1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 2.9 "Bay Sweet Bay"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 22 Mar 2018.

1. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Did you say same thing when frost was buffed? Face it, adapt or quit. Why the hell are you saying it now then, hypocrisy?

_devill and ViscountSniffit like this.
  2. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/daily-battle-bonus-box-bug.17593/#post-114952

3. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

That would have been much more tolerable and say have it capped out at 50%?

PastelPiku likes this.
  4. Trium

Trium Active Member

Thank you a lot, now it makes sense

PastelPiku and The Otherguy like this.
  5. 3ARSA aka FIXER FTW

3ARSA aka FIXER FTW New Member

Fixers healing won't count anymore towards daily quests and guild quests ;( i just tried it

PastelPiku likes this.
  6. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    disagree , i'm sure dev won't change frost effect just like old days , that's just too OP , that's why frost effect got nerf .

i don't care with other player who good at using this kind of frost combo , it's just like he/she taking advantage of this OP frost effect ( ok , he got some skill too , to get NM league with his enforcer mk5 .

cheers

7. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    haha , chill bro . it's just a game , why so serious ? My point are , if you ( + crybaby frost ) truly have skill , you play with other setup/combo . i know it such when you already have max item of frost , you already invest many sugar , times + perfecting some skill for it , but the truth are this frost effect getting nerf , so jut face , once again . sorry

8. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

In the idea of fairness.

Frost is unusable now.

I don' use it. Never was really yellow. Always blue primarily.

And I think frost is a joke.

This of u arguing about it here have missed the point. Meta.
    Less players use it.

History lesson. 1 year ago frost was balanced.

Then Bunta asked developers to fix a frost bug. Once they fixed it. Frost became extremely op.
    Then players complained. Frost got nerfed to unusable.
    Most here wish developers went to how it was 1 year ago. Before bug fix etc.

Frost worked much more like fire does now. It had a time duration and weakened slightly over time.

The concept of adapting is true for everyone.

But the concept of making 2 items unusable and then seen thru meta show this is an overreach by devs.

Same with Ex cannon.

Recent meta data shows more players play blast now. Should we nerf blast?

Or can me find a usable cool down for ex cannon that' reasonable. As in. Equal to Big Torpedo. 13.3

Developers it is time to rethink these 2 nerfs and balance it out. And It's time meta to boost and buff other underused weapons and ships. Cough. Defender. Cough. Standard Cannon. Cough underused Mortars end game

Jaws

@The Grim Repair @Miika
    @Zeus

9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Just proves you didn't read it. Vinci made NML before frost got "buffed". You do know frost got buffed, then nerfed?

10. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    nope , sorry , my bad . i don't know that frost are got buff then nerf , now i'm curious what's the reason dev buffed frost then nerf it , hha ?

11. TheAntiSnipe

Basically, at first, the talents for slowdown(get this LOL) weren't working correctly. So they "fixed" it. Only now frost became a glue gun. You could frost and stun and torp your target, and no amount of speed could save them. So they "nerfed" it. To the cold hard ground. Like why? It was waaaay too much!

#CK and *JAWS* like this.
  12. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

As previous explained. Frost was working perfectly 1 year ago. But technically it was a bug. Because it didnt hit the 30 percent speed reduction in the talent tree. Think like how fixers complained about repair box 50 percent critical not working.

The player who showed the devs this bug was a high p2w player who ran a frost torp set up.

Then the bug got fixed. And In that moment frost got buffed. To extreme glue gun.

Players everywhere complained about the bug fix that then made it OP.

Instread of undoing the fix. Devs tripled down on red roullete wheel in Monte Carlo.
    And nerfed it way further and harder than any of us asked for.

Similarly. Anyone here remember a community out cry for ex cannons to be nerfed. No? Cuz there wasnt one. Most players last 7 months asked for a sniper nerf.

Didnt get it.

But here we are 2 ex cannon nerfs later. To the point no defender can arm 2 of them and hope to survive. And for speeder. Except for Tpro. All other speeders are primarily now blast cannon.

Overreaching nerfs are a theme here.

Lets roll back the frost nerf to a 2016 stats. And fix ex cannon to 13.3 cool down equal to big torp. And remember from now on. Small nerfs. Not big ones.

And better than a nerf. Is ship buffs. And underused items and weapons buffs.

Buff is the way forward.

Ballance can be acheived without killing items.

13. Shadow Moon!

Dude it's not about game, it's about fairness and your opinion about anything. I have been asking for enforcer buff for 7 months. Enforcer is speeder counter, but I knew it was just way too weak to counter speeder.
    See now enforcers got buff but what devs did they nerfed speeders so indirectly enforcers are buffed, the reason you see 20+ enforcers in top 50.
    There is a 'well known member' here who used to cry out loud by posting meta snapshots that how speeders are op and all is completely ok with enforcer meta, because enforcers don't kill fixers so it's ok for them. It's hypocrisy.

14. Asigossi

Asigossi Member

Then there was no need to say anything at all.

15. Asigossi

Asigossi Member

It's really not that broken. The game has come a long, long way. They're always working on improving then game. Can you agree they have made big strides in balancing this game? If not, you might as well /delete and move on.

16. TheAntiSnipe

Not that broken? Okay, personally I don't mind. My beef is, they still haven't implemented the easiest solution, spreading the talent tree for the sniper cannon. Why not? That way it retains all NML functionality without being OP at mid-early game.

17. Shadow Moon!

Are you mad or what. Don't you see how people are happy that speeders are not effective and they can breath freely now, obviously they are going to suggest players to quit. All are enjoying the over powered ness atm.

18. TheAntiSnipe

It's hilarious how they're enjoying themselves tho. They have NO idea about how quickly speeders can evolve. We've seen new metas rise in DAYS.

_devill, The Otherguy and PastelPiku like this.
  19. Shadow Moon!

Keep your traps shut mate do you wanna get another nerf huh?

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  20. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Rip napalm meta

The Otherguy and TheAntiSnipe like this.