1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Infamy tankers and match making

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by HARPO!, 12 Mar 2018.

Tags:
  1. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Why are you posting this on my thread? Make a new one please.

2. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t think so, there are a crap ton of people who play battle bay. Plus what would you rather have, fairer battles, or mk 6ks with a tier four legendary big torp against a poor mk4 speeder.

3. HectorBarbossa

HectorBarbossa Member

Engineering Data Analyst
    sorry, i will delete it

Neptune_Gaming and HARPO! like this.
  4. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

I guess the bigger problem would be on Nightmare. There are not that much Nightmare players to play just against each other. Last time I read about It there was around 1000... 10 of them tapping the "battle" button at the same time does not happen 24 hours a day :D

HARPO! likes this.
  5. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

WTF happend with matchmaking? I have players that has 1000+ infamy bigger then me! Especialy from NM league.
    Yesturday all players was like me +- 100 max infamy
    Screenshot_2018-03-15-09-25-58.png Screenshot_2018-03-15-09-26-01.png

Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  6. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

That’s why this system is good, cause into will allow people who are at the captain level to stay at the nightmare level so that professional nightmare players always have someone to fight.

*JAWS* likes this.
  7. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

I thought that on less than brand 6 there's nothing to do in a nightmare. What I saw, one shot killing me.

8. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

What’s brand 6?

9. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

Oh... Google Translate help me =)
    I mean mk6 ship

HARPO! likes this.
  10. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Thanks

11. RangerCA

RangerCA Member

I'm not sure how much either system will work in practice. If I, by some miracle, are blessed by the MM Gods and sent up a league... I would stop playing immediately. You can absolutely be carried through if you are a good fixer, even with poor equipment. Then (God forbid) you play as any other class, you'll be hopelessly underpowered.

Pure infamy would be a problem as well. We'll just see farmers everywhere. Of course they'll stand out, but what are we going to do, report them? I wouldn't report farmers (They *are* annoying, however.) on the basis that they are simply trying to ease the pain of yet another horrific progression system in what is actually a fun game.

The real problem with MM is that it's an Elo system which of course isn't designed for anything like what this game is:
    Team based
    Progression based
    Creative freedom within a class system

This is overly complex for matchmaking when contrasted with Chess:
    1v1
    Skill based (absolutely even playing fields; no tiered systems; no chance systems; no variables)
    No creative freedom

The mess on from here is a RANT that mentions some of the things I already stated above:

I just came back from the game after roughly 300 days. My old device didn't have the RAM, so I deleted and forgot about it. Got a new device since then and thought I'd try to get back into it. Back then, I was Mk3 and easily held steady at 1k infamy with many other mk3 players. My battle log still has those matches, and there weren't as many bad match-ups from what I saw skimming through. Granted, that could have been mostly due to the fact that 90% of the players were new as well.

One of the primary issues is that I played as every class a little bit, and therefor my ship equipment is all mediocre. I have very few items evolved even once and I'm mk4 now! If I knew my ship was being taken into account, I would not have upgraded. I got BS killed so many times from a ship not only a mark higher than me, but also with a Tier IV rare loadout. Either equipment has to be a measurement too, or it needs to go back to pure infamy. I plummeted from my 1k rank straight down *so far* that I played in FIRST FLOOD again. That is not a good "welcome back!"

I expected Elo to have settled a bit, and that maybe I'd end up lower or higher, but that loss streak was ridiculous. Now I'm fluctuating wildly anywhere between 400 and 800. I usually get to 800 and lose several matches in a row.

I haven't played enough yet to know what ungodly demon possessed MM since I left, but I do feel that this should be a top priority issue. I was *almost* tempted to write a fairly poor review. To put that into perspective, I *never* post negative reviews. Yes, my returning experience was that bad, and I would not be surprised if a lot of players quit out of frustration over this. I expect to win roughly 1 out of every 2 matches and that clearly is not happening since I am being shot for 900 damage in an mk3 shooter, while only doing *maybe* 300 damage in return.

I'm whining, sorry...

12. RangerCA

RangerCA Member

I forgot to add my counter-proposals:

Ship-base infamy, instead of account based. wouldn't help much, but it would stop unintentional drops due to switching classes.

Simply changing Elo to be based on match performance. Instead of getting a straight 24 Elo, you instead get an amount determined by your relative performance, much like stars. This will stop farmers from being able to deal disgusting damage without rising in rank quickly.

Those are simple ideas, and they have problems too, but I'm not an expert anyway.

*JAWS* and FearsomeChicken2 like this.
  13. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

This will work, trust me

14. Paketin

Paketin New Member

What about elo rating systeme? like league of legends. would be nice i think.

15. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

What is ELO and what’s does AOE in terms of weapon damage mean?

16. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

AoE - Area of Effect mass demage

17. Paketin

Paketin New Member

18. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

19. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I absolutely agree with your ideas. I have also opted for a system like this. And it is true, so many new players leave the game within a few days, because they have to fight mk4 and even mk5 ships with their mk1 ships with 100 to 150 damage weapons.

I have also made a couple of threads about the matchmaking, but so far I have not seen changes yet. If Rovio wants to keep players in the game, then they have to make a fairer matchmaking. Now these players, read their potential customers scare away after seeing they have to fight mk4 ships after the first 5 to 8 battles. And so did my friends, which is sad, because I hoped they would stay and play battles together with me.

RapidTurtle, PallabKumarS and HARPO! like this.
  20. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

I know this adds nothing to this conversation, but isn't now MK level of the ship supposed to be evenly distributed among both of the teams? Or just Rovio can't do the math?

Screenshot_2018-03-19-18-24-00-254_com.rovio.battlebay.png

PS: I won't even bother writing who won the match. ;)

RapidTurtle and HARPO! like this.