

#CK and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  20. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    hope some of our complaint getting fixed in 3.0 patch :)