1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Server Update 01.06.17] Changes to draws and leagues

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 1 Jun 2017.

1. ThreeFloyd

ThreeFloyd Member

If that's the case then it will deter those droppers a bit. I'd like to hear a confirm on that though.

2. Mumba

Mumba New Member

I think this is one solution, but not the best. Not sure if there is a perfect one aniway, there is always a hack around everying. That said, one thing I think could be very usefull, is to show the position of every players in the last 1min. This would also mean no hiding that make the game boring! Its the last minute, the main aim is to kill everyone, isnt it?

3. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

That would take away speeder's bandage healing as it can be really useful against a shooter that doesn't get extra hp from bandage. So there for this is actually better solution than the one you suggested (I'm sorry to put you down). Otherwise this would be good idea.

4. Mumba

Mumba New Member

but this is related to item choice, I don't think this is related to the generality of how the matches end.

5. TheRedSpeeder

It can have huge different if that speeder cant get his/her 100-160 hp bonus on top leagues every 5 sec so if there's a possibility to enemy find him before recovering, it will end differently. Speeders can take down a shooter or two but they seriously need some hp for that. So yes, it will effect to the outcome, believe me or not

6. Mumba

Mumba New Member

Of course it will, and many items could/do change the outcomes of the matches too obviously, its not my point. Speeder will have to go out of sight to shoot too aniway. I'm only talking about a last minute solution so people would not just go and hide somewhere making everyone looking for them as if they were waldo.

7. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

How is it fair to let the other team win!? Using your logic, your role as a any of the other boats is to destroy your opponents. If I, as a fixer, am able to outrun/manoeuvre you for the remainder of the match then YOU have been outplayed and MY TEAM deserves to win. See my point?

I agree draws need some reworking, and I like the idea of an increased capture point timer, but handing the other team a win because they couldn't kill the opposition is just lazy.

CrizR likes this.
  8. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Well, that logic applies to both side. Neither side could kill all enemies. You could in that regard side say both sides were outplayed if you insist. That doesn't take away that the team that got closest to the goal did a better job.

Mumba likes this.
  9. CrizR

CrizR Member

So, in your opinion , in a soccer match that ended in a draw , the team that outplayed the other by possession , shots on target etc. should win the game. I see a big flaw in your logic there. As it doesn't take away the fact that they should not win as they didn't by any means.

Last edited: 1 Jun 2017
    SAME DIFF3R3NC3 likes this.
  10. TheRedSpeeder

I find this "giving victory" reasonable and it is good thing since usually it is almost game over but slow shooters can't catch running speeder/enfo/fixer BUT I still do find whole 24 infamy gain or lose unfair as it isn't ended by total destruction or capture. I have seen games ending from 1-4 situation to 5-4 in last 1 min or even in last few seconds so this isn't probably the best at the moment. Therefore I would suggest that it would only be half of that 24 (24/2=12, in case someone's math isn't so great). That way it would be more equal for both teams.

May you devs @Miika @Zeus @Pinecone @Bennunator think about this kind of solution, please?
    Cheers :cool:

Kitterini, SAME DIFF3R3NC3 and CrizR like this.
  11. TheRedSpeeder

It is a bit wrong comparing this to football game tbh. I would more likely compare this to war itself and on war, the side with bigger loses (in this case ships) is defeated usually. But then again, it's not always like that so therefore as I said in last comment cutting infamy loss and gain to half could be solution to make this a bit more fair.

Totoro and Mr squiqqle like this.
  12. CrizR

CrizR Member

Yes, I agree with you here, but it doesn't seem that Rovio will implement the half-infamy gain/loss imo. On the other hand if the game had this rule from the beginning, then probably we wouldn't mind anyway as there is a scoreboard that shows [Friends # of kills] - [Unfriends # of kills] and it's perfectly fine to say that the team having higher score should win. But the Draw mechanism until this patch gave you a chance to try and settle for a draw when you realise you can't win against your opponents (Fixers and speeders would all day grab that opportunity in these situations). That brought another path of decision making and stratrgy inside a battle. From now on every battle , you must kill.

As a fixer main, I just "feelsbadman". :(

13. TheRedSpeeder

I know what you mean as I'm playing speeder and yes, I sometimes have to relay to securing draw but not anymore. I think it should be that half of just because that way the"winning team" wont leave without anything but the "losing team" will still be able to cover infamy somehow. Anyway, it's up to devs

Cheers :cool:

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 likes this.
  14. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

We could run in circles debating this until we're all blue in the face, lol. We've all been on both sides of a draw, and I've won/lost the "draw" multiple times. It definitely needs some tweaking.
    I think you're on the right track with the infamy, but I was thinking more like; if you're destroyed -24 (regardless of side), survive on the "losing" side +1, survive on the "winning" side +24. I feel like you should be rewarded with something for surviving the odds.
    As a fixer myself, under these new changes, what incentive do I have to force a draw? The answer; none, it seems. I might as well go afk and just end it now.

Sad direction for such a fun game.

15. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

@Zeus .. with the highest infamy.. does this mean you will never be able to drop out of nightmare? Because at start of season a nightmare player is reset to 4k right? So your lowest possible top infamy would be 4k... So never dropping out of nightmare. Is this correct?

monobrow likes this.
  16. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

@Zeus than what infamy range will be ace 1,2 and 3 as 3500-3999 infamy isn't nightmare anymore...

17. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

This is a really important point

@Miika / Admins can you explain please.

Example (assume new system)

Scenario 1
    Im master 2, i finished last season at 1700 - so i assume i start new season in m2 at 1700 (assuming lower leagues still dont reset)
    In this scenario, if i peak at 1910, drop to 1500 and finish at 1690, where do i start next season?
    I assume master 1

Scenario 2
    Im master 2, finished last / start new season at 1601, then drop to 1300 and stay there. I finish the season at 1490
    Where do i start?

Thanks

Mr squiqqle likes this.
  18. RAJOAN REDOY

RAJOAN REDOY Active Member

I REALLY LOVE TO KNOW.THIS SPECIALLY THE LAST PART

19. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    Yep, we know! Will be in the next client update most likely :)

Miathan and CostalMosasaurus like this.
  20. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    You are able to drop out over the course of 2 seasons, as if you do drop your real infamy below 4k, you won't be reset to 4k when the next season starts and if you don't manage to climb over in that season, you'd get demoted next. If clarification is needed let me know :)

Mr squiqqle likes this.