1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Crew upgradation

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Donxization, 4 Jun 2017.

1. Donxization

Donxization New Member

So I had recently trained Brunice to level 7 with cost of about 90k sugar.. But now for level 8 it is asking for 310k sugar.. I really feel that this is a huge jump in cost and could be a mistake.. if not.. I just wanted to verify this

2. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

Level 8 is tier two evo this unlocks much more powerful weapons and I have a tier two flare gun that is crazy powerful.

3. Donxization

Donxization New Member

I know it's a level two evo.. but this is costing more than 3 times.. this didn't happen with Bhurt ( even at level 10 he is asking for 100k and I have level 20 sniper which is great ). It's just very steep rise in cost.. and I don't think I even have that much capacity for sugar even though I m allowed to upgrade Brunice at my present level

4. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

i believe you need to be lvl 21/22 or higher to have enough sugar capacity.
    brunice is one of the last 3 captains, so i think its appropriate the cost is high.

5. Donxization

Donxization New Member

In that case they should mention that Burnice can't be upgraded till that level..
    But I do think you are right.. since Brunice is one of the last crew member.. so maybe it should be okay

6. Donxization

Donxization New Member

Hey again!!!
    So finally I m at level 22 ( long journey huh) and I had enough sugar to upgrade Brunice so I levelled up Brunice to level 8 and now the amount required for levelling up to level 9 is 157,500 SUGAR!!!!

So you see?
    if you wanna upgrade to following level you need respective amount of sugar
    level 7: 90k (approx.)
    level 8: 310k
    level 9: 157.5k

I hope this error gets corrected soon, many gamers are loosing sugar on this upgrade

7. isutalaksana

isutalaksana New Member

I think its not an error. Every level have different sugar needed and the escalation is not gradually.

8. Donxization

Donxization New Member

I agree the escalation may or may not be gradual but it usually increases only. There is just a spike at level 8 and from level 9 it is again very cheap

level 7: 90 000
    level 8: 310 000
    level 9: 157 500

There is no escalation from 8 to 9.. there is STEEP fall in price

9. Cool Penguin

Cool Penguin Member

The new update maybe?
    Edit: ...caused the sudden drop in the amount of sugar needed for crew upgrades.

Last edited: 29 Jun 2017
  10. RESQMI

RESQMI Active Member

It's been like that since soft launch. Back then not all items are released from the start, we need to slowly level up to train crew to unlock certain item for use.
    The sudden spike in sugar required should be due to unlocking some item for use back then. This might not make sense for new player joining after global launch.
    Anyway just have to slowly grind to level up or spend pearls to make up the difference to unlock.