1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Play style and builds

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by CheekyDevilGod, 19 Aug 2017.

1. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Wtf this thread still alive...wow

Well, I'll try and make that defender style builds and tips

ÜBERPWNR likes this.
  2. ÜBERPWNR

ÜBERPWNR New Member

Defender builds please. :)

Got mk5 defender with:
    Rare lvl24 Blast Canon,
    Epic lvl11 firebomb,
    Epic lvl11 Napalm launcher,
    Epic lvl20 Turbo,
    Rare lvl12 Turbo,
    Rare lvl24 Bandage,
    Uncommon lvl30 Bandage.

Using it as a crowd control setup, which most of the times is good for a 5k+ damage performance.
    Looking for improvements as I go along the way.

3. CheekyDevilGod

Sorry for the delay

Been busy with stuff

Defender builds and styles:

Standard Defender:

Get turbo, shields, and weapons like fire Bomb, napalm and cannon. Deal crowd control, burn support and poke.

Very simple, very effective, works really well under most scenarios, most recommended.

Speeder Defender:

Turbos, bandages and maybe rudder. Uses weapons like cannons, torpedoes, missile launcher and flare gun. While this is a play style, I would not recommend this as I see nothing special about this style and build. I won't really go on too deep about this as I fail to see it's specialties.

Advantages: A more mobile defender. That. Is. It.

Disadvantages: A very weak Defender.

Tank Defender:

My favorite defender style. Uses all shields, no more than 1 good turbo and maybe 1 bandage. Uses short range low cd weapons like cannons.

Playing this style, is high risk high reward. Positioning is key with this style. You have to stay in front of the team which is hard to do so cause you are slow as hell and at the same time you have to make sure you aren't too far away from them...which considering how your team dmg dealers tend to camp or not follow from a safe distance is equally hard.

You'll end up dying in 59% of the matches you win assuming you tanked right, which isn't that bad considering you helped win. Works best when paired with a good fixer.

Want to be a tank? Just put on those shields, go up front, keep shooting those pesky dmg dealers and draw aggro (This part is important, you DO NOT NEED TO DEAL DMG AT ALL, So don't prioritize weapons, focus fully on shields, Goes for all tanks but meh). Get low cd short range guns, go front and do your best to get into the unfriend's face without straying too far away from team and keep pestering them with low dmg weapons like an annoying fly. Draw aggro and KEEP aggro on yourself while your allies deal dmg.

Important note: If enemies aren't firing, abort mission and try to run away (Sorry but won't work, you slow as fudge, you'll most probably die a lonely death and lose the match cause your teammates idiots).

Support Defender:

Same build as above almost, all shields, 1 turbo max, go front, stay in front.

Only 1 difference, instead of trying to draw and keep aggro, you play support role. Now the support role itself has 2 categories.

CC: Crowd Control, best item for this is napalm, at mk6 or 7, you can equip 2 napalms at the most. Your job is to throw napalms in between the enemy camp and split them up, keep them away from each other. Get them into the open and make them vulnerable so your teammates can kill them.

The second category is burn support, you are basically softening them up and making it easy to kill them by setting them on fire. Fire Bombs and flare gun.

I personally like cc defender more but meh, you play whatever works for you.

You can also play hybrid Support tank:

All shields, 1 turbo, 1 cannon, 1 napalm, 1 fire bomb.

You can deal cc, burn them and annoy them to draw aggro with your low cd annoying cannon too. Very effective.

Long Range Damage dealers:

Another defender style I do not approve off but as a guy who has played defender, I know how hard it is trying to move around, stay in front so I won't complain if you chose to play this style.

Build is same, shields and a turbo. You will be at the back of the team most of the time so you can may switch a shield for a bandage.

Use long range weapons such as long range mortar, railgun, sniper, big torp.

You goal is simple. Hit, hit hard, kill them before they can kill you. Not my fav and not the best way to play defender probably but works well kinda.

Just make sure to keep your distance. The last one is harder to build cause you need to focus on weapons too. Kinda sucks in a 1v1 and any close range combat.

That's all the styles and builds I know, if you know of a style that hasn't been mentioned here, please feel free to contribute.

I'll try to compile everything into 1 big text when I have time. If you are just beginning, at your warrior levels and looking for a ship/style to main and master, do check this thread out and see which one you like.

I'll try to keep it updated with everything and anything new I find. Thanks a lot.

Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  4. CheekyDevilGod

Nice setup, I'll say if you are interested in more cc, build another Napalm and use that to split up camps, for crowd control, consider losing 1 turbo and 1 bandage and using shields instead. I would recommend getting a standard cannon instead of a blast cannon.

OR, if you chose to be burn support, you can get another fire bomb, I will not recommend this as you need to fleet with a player with all burn bonus weapons to make the best use of it.

Honestly however, you can just play a standard support defender with a fire bomb and napalm.

However I strongly recommend you change the blast cannon, I understand you are probably trying to exploit your burns, but blast is low range hard to aim high cd weapon.

It works well on speeders and enforcers but defenders neither have the speed, ship agility or turret agility to position themself right to make the best use of the weapon.

You are a defender and dealing dmg is not what you are best at.

Either go cannon, napalm, napalm, turbo, bandage and all shields.

Or go cannon, firebomb, napalm, turbo, bandage and all shields. This would be my recommendation. Ofc all this is merely my opinion.

5. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

maybe close combat defender? shields+gear lube, and high damage weapons like explosive and blast cannons
    simply-you go as close as possible to make mortars and torpedoes unusable and you keep firing your guns, if you survive long enough you will help your temmates by tanking fire and dealing relatively good damage

important: you need good shields to survive long enough to engage enemies so your teammates can kill them
    it's only my opinion so don't tell me that it's s***, you may edit it if you want

6. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Enforcer with Frost Launcher and mortars. Keep a grenade or something close range in handy for that one guy who refuses to go far, and also for roofed areas

7. CheekyDevilGod

I wouldn't call it poop, just sounds impractical as a defender even with turbo will usually die a long time before actually getting close when it's focused on dealing close range damage and loses a little defense for a gear lube.

Have you actually played this build style or seen anybody pull this off well?.

If you wanted a close range tank, then the style has already been mentioned without the lube and more easier to shoot with weapons like standard cannon and sniper.

Last edited: 19 Mar 2018
  8. CheekyDevilGod

I think we've already covered this, btw, it doesn't work as well. Enforcers are not made for ranged combat and hence suck with this build, they'll be shooter fodder in 3-4 hits.

But hey, if it's a style, it's a style

9. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

tried it without lube wirh mk2 defender, my only problem was low health, I could get close enough to fire but I neede better shield (now have rare big shield but playing speeder/fixer now)

10. CheekyDevilGod

It may not be as effective but it's still a style I guess

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  11. Glace45

Glace45 Member

Is Assassin Speeder still good? My --Mk1-- set for it is :
    Double Blast Cannon with a nitro and a turbo.
    How to be a good assassin? When do you know that you can finish this ship?
    --Thank you if you answer

PastelPiku likes this.
  12. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Double blast is an evergreen assassin setup. I say stick with it till mk5 at least. Equip a good turbo, a nitro and an OB and you're all set!
    At mk5 though, you get a chance to be more... Active in your assassination, with the great healblocking options offered by blast flare stun. You can also dedicate yourself to be an interceptor(a speeder hunter) by running bi nitro.

PastelPiku likes this.
  13. Glace45

Glace45 Member

Isn't assassin with Tesla bolt?
    I think i'm not playing right, like.. Another style that is a little bit of these 3 :
    Assassin
    Go-From-Behind and hits every one
    Shop at ennemies some times

Is it assassin style? Go-from-Behind style? I need help :£

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  14. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Well, idk about that, but in my opinion, to get the most out of up to a mk4 speeder, you should run nitro+OB. At mk5, you may consider stun.

The reason is this. You should learn movement like it's the only thing that matters. I got to 1600 in a mk4 with a RUDDER build. Then went to 2k with bandage lol. Aaaaanyway. About that. Movement is very important, and with stun equipped, you're missing out on a very important future speeder lesson.

At mk5, as I said, stun is as good as most stuff if you play assassin. Keeps your enemies silent and healblocked as well, veeery nice.

That said, I've scrapped mine in favour of a nitro, because the MOBILITY ON THAT BEAST is SCARY! I'm a duellist tho, I'll let the assassin speeders over here answer any queries you might have about the mk5 speeder.

Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  15. Neptune_Gaming

Neptune_Gaming Well-Known Member

Ya nitro is very good

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  16. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

I play the idk what to call it defender
    Mk5
    Lvl 30 rare sniper cannon
    Lvl 30 rare explosive cannon
    Lvl 8 rare cannon (idk why I'm even using this over a level 10 epic sniper cannon, just wanted to try it out)
    Level 40 rare big shield
    Level 20 rare standard shield
    Level 30 rare bandage
    Level 30 rare turbo

I go in front, deal some damage, back up, regenerate health and reload weapons, repeat until 2+ enemies are down or they're low health, then just charge.

17. Glace45

Glace45 Member

Not a bad strategy, and even better if there is/are fixer(s) with you ! You're like an.. Assassin Defender? You go to fight, shoot DAT BURST , run away (To regen HP) then go back.. Until ennemies are 3, then you rush into them and.. Win.

PS: I think i'll convert into Duelist, or between Assassin and duelist, but more duelist... I can't just hide then steal a kill..