1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Number crunching with TheAntiSnipe: Harbormaster's Account Section

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by TheAntiSnipe, 24 Mar 2018.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Hey, guys, I've done a lot of calculation work for builds in the past, and I've come to the understanding that crunching numbers for making good builds or new meta setups ain't easy if you're a rookie.

So guys, bring your build queries to me, and I'll crunch the numbers for you! Anything, like, what's the golden ratio if I'm going for balanced burn+raw damage perking on my explosive cannon? Or if the "peppergunner" cannon flare blast enfo build is good for mid-short range standoffs? Or if it's something new, like a new build you're researching that might one day be "meta"?

Bring all those numbers to me, and I'll cook up some math(pun intended)!

2. TheAntiSnipe

3. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Aye, I use the peppergunner on my shooter with 2 high arching weapons for when the wave blocks my path. Fun setup!

Cryix, 00starlord00 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  4. rexaroni

rexaroni Member

I've got one for ya @TheAntiSnipe :

I'm currently mk5 enfo with about 2450 infamy. Using t4 epic swift (my baby), t4 rare snipe (2 epic crit chance/1 epic crit dmg) , t4 rare blast....well aware snipe and blast conflict training-wise, but... RNG giveth and I taketh.

I want to replace snipe with flare, but only have t2 rare currently. I also have 1 epic/2 rare burn perks for blast. Now to my question - at what level (total damage-wise) will the flare overtake my sniper ASSUMING equal accuracy/shots registered per game?

p.s. I realize trainings will factor into this equation so just assume t4 trainings for everything. Only snipe-specific trainings are the ones for crit dmg 25%.

Cryix and PastelPiku like this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

Oooo-kay. Now we're talking combos. Good question. One epic+2 rare burn perks give you...(9+9+12=)30% hiked damage on the blast cannon. Veery nice.
    1.A 4/40 blast for you does how much damage(no perks attached)?

If your answer is 600 or more, you'll do 900 or more damage with the blast ALONE.

Here's some good news. Flare is SUPERB because it is cheap as hell to train up Burnice for some outrageous flare damage. At rare 3/30 youre looking at more than 500 damage, 600+ on two epic perks actually.

Sniper lv40 on the optimum crit setup you use should crit for about 1100, yes? Assuming this upper limit and a crit chance of about... 25%, your flare will "overtake" your sniper cannon at about level 30. How? Consider four shots fired with the sniper cannon, AND the blast cannon with it.

Taking round figures, assuming sniper cannon crits for 1000 damage and blast cannon hits for 600 on nonburners, assuming similar cooldowns, you get {1000+3(350)+4(600)}=4450 damage.

Again taking round figures, assuming blast hits for 900 on burners and flare hits for 600, we get
    4(900)+4(600)=6000 DAMAGE!!!

The verdict is, level 30 is the golden number. BUT if you are used to a more distanced style of fighting, the sniper cannon going away is gonna create a MAJOR change in the way you play.

6. rexaroni

rexaroni Member

Very good analysis! Thank you kindly, as I was too lazy to do the maths myself.

716 damage. And sniper does roughly 850 dmg on a crit and 250 non-crit (in-game observations only). With these two snippets, looks like I can start [efficiently] using my flare sooner than t3//30 even.

I will say, I use flare (lv10 epic) about 25% of the time anyway instead of sniper because I feel like the intimidation factor of being set on fire and watching your *minus-this-much-HP* number steadily climb as you keep getting blasted causes erratic behavior from bad guys, which is an intangible benefit but still portends a similar overall damage output (and probably a higher overall team effectiveness level).
    Plus I like the play style of flare better. In fact, my sniper is used probably more often as a brawler-style weapon (which shouldn't be allowed but let's not go down that path) than as a long range option.

Anywho, thanks for the numbers!

wcc634 likes this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

Then lv30 is definately the number for you;)

Also, don't worry, I undercompensated for your snipe and overcompensated for your blast, so my analysis as it stands is perfect according to my reckoning:)

8. CoolDownHSNA

CoolDownHSNA Well-Known Member

Student
    This isn't related to maths, but still. Could u find out the statistics of each ship at each MK pls? This includes ship info and slot points etc.

BTW, what percentage did u get in ur last maths exam. I got 96%, which isn't that good in Maths. I was hoping for maybe 98% :(

9. TheAntiSnipe

I cannot say, we don't exactly have percentages xP. Also, finding stats at base can be tough. I think someone did it before tho. Anyway. This thread isn't for that. It's so I can help people run mathematical simulations for builds and stuff, with me helping as an "experienced veteran;)"

10. CoolDownHSNA

Student
    Yeah ok I guess. Have u got any idea how I can find the thread mate??

11. TheAntiSnipe

I haven't the faintest. Tried to find it yesterday to no avail.... I guess you'll have to ask a dev.

12. CoolDownHSNA

Student
    Oh ok thx!

13. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Look up top 50 in game you will see the meta. Top 50 only use best weapons not weak.

14. CoolDownHSNA

Student
    ok thx, even tho I wasn't looking for the best weapons... I was looking for ship tier info

15. TheAntiSnipe

He wants ship stats, not meta setups xD. Meta is like the easiest question to answer nowadays.

16. CoolDownHSNA

Student
    IKR...

Answer: Speeder (JK)
    Answer (for real): STUPID ENFORCER!

What a match feels like in NM league:

Friends:
    Enforcer
    Enforcer
    Enforcer
    Enforcer
    Speeder (me) :(

Unfriends:
    Enforcer
    Enforcer
    Enforcer
    Enforcer
    Enforcer

[​IMG]

17. Shadow Moon!

Shooter:
    1 - 0 - 3RRR 1B - 0
    2 - 10 - 4RRR 2BB - 5
    3 - 16 - 5RRR 2BB - 10
    4 - 21 - 6RRRR 3BB - 15
    5 - 30 - 7RRRRR 3BB - 20
    6 - 40 - 8RRRRR 4BBB - 25
    7 - 48 - 8RRRRR 4BBB - 30

Speeder:
    1 - 0 - 2RR 2Y 1B - 0
    2 - 10 - 2RR 3YY 1B - 0
    3 - 16 - 2RR 3YY 2B - 0
    4 - 21 - 3RR 3YY 2BB - 0
    5 - 30 - 3RR 3YYY 3BB - 0
    6 - 40 - 3RR 4YYY 4BBB - 0
    7 - 48 - 3RR 4YYY 4BBB - 0

Enforcer:
    1 - 0 - 3RR 1Y 1B - 0
    2 - 10 - 3RR 2YY 1B - 0
    3 - 16 - 3RR 2YY 2B - 0
    4 - 21 - 3RR 3YY 2BB - 5
    5 - 30 - 3RRR 4YY 2BB - 5
    6 - 40 - 3RRR 5YYY 3BB - 10
    7 - 48 - 3RRR 5YYY 3BB - 15

Defender:
    1 - 5 - 2RR 3BB - 5
    2 - 10 - 3RR 3BBB - 10
    3 - 16 - 3RR 4BBB - 20
    4 - 21 - 4RR 5BBBB - 30
    5 - 30 - 5RRR 5BBBB - 40
    6 - 40 - 5RRR 6BBBBB - 50
    7 - 48 - 5RRR 6BBBBB - 50

Fixer:
    1 - 7 - 1R 1Y 2G 1B - 0
    2 - 10 - 1R 1Y 3GG 1B - 0
    3 - 16 - 2R 1Y 3GG 1B - 0
    4 - 21 - 2R 1Y 3GG 2BB - 0
    5 - 30 - 2R 1Y 4GGG 2BB - 0
    6 - 40 - 3RR 1Y 5GGG 2BB - 0
    7 - 48 - 3RR 1Y 5GGG 2BB - 0

wcc634 and Neptune_Gaming like this.
  18. CoolDownHSNA

Student
    Oh ok thx... but I still got the wrong thing :D :D :D
    I was asking for the stats as well, like speed and turning agility

19. Shadow Moon!

Man that's impossible because everything varies from person to person as those stats depends on talents you have. Everyone has different preferences. You have to decide for yourself what suits you best.

Last edited: 3 May 2018
    CoolDownHSNA and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  20. TheAntiSnipe

I could ask the devs for base stats tho...

@Zeus?