1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Blue and Yellow Item Achievements

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by PastelPiku, 13 Mar 2018.

?

What do you think of my proposal?

1. Agree!

35 vote(s)
    97.2%
  2. Disagree!

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I know there's a thread about yellow and blue needing love. I'm making a separate thread because I think I have a solution.

I'll start with the blue items. Because their effects are passive, there aren't many ways to count towards the achievements without incentivizing unreasonable playstyles. My suggestion is that victories with the items equipped count towards the quest.
    20180313_113357.png
    I'm using my own statistics as the basis of this idea since I consider myself an active player with an average of 50 battles per day (I tested this over a month period). This is about half a year of play. Here's what I personally think would work for the achievements.
    • 10 victories - common
    • 50 victories - uncommon
    • 250 victories - rare
    • 1000 victories - epic
    • 3000 victories - legendary
    Because this would take a lot longer than the weapon achievements which some people by now have already completed, there must be a way to compensate players who have been playing all this time already. My best solution to this is to take half of current players' victories and give them those as progress towards all items. This way, the devs do not have to figure out which items we've used per game. For me, this would put me at 1800 progress towards all of the blue items, enough for all the epics (which by now I've already obtained at least 1 of, except rudder) and about halfway towards legendary.

Now, as for yellow items, the solution is a lot more simplistic. These are at least active use items, but their usefulness is more on how often you use them and not necessarily how strong they are. Things like distance covered and time debuffed would be hard to measure without making people change their playstyles. Instead, it should simply count their uses (and these numbers should be rather large).
    • 50 uses - common
    • 250 uses - uncommon
    • 1000 uses - rare
    • 3000 uses - epic
    • 7500 uses - legendary
    Compensation for these may not need to be as necessary as for the blue items as yellow items are often used many times per battle. Simple usage is key for these items since none of them deal damage or heal, which are much easier to measure. Perhaps the ones that fire projectiles should only count if they actually hit their target and the tesla shield counts blocked shots. Another idea would be to do the same thing with yellows as blues.

Of course, the numbers on either of the two ideas could be tweaked by the devs if they would like to balance it differently, but I think this general concept is the best option.

- The Saviours

Last edited: 13 Mar 2018
  2. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    I like how these idea is solely based on activity in the game.
    I don't like how much times i have to press my yellow items.
    I don't like how much games we have to win, it's overkill.
    But i can manage that. :D

Nikkie!, vis1234567899 and PastelPiku like this.
  3. PastelPiku

Security
    Definitely, but I'm sure yellow and blue legendaries are the hardest to come by.
    You sure can, buddy, and so can everyone else with enough gameplay!

vis1234567899 likes this.
  4. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

gnu gnu, boo hoo

PastelPiku likes this.
  5. PastelPiku

Security
    lol guys don't forget to vote!

6. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    This is really good, it allows people to get defense and utility items faster beforehand they get killed by overpowered weapon users.

7. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

Triple nitro here I come

8. PastelPiku

Security
    lol yeah, some people may turn to this option. If this is the case, then making them both the same (like the blues) would be a better option so that using 3 is as good as using 1.

9. Fliberdijibit777

Fliberdijibit777 Member

i can get down on a win / activity based use for it , i also think i feel a lil bit of a speeder fix, re work the speeders debuff stats per tier for turrent and agility
    just slightly a buff to base from current closer to but not quite the same of the previous tier while balancing our with power to a slot or another slot

PastelPiku likes this.
  10. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

@The Grim Repair

The original posters idea is great.

Making it based off amount of battles for blue legendaries and usage for yellow is great.

Plus would be easy coding for developers to give credit on these items for past usage.

Please pass this idea on to other developers in charge of this.

Another reason to be giving towards blue and yellow items...is at current drop rate
    They drop much slower than red legendary peices.

Thanks Grim

11. enotSenO

enotSenO Active Member

Currently, we have mainly leg.-wep. achievement. This might make more players turn to play shooter in the next few months that I believe it is bad for the game.

PastelPiku likes this.
  12. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

3000 victories is like 10000 battles at 30% winning rate which is an eternity (about 9months of gaming) compared to the existing damage/heal based legendaries you can get in less than a month.

13. Fliberdijibit777

Fliberdijibit777 Member

still lets face it if you want a blue or yellow Leg your gona buy dem crates , not fair to most of the player base making the "good ppl " or the so called "pros" with these item either retarted lucky or more likely explination they have a 6 figure job and paid for it , rovio i strongly ADVISE fixing this vv soon XC your quickly following in the foot steps of war robots... pay to win allways!

I'm not against the business side of the game devs gota eat, but there's an excessive side too! guess what its fastly approaching that milestone of wallet or weep

Shadow Moon! and PastelPiku like this.
  14. Fliberdijibit777

Fliberdijibit777 Member

not to mention speeders have basicly been removed from effictivness period until further notice , its weapons work well with all other ships , wana speeder?
    here let me get you one new mk 7 instantly... * puts swift sized coffin in the water and attaches a paper clip for a weapon * "that should scare them right good!"

Shadow Moon! and PastelPiku like this.
  15. PastelPiku

Security
    Firstly, win rate is roughly 50%, not 30%. Look at my statistics. These numbers suggest that an active player can get their legendary blue of choice in half a year. Let's keep in mind how expensive it is to straight up buy a legendary blue item. Also, the weapon/healing achievements are only getting done quickly because those players' strength compensates the time they lost. A beginning player will not get their legendary weapons in under 3 months, I guarantee it. I suggested a compensation method for victories unaccounted for since win rate doesn't improve over time like damage and healing does.

vis1234567899 likes this.
  16. Fliberdijibit777

Fliberdijibit777 Member

lame thing to do on a thread but ^-------

PastelPiku likes this.
  17. PastelPiku

Security
    Lol is this a checkmark or...?

18. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Exactly I know 15 odd good speeders turned shooters because of this achievement thing.

PastelPiku likes this.
  19. Fliberdijibit777

Fliberdijibit777 Member

was an arrow pointing up basicly restating your reply with out saying it

PastelPiku likes this.
  20. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Great idea, I would like to add one thing tho :-

We need a multiplier here
    if defender uses 3 standard shield the amount of win req for gaining should be reduced by 3X. Same for double nitro or double TS enforcer 2X.

This i req pertaining to the current situation where shooter and fixer who can farm items at double/triple speed with using them in multiples(i. E. more than one similar item)