1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Infamy tankers and match making

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by HARPO!, 12 Mar 2018.

Tags:
  1. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    There are problems with matchmaking, however no one has made a good post about it. There are also problems with infamy tankers in this game, but no one has made a post about that, until today.

To Balance Matchmaking:
    • Infamy will decide who you are matched with
    • The mark of your ship will decide who you are matched with
    • *Battle level (A New System) if you are level 15 then you won’t fall out of uncommon league/ if your level 25 or higher, then you won’t fall out of master league/ if you are 35 or higher, then you won’t fall out of ace/ if you are captain level 45 or higher, then you won’t fall out of nightmare league
    • You will only go against people in your league
    To Deal with Infamy Tankers
    • The infamy required to get to your league, will be your bottom infamy (0 for common league/500 for uncommon league/1300 for master league/2300 for ace league/4000 for nightmare
    Example, I’m at level 35, so I’ll stay in ace forever, however, my infamy won’t go below 2300. You’ll just stay at 2300 infamy, until you win your next battle.

HARPO!

-The Saviours

@The Grim Repair @Zeus @KilledWhale @Bennunator

Last edited: 13 Mar 2018
  2. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I want you guys’ full opinion on this thread, I fully believe that this is a good way for matchmaking to be fairer, and for infamy tankers to be dealt with in a safe way.

*JAWS* likes this.
  3. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

A question here. What happens to a mk6 at 1000 infamy with captain level 40? Or a mk5 with 800 infamy and captain level 35?

The problem I see is that not all players are tankers. Some are noobs who spent money to get high level ships and gear but they are still not ready for higher leagues. They will be stuck wherever they are and as there is no option to downgrade ships they will have to climb the infamy ladder the grind way or just quit out of frustration.

4. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

You are introducing some kind of floor to mm, which will solve the tanking problems, but will pull down win rates of the genuine high mk noobs. Sry to say that the devs want everyone to have 50% win rate according to ELO system, regardless of the horrible new player experience.

Ian likes this.
  5. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

So let’s jist say there’s is someone at 1000 infamy and a level 40. He’ll be placed in the uncommon league with other people of his ship tier and infamy. He just won’t drop down to common league, and he won’t go against other mk 1 and 2 players. He’ll go against mk5 and mk6’s of his league, Captain level, and infamy. He won’t affect anyone’s gameplay. And he’ll also be in the uncommon league if he’s at 1000 infamy, so he won’t affect other people’s gameplay, but he’ll still get ace league rewards because he has spent the time playing the game. Does this make sense? Or do you want me to clarify and/or expand?

RapidTurtle and PallabKumarS like this.
  6. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    I mean I guess but then upgrading a ship wouldn't really help a person rise in infamy unless I'm misunderstanding?

7. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Well, it would. You’ll still loose infamy, you just won’t drop down from a league. And if there are other people in your league who are dropping just the same, you’ll be in matches with them.

However, if someone isn’t upgrading a ship, or trying to progress in this game, then why should we care about how they feel about this system. This is a systemI think should be put into place for very experienced players, or people who are grinding hard to rise in infamy.

_devill likes this.
  8. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

Agreed. I guess a lot of players do hold their infamy as their weapons/skill isn't good enough for higher infamy or so they say. I don't understand the basis of such logic where a player has not pushed the limits and keeps saying "I'm not good enough".

Off-topic. Btw got a mk6 speeder today. Just waiting for this day to be over and it feels like it's taking too long. :D

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  9. HairySpeeder

HairySpeeder Member

I would really a enjoy a battle bay where beginners actually have a chance of getting into the game. Just read app reviews in play store. Everyone is hating the matchmaking. Because it is absolutely trash atm. You cant start as a beginner, youre playing against mk4 mk5 from the first game on and are of course not able to have a fun time. Everybody having 4times your hp and 8 times the damage you put out. Just nothing to do with fairness, something has to be done, just make it super easy to get to 2k(item-wise) and then players could be able to play this game again. I myself know that i will be in 2k and everythings gonna be fine there, but until i made it their its a lot of harsh stupid unfair gameplay until i finally made it to mk4 and some items.

10. Hazimi

Hazimi Active Member

Hi, by uncommon and common league do you mean Challenger and warrior league?.

In my opinion, captain level cannot be a reference to the mm system because player level will always increase as long as you play and train your crew not like infamy that can go up and down depending on your win/lose matches.

As for infamy tanking, is it possible to make those who purposely keep low infamy by demoting them to lower league and have lower league reward?. And to identify those infamy tanker is by comparing their average damage they deal to the damage they deal when purposely lose a match. I suppose their damage will be much lower than their average damage since they purposely throwing a match. This is just a raw idea of mine. It still need a lot to consider.

11. HairySpeeder

HairySpeeder Member

well it should be, have u played below 1.5k the last few weeks? feels very good down there.

especially on a complete new account

12. Hazimi

Hazimi Active Member

No, i've been in 2300+ infamy since 2 - 3 weeks ago and now im in ace 1 league but since then my infamy keep dropping slowly

13. a_creeper_won

a_creeper_won Well-Known Member

Basement dweller
    Seems like a good alternatie to the current matchmaking system to me

*JAWS*, Ultrah and HARPO! like this.
  14. HairySpeeder

HairySpeeder Member

That's the point, changing the mm system to a system that includes captain levels would help fix the beginning mm of the game

*JAWS* and HARPO! like this.
  15. Hazimi

Hazimi Active Member

I see the point now, but what about player who are just bad at playing?, level will always go up and those player will slowly be force to play against stronger player gradually.

16. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Yes I do mean challenger and warrior, I just forgot the names.

17. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

This is what reporting is for, but that is why there’ll be an infamy floor, so that they don’t affect beginners.

18. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

This new system will be the system that fixes battle bay, it is completely fail proof. It keeps people who are bad from ruining other people’s matches. It will also allow beginners to have a better chance of riding in infamy.

*JAWS* and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  19. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

All we need to do to fix matchmaking is go back to the system which was purely based on infamy. Before they introduced this hybrid infamy/ship level mm system, we didn’t have as big a problem with ships being in low infamy levels, we didn’t have the problem of people being scared to upgrade their boats. The only high mark ships at low levels would be the seal clubbers and they would stand out like a sore thumb. Those genuine high mark players caught by the infamy trap, would be able to raise their infamy quicker and get out of low infamy ranges.
    Several things done to help improve the mm system, have actually backfired and made things worse. Going back to how it was is the simplest and easiest answer.

20. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

I liked it! The only new problem (that could be a huge problem, but I don't have enough data to know it for sure) would be that the battles would certainly take too much longer to start.