1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Guide to successfully own a guild?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by TheFixer27, 9 Mar 2018.

1. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    As a new guild leader I'd like some tips and helps from y'all fellow guild leaders to guide me to do stuff such as how to recruit royal players who won't jump guilds, managing a guild,advertising guild, blah blah blah
    Any help is appreciated, thanks

Last edited: 9 Mar 2018
  2. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I'm not really a pro guild leader but if what you want is loyalty, let anyone join. You never know who might be the perfect ally. Even low level players can grow into fine comrades, especially with the help of guild quest rewards.

Also, anyone who complains about not getting first place in rivalry is not a loyal member, they only care about winning and will likely leave your guild for a better one. Unless you are the very best guild in the game, these players have no business in your guild.

In terms of advertising, simply playing a lot can make a difference as other players will see your guild name often. You can also use the forums or join some discord groups to spread the word. Make sure your guild's motives are clear!

Ultrah and a_creeper_won like this.
  3. TheFixer27

A boat
    Thanks for the reply!!:) Anyone else?

4. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

- Be clear about what kind of guild you want and what you expect from members.
    - People come and go, dont let that get to you. Inparticular at low level you should expect alot of turnover.

TheFixer27 and PastelPiku like this.
  5. a_creeper_won

a_creeper_won Well-Known Member

Basement dweller
    The title screen boat area is a prime place to invite-spam;)

TheFixer27 likes this.
  6. TheFixer27

A boat
    Andddddd global chat. .

7. Blood Raven

Blood Raven Well-Known Member

Software Developer
    I can give you a few words of knowhow on how to run and manage a guild, since i've been a guild leader almost entirely throughout my bb career.
    Firstly, i must say things changed a lot and loyalty is something which you can get from devoted members now, but before guild rivalry system came into existence, no one really cared that much about which guild they were in, so stayed.
    As kitterini said, you'll have to know what you want, along with the advantages and disadvantages -
    • A devoted and loyal family -
    Definitely the one that i like the most. But after guild update, things changed vastly as people tend to move to better guilds for their own benefit (why should they not too?) And many shifts were seen in many guilds.
    But still some members always remain by your side, those members are called family, stay through both the good and though times, and such members are hard to find, but a treasure. If you want this type, remember your family might not be always that active, and even if you lose rivalries each and everytime this shouldnt bother you, cause thats the type of guild you want.
    • An active questing team -
    As the name says, focused on quests and with the motive to win rivalries. For this type of guild you'd want active and some p2w players who geniunely help with boosts (remember never ask for boosts, and always appreciate if someone gives).
    This is the type if you want to grow stronger through quest rewards too, but surely everyone must be pretty active, and its not easy to find hyperactive members. Some members may drop a week or two due to life issues, so you'll have to seek out new ones and this leads to the thing called 'booting' members which i dont very much approve of, but if thats the type you want, then you'll go for activeness/contribution first.
    • A fun-seeking party -
    Ones who helps you out with customs and justs plays for fun most of the time. Ones who are tubers too, making vids for youtube. This type of guilds are good for fun, but maybe a bad idea for questing, because spending too much time on customs wont get you progress for quests and win rivalries.

So take your pick and develop your guild. For me, its a mixed way enroute some questing, but basically a family kind of guild. We set a target of minimum 48 quests per week (which isnt hard to obtain) and rest leave it up to the rivalry needs. If we feel members are more free and can do more, we push, realizing our life issues and time we can spend on this game.
    Now, for building your guild rooster, remember the players you want might not always stay and dont let it dishearten you when players leave. As said players come and go, do not let it be a big deal other, going after each player requesting to come back. Also at the same time, do not get high and kick a player because he has low infamy, or low activeness. This will make the player disheartened. Judge well.
    For infamy matters, let your guild grow, even if the player has low level weapons, if he is active, contributing, helpful and friendly, do not let him go.
    As you progress, your team progressess too (its always nice to see fellow members grow, and all of a sudden your family of lowlifes are all big menacing mk6s).
    For activeness matters, consider the player for another week of rivalry. If still inactive, then boot if you want that active kind of guild. The duration of one week may be different for different guilds.
    Rest help your members in their questions, doubts about the games, and discuss, anything bbay related or something between you guys. This creates trust and friendliness between members and you. These are some points on being a leader and deciding what kind of guild you want.

With that i'd like to state the most important point, that is for you to be a good leader, first you have to know how to be a good member.
    Before you say anything to your guildies about anything, may it be activeness, contribution, behaviour etc you must remember that you should be equally that active, contributing, friendly and fair enough in your terms of judgement. You should set an example for them.

I've been the leader of Frostblade (FRBL), which i created quite a long time back, when my cap level was below 20, and since then till now, i havent changed a guild for no matter what reason and have been lucky enough to see a good uprising of my family.
    As they say pictures say more than words, so i'll give you some short glimpses of my guild rooster which has changed over the months -
    IMG_20180309_171605.jpg
    IMG_20180309_171737.jpg
    IMG_20180309_171801.jpg
    IMG_20180309_171842.jpg
    IMG_20180309_171957.jpg
    IMG_20180309_172044.jpg
    IMG_20180309_172146.jpg
    IMG_20180309_172300.jpg
    IMG_20180309_172326.jpg
    There a lot of other screenshots progressive wise of my guild along the way. But as we can upload max 10 pics, i'll jump to what we are now, a fresh picture of our guild today -
    IMG_20180309_172502.jpg
    Hope my examples could enlighten you a bit. Remember to never give up on creating a good guild, and with time and devotion you'll achieve your target.
    Thats all, with hope that you become a good leader of a great guild.

8. TheFixer27

A boat
    Jeez you put alot of time and effort into writing this!!Thank you!!!I won't let you down as a great teacher

Blood Raven and PastelPiku like this.