1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Server Update 01.06.17] Changes to draws and leagues

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 1 Jun 2017.

1. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Ah, so basically, even if you peak over (my example 2) into a new league - 1601, you still start the season with your actual finishing infamy - my example 1490 - so yeah. If you then dont make it to 1600+ again, your out.

I get it. Is a buff to people staying in higher leagues, but i see why you have done it
    Ta

Killertee likes this.
  2. SleazyP.Martini

SleazyP.Martini New Member

on changing the draw mechanic...
    I feel that a team needs to beat the other team in order to win. Not partially beat them, but completely beat them. Leaving one member alive means they did not beat the team completely.

take for example:
    1 vs 1 at the end of the clock. This is a tie under old and new rules. This makes cents.

1 vs 2 or more. Well, two players can split up and take different sides of the map. If they stick together and try to chase down a speeder and don't get him in time, then it's their own fault. They could easily split up and corner him. Once one player has eyes on the lone player, he can message thus indicating you have eyes on him and come to my side of the map. It's not like they are helpless. They just need to work together.

I think if the clock ends, then the game ends in a draw. Clock management should be a factor in battles. Perhaps they should do a 2 minute overtime period where map shows all players on the map, and no healing is allowed. Perhaps give the team with most players left a win, and the less members a not win. Not a loss, but a not win. Because the clock running out is not automatically one player left on a team running and hiding. I've been in many battles where several members were left on both sides and a full battle was ongoing.

But to be honest, I am a speeder and I often find myself chasing a draw!

Lilbeast227 and CrizR like this.
  3. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    Would cause huge infamy inflation

Miathan likes this.
  4. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

So this means you will go to that league your record says, not that current one at the end of the season? And then the next season record says the one after that, right?
    So basicly if my record is 3200 and I get droped to 2800 I still stay in ace 1 on next season, correct? And then if I'm not able to pull myself back up over 3000 infamy, I'll get demoted?

(Yes, I really want this to be twisted with iron wire :D)
    Cheers :cool:

Last edited: 2 Jun 2017
  5. kurdisch :)

kurdisch :) New Member

Savage lol

6. ThirstySeal

ThirstySeal Member

Devs: a loss with a survival (formerly a draw) needs to have the description changed. It currently still says "DEFEAT by total destruction." Not anything that affects play but still.

Also, there should still be some small incentive to escape/survive if you're essentially beaten - maybe a couple points less infamy loss for your team?

7. ThreeFloyd

ThreeFloyd Member

You are incorrect. See below upload_2017-6-2_10-49-55.png

8. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

"incorrect" is quite strong term to use as I said I believe it is that way :p

Sorry for the mistake but anyway, those "farmers" aren't getting as much as by farming than what they would without droping down on infamy. They will eventually note that but what you guys should do is to get better items and strategies to beat them instead of complaining as those farmers are not going to disappear ever.

So only thing to do is play more, beat them, earn more gold and upgrade your weapons or get new ones. Simple, right?

Last edited: 2 Jun 2017
    War-la and SAME DIFF3R3NC3 like this.
  9. RangerCA

RangerCA Member

Patch note said...

"Draws
    • If the time runs out with both teams having at least one ship alive, the team with more ships alive will be victorious. If the number is equal, a draw will still occur. This change will come into effect today."
    *Laments over my now guaranteed losses as a Fixer if my teammates ignore my presence and instead run towards what could only be considered a self-imposed execution*

10. sumofeel

sumofeel New Member

I like the league changes, I don't like the draw changes. Talk about fixing something that wasn't broken. I liked that there was only two ways to win. Personally I think if you can't capture or kill your opponent before the time runs out you don't deserve the infamy.

11. sumofeel

sumofeel New Member

Or here's an idea it could be a draw and nobody would get the infamy points since nobody won because the only way you can win is capture or destroying ALL of your enemy's ships.

12. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Can we say the draw discussion is at the point of a draw??? To continue to beat at this draw horse though, I just don't like the idea of getting an equivalent reward for a partial victory. You left some boats up; so you honestly don't deserve the same amount of infamy. You should get half or less. But a full 24....no way.

ThirstySeal and Whistler like this.
  13. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Do we know matchmaking works like this? I don't know myself. I am not altogether sure I would be upset if people can figure out ways to gain greater infamy by fleeting together more, even if it is gaming the system a bit. It requires a lot of effort and teamwork.

14. James kilker

James kilker New Member

I have been affected by the bug that makes my weapon buttons useless. I spent money on this game. iPhone 6 Plus 10.3.2. I would like a refund.

15. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Report in the bug and support forum.

As for refunds, it is always best to contact apple or google for that based on my experience.

16. Gallo_Rex

Gallo_Rex Member

Lol. I love how the people using the "if I run away and the other team doesn't kill all of us completely, they didn't win" argument don't recognize the hypocrisy of their point... as, at the end of the game, they are running and trying not to kill the other team. The change is intended to encourage kills. We all get matched in no-win situations. If you're down 5 to 1 you deserve a loss. If you're down 2 to 1 and you run, you deserve a loss. I like the war analogy. If two sides of 50,000 men fight, and one side crushes the other but 10,000 men retreat and get away... would you consider that a draw? I sure as heck wouldn't. It's "Battle Bay," not "Run Away Bay." Cue the Benny Hill music....

17. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    I know I did not make that argument. Someone else probably? I just said the reward should not be equivalent. And to continue your analogy, if you let troops get away, they live to fight another day. It is not as complete of a victory.

I have had plenty of battles where both sides are fighting and the time simply runs out with one team having more boats left. The new rule allows for a win. I just think it should not reward the same.

TBH, I do not care that much. My opinion is of little consequence too. ;-)

18. Lilbeast227

Lilbeast227 New Member

should there be a change in reward after battle if something like this happens and should there be an achievement for surviving till the end

19. Steven B

Steven B New Member

It would be great if you could choose or kick players on your team. Kinda gets lop sided, I've been on plenty of teams where I don't know how they got above 100 infamy. Well yeah I do on the coat tails of others.

20. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

new season and my highest infamy in league is not recognized...

Rock'N'Rolla likes this.