1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Tesla bolt target priority

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Mervin, 10 Mar 2018.

1. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

Hey guys,

Just got to my mk6 enforcer and rocking a bolt shield combo. Would like to ask experienced players out here when it comes to bolting someone, would you prioritize a fixer or the strongest boat- perhaps some tips when it comes to bolting?
    :p

2. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

The fixer, because he can take out the stun with its Repair Bolt :D

3. Blood Raven

Blood Raven Well-Known Member

Software Developer
    If your low on health or a teammate nearby is, then stun the attacker or strongest boat as in your terms, which can deal damage to you/your teammate.

Rest bolting a fixer is a good option to stop healing the others, even better if you get a flare or other fire stuff on him before stunning. This way it will negate some heal too if say another fixer gets a repair bolt to the first fixer thanks to the new update.
    Secondly, Using fire weapons that deal damage over time before stunning is a good method for any target.

Next in case there is no rush its always better to wait for the stun resistance cooldown to finish (blue sparks will go away) on your target before stunning him again.

The last tip is a bit tricky, because you need to have proper movement and timing of when to release the bolt, as well go close up to enemy. This is when dealing with other enfos/speeders with shields.
    Usually you would waste the tesla to bring down their shield. But if you can manage to get up close to them, then stun them while being inside their shield.
    This not only stuns/immobilizes them, but if your bolt is good (long duration) then it will last longer than enemy's shield and you'll still get some moments with him being inactive after his shield wears off.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  4. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Depends on the situation.
    For ex if it's 1v2 bolt dmg dealer kill fixer if both are at good health if dmg dealer is at low health bolt fixer kill dmg dealer.
    In short just asses the situation non your own and use bolt effectively watch some kenzers videos you will get a good insight on using bolt.
    PS: never ever break stun unless and until the whole situation is in ur favour.

5. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

Wow much appreciated on the elaboration and it definitely solidified my understanding, especially after having played it for a week or so. Loving the bolt shield option as compared to double Tesla shield as I get to play more strategically to cater to my team situationally! ;)

6. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

Gotcha buddy and just what I’ve been doing for the past week in my games ^^V