1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 2.9 "Bay Sweet Bay"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 22 Mar 2018.

1. k406k

k406k Active Member

And I'm still waiting for a scrollbar in the inventory...

2. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

YAH NOT COUNTING....to dmg quests...now fixer also gone....lol..
    now i cannot use fixer and defender any more.....
    i should train for other ship....finally again retrain......

3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

This has been asked for so many times, and nothing happens.

My personal theory, is that someone at Rovio is really chuffed with thier UI design, that ‘doesn’t need a scroll bar’, (kind of like how Apple reckons you don’t need a 2nd mouse button), and they don’t want to deface it.

I totally understand that, it is a beautiful piece of design, very elegant, you just swipe vertically to scroll, and horizontally to grab. It really is a genius solution, which ‘should’ totally negate the need for a scroll bar...

Unfortunately, it doesn’t work. Despite the great design, the hardware just isn’t precise enough. So you’re constantly grabbing when you’re trying to scroll.

I think they need to face reality, and concede that it’s just never going to work as intended.

It needs a scroll bar.

4. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Someone stole my words lmao

PastelPiku and SlayerofSergeants like this.
  5. Claudius Maximus

Claudius Maximus Active Member

Thank you for the update

Speaking as a fixer:
    I think the removal of healing from contributing to damage quests is a poor choice. In the absence of further healing specific quests (specific heal with bolt/box/pulse), there is little for fixers to do to assist their guilds in rivalries.
    It would in my opinion have been fairer to allow damage to contribute to healing quests to level the playing field, or as an alternative, reduce the contribution % (i.e. healing does half damage or similar)

In relation to the repair bolt, as a bolt user, I am very surprised at the decision to allow it to remove stun and heal simultaneously...
    I would have expected first bolt to remove stun only and then require to use other healing items to then apply health to the target.

6. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

Tap it. Dont hold it. I put mine on the other side above my joystick. Works great. Rember tap not hold like before :)

7. Super Speeder 0

Super Speeder 0 Member

how do you diterm the gear score mathimaticaly?;);)

8. RapidTurtle

RapidTurtle New Member

9. maarna_buri_baat

maarna_buri_baat New Member

then the fixer are kind of useless for tge quests now.. they can't do ship shinker dmg dealer or any other.. they were already getting less bonuses..

Fish, PastelPiku and Boeggla like this.
  10. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Pardon?
    kills.jpg

11. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Wow an ally...

12. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Fixers are op now no stacks. Try killing a fixer with legendary pulse, box, tape with rare ones.

13. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

Op and useless for quests are two completely separate topics. Doesn’t matter how op you think they are, if you can’t use them in guild quests (and I think most of us like to participate), then there is little use for them when your guild is trying to complete quests.

Even the idea that they can be used as fleet partners isn’t that solid since the same teammate could fleet with someone using any other ship and they would both get double points for the quests. Even if they lose a few more battles (because even with a fixer you don’t win every battle) the total points is still better with two non-fixers.

I agree with many other posters that this change was unfair to primary fixer players. If fixers were too successful then tone them down a bit - don’t eliminate the contribution all together (you nerf items instead of taking them out of the game entirely when stats show a problem - why change the strategy here?).

Oh - and please give fixers more stars. I care less about the stars than I do about the xp which is tied to stars (and gold/sugar if they are also linked to stars)

14. maarna_buri_baat

yea.. that's what i was saying.. nd if fixers will start hitting onlym who will heal.. he can't concentrate on both..

15. maarna_buri_baat

sometimes i too kill 3 ships with my napalm.. that doesn't min i can go for ship shinker.. well.. mk6 is better..

16. Asigossi

Asigossi Member

Why don't you save your sniper canons instead of scrapping them? If you can't beat them, join them. ;)

TTrain likes this.
  17. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I’m saving up mine. Takes a long time though to train up alternate weapons.
    346DE20C-9D08-4B70-AF35-E87B92491A0D.jpeg

But that’s also beside the point... “If you can’t beat em join em” is reasonably good advice for players.

For devs however, better advice would be: “fix the stupid broken stuff in your game”.

18. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Now the only toggle option I'm waiting for is one for auto lock (the thing that snaps your cursor to a target even when the target lock icon is grey). I want that full manual control!

HAPPY SITHSHA and Fish like this.
  19. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

That's a weapon issue though, not a ship issue.

Overall I find that when you're out of quests that apply directly to your ship/items, Fixers are better off to try to help with the ship-specific win quests since you still contribute "one win" regardless of how much or how little damage you do.

PastelPiku likes this.
  20. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

The bug of overstacking has been fixed. When our healing can be reduced by a grand total of in excess of 75% you know it's an unacceptable problem. Be grateful that Rovio haven't started to include anything to limit your damage output, now that I would love to see.

Reorge and PastelPiku like this.