1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Server Update 01.06.17] Changes to draws and leagues

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 1 Jun 2017.

1. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

Exactly! With this change I see no incentive to evade. As soon as my last teammate is killed, I might as well just stop trying. I know it's a loss already.

I've successfully evaded capture for over 2.5 minutes before to eek out a +1. Not by luck, but by some quick thinking and moving. No way would I waste that time now, knowing I'll still lose

Honestly, I think the simplest fix for draws would be to either give both sides no infamy, or both teams get +1 (kinda like hockey; tied after 3 periods, both teams earn a point). Why should one team win if they didn't do their job of destroying ALL of their opponents?

Just saying.

2. Razerx100

Razerx100 Member

Yesterday we had 3 ships left and enemy had a Speeder when timer ran out. And guess what, my team lost 1 infamy -_-
    So I'm Glade to see new changes to draw

3. Méndigo

Méndigo Member

good evening. First of all thanks for the changes
    But I have two questions
    1.- Do these changes only affect the Nightmare League or the Master League as well?
    2.- What happens if two friends-rivals do not attack and want to reach the end of time?

4. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

So much noise about draws, so....

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the the changes to the "highest infamy during season is your start point".

League Sunday will be a Funday again :)

Miathan likes this.
  5. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

the draw looks like a nerf to fixers and speeders.

question about the league changes. when i barely reach, lets say ace 2, but then i start losing and never again reach the same point, do i stay in ace 2 league every season from that point, or only the current season in which i scored the highest infamy?

Mr squiqqle and CrizR like this.
  6. CrizR

CrizR Member

I can't agree with your negative mentality of accepting loss without trying. 1v2 or 1v3 juking is a massively appreciated skill around every other MOBAs. This update purely discourages it (especially for fixers and speeders who can do this but others can't).

But Let's see how things work out after this update and maybe I'll like the changes later and adopt to it. :)

7. LittleBoyRO

LittleBoyRO New Member

Do something with teams... 80% of the time I'm the only one who deals more than 3k dmg. The rest of my team are useless, under 1000 dmg. I know mk3 with just 200 infamy points... Me from 1600 to 1200... Are you kidding me?

8. Cyberfisch

Cyberfisch Active Member

@Zeus @Miika
    You must also change the text in the Messages...
    It isn't a defeat by totally destroying!
    Screenshot_20170601-200035.png

Amur likes this.
  9. dikshift

dikshift Active Member

Does the league change include this season? My highest this season is 1.9k, but I'm only at 1.8k right now, so will I still get to league 1 of master?

10. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

Didn't you read it till end? There is clearly said that it is effective on next season, not this current one

11. Shinks

Shinks New Member

Hi Zeus, I would like to ask help about the following problem. With the new changes, the top players will lose infame points for to farm sugar and gold in the lowest league. Is there a way to assign infame points according to the league?
    For example: If I'm in the master league, my minimal points I can lose will be stuck in 1600 until the next league, when my points will can down again.

Something like that

Last edited: 1 Jun 2017
    SAME DIFF3R3NC3 likes this.
  12. ThreeFloyd

ThreeFloyd Member

Not that I would do this... but if you get to stay placed in the league at which you peaked during the season and also get the rewards then it will make farming gold by dropping infamy a whole lot more appealing. You get the best of both worlds... reap the rewards of the high league and then you can farm the lesser folks in the lower leagues.

13. TheRedSpeeder

Sure it sounds easier but in reality not any top player will drop by purpose, seriously. They need to push all the time because season reward is usually way more rewarding than gold or sugar by "farming". Besides farming gold in lower leagues isn't really worth it because the time you use to drop infamy is away from played matches (which usually give them 20k-50k gold if being victorious). If you lose on purpose, you get 0-5k per match and really isn't worth it since you could play full time and it will compensate easily as a drop and then going back up. If someone really is doing this, they should learn some math and calculate, do they really get any benefits on droping down.
    Not gonna happen that top players from ace 2 - nightmare leagues would drop down. Your "top players" arent so top if they drop by purpose which makes me think that they are probably just hitting their head to wall when not getting up on infamy and therefore playing with you.

Helius Maximus and JJf like this.
  14. ThreeFloyd

ThreeFloyd Member

The top folks are a VERY SMALL percentage of the player base though. I'm talking about the MAJORITY of the people that play the game. This already happens... and I think this new change is going to increase the probability of it happening exponentially.

15. TheRedSpeeder

Sure but they will end up losing their league if they can't push themselves back to league infamy (I think) as it would be ridiculous if they still end up being in that league their record tells. If that would be the thing, no one could drop back on leagues anymore and that would ruin the system. It won't increase "farming" (stupid move, I say) that much when people learn how this works and they end up droping their infamy way too much as well as leagues

16. ThreeFloyd

ThreeFloyd Member

For example: Season begins. I get 1 win to insure that I stay in the league I want.... then drop down infamy substantial enough to easily obtain wins with little effort or more. Then I don't just have 14 days to climb back up... I have 28 days. lol That's tons of time to get back to where I started.

17. dikshift

dikshift Active Member

No but what does "effective next season" mean? That this whole system gets put in place next season, or we see the effects next season?

18. TheRedSpeeder

Not this one as I said. It comes online for next season so this season is normal and it's result places you normally to next league as it has been until this update. The update effects to next season's ending
    Did you get it now? :)

dikshift likes this.
  19. TheRedSpeeder

No, you still get droped down if you are under your current league limits. You only get reward according your succeeding during that league in that season I believe. So if you are under the line at Sunday season ending, you will drop (not confirmed but this would be really stupid otherwise)

20. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

@Zeus will the end of season nightmare league infamy reset also be increased from 3500 to 4000?

Last edited: 1 Jun 2017