1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fire And Frost

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by HARPO!, 8 Mar 2018.

?

Do you agree?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    I have a problem

Here it is

I had the impression that since this was a ROVIO game it was gonna be good, and it was!

However, I have recently heard and read (as comments or through posts) that the developers don’t play their own game?! What?! That’s like a chef not tasting his own food before serving it.

So here’s my idea. Since this game has successfully run off a lot of the professional players to the point where there are actually guilds called (retired, I’m done with B.B. Bay, and I hate this game) let’s bring back the old Battle Bay.

Here’s why I think B.B. Bay is corrupt. (THE FORUM). This place has become a reservoir for complainers. I feel like as soon as someone looses they complain about the reason they loose right here on the forum. Instead of figuring out how to combat that problem, they’d rather complain. That’s why things get nerfed.

Buff everything again!

Everything that has been nerfed, buff it.

And from now on, if there is a problem, figure out how to buff something to counter it.

For example, “Speeder’s are too fast!” Increase turret agility.

Also, can you guys seriously look into matchmaking. Make it more fair. And make the battles based off of personal performance.

Last edited: 8 Mar 2018
    PastelPiku and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  2. Cpt. Dong

Cpt. Dong Member

Arent you are the one doing the complaining and whining?

3. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

I don't know where you get your false information, but did you know you can check the devs' profiles in the game. @Miika reached 5k a few times(I think), and has even played with @P0rthos before. All of the devs play the game, and are probably more active than you think.
    And others make rumors that the devs are shooters that don't want to nerf their stuff. Miika again for example, is a flare-explo cannon speeder who has legendary Tesla Bolt. Zeus is an enforcer and many of the yellow item nerfs probably affected him too.

And sometimes a nerf is the better way to go, because take the current sniper for example; insane crit damage for a 1 slot weapon that is easy to hit at any distance. Buffing its counterpart, the blast cannon will only make matters worse, and you obviously cant buff every other weapon either.

TheAntiSnipe and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  4. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    You can actually look at all the devs boats by going to the credits and clicking on their names :) dmg don joined our guild a couple days ago.
    Yeah, I personally feel the new matchmaking that tries to balance mk level is one of the causes of mk5-6 boats at sub 1k infamy. But the community did ask for it after all :/

Neptune_Gaming and HARPO! like this.
  5. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Then explain to me why P0rthos and Bunta and Diet Coke don’t play this game anymore.

Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  6. Cpt. Dong

Cpt. Dong Member

Lmao if you’re so unhappy just quit :)

ThatOnion and Neptune_Gaming like this.
  7. Sh@rp shooter

Sh@rp shooter Active Member

Lol none of them are devs and they dont play anymore because they have been playing the game since day 1 and probably have moved to other games because their work here has been done. Orpheus has left a legacy through his videos for new players to learn. And bunta has achieved what you guyz called end game since he has many t5 legendaries....what else should he play for?

Cpt. Dong likes this.
  8. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Whiney baby. The devs DO play the game, the matchmaking IS fair, and the nerds are for your own good. If you don't like it, problem solve. Although I agree with people complaining about a loss. Instead of going: ' miika! I lost a game for no reason!' Go like this: ' prongs! I lost.'

Neptune_Gaming and Cpt. Dong like this.
  9. SupremeCalamitas

That is, without saying it on the forums. If you HAVE to whine, take it elsewhere.

Neptune_Gaming and Cpt. Dong like this.
  10. SupremeCalamitas

Or just look at memes or some source film maker stuff. Try the 50/50 challenge if you dare

11. Cpt. Dong

Cpt. Dong Member

Exactly. Get off the forums if all you do is whine. It tilts me having to see your salty posts.

12. SupremeCalamitas

If you want to be salty, eat anchovies. Or put that salt to good use and put it on your steak or something

13. Cpt. Dong

Cpt. Dong Member

HAHAHAHA

14. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

He doesn’t play because he said the game is boring and trash. I know they are aren’t devs.

15. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Where am I whining? Quote it. I’m just giving my opinion. I’m not complaining about a certain item being too strong because I die to it, I’m just stating what I have realized has happened to his game. People in the nightmare league still play but not as much anymore. Ysl doesn’t stream like she used to. Grey Storm doesn’t stream as much as he did. Bunta came back, took one look at the game and said, yup nothings changed, still boring. The guy with tier five leggys said it was boring. I’m posting this to show you the chain of events that have happened to this game ever since these huge nerfs came out. I’m friends with one of the creative guys Captain Gilligan and he told me that the game was getting a little lame.

Battle bay had lost its fire, I’m posting this because I want it to be back into the spot of most competitive game again.

Also, if people like P0rthos and Bunta leave, then that discourages other people from playing the game. So in my opinion, listen to the pros. They are the ones who are playing this game nonstop.

Last edited: 8 Mar 2018
    TheAntiSnipe and Neptune_Gaming like this.
  16. Cpt. Dong

Cpt. Dong Member

U edited the beginning from ‘ROVIO SUCKS’ to ‘i have a problem’ after I called u out on your firebomb thread. LOL. edit all you want buddy. “Fire bomb nerf, what a scam. Are you trying to pull one on us or something ROVIO?” Quoted from your fb thread. It’s pretty obvious you are salty and unhappy with rovio and it’s game.

17. Cpt. Dong

Cpt. Dong Member

First u complain about firebomb’s nerf not being sufficient. Now you proceed to say that huge nerfs have ruined the game. How long more are you going to contradict yourself?

18. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I changed it because I didn’t want to sound rude. Plus, yes nerfs are ruining this game. How do you think people with the frost combos got affected when they were nerfed but yet fire weapons weren’t. And the reason why the devs of this game weren’t affected about it, is because they knew about these nerfs before they were implemented into the game. This hurts free to play players like me because I can’t get the money to buy a good flare and cannon combo that other people can get or already have. I built up frost torp because it was awesome, but now it’s pointless!

The firebomb nerf did ruin the game because, honestly it feels like firebomb got a buff. More damage per tick, and you can’t tell if you’re far enough away from the circle. And if you think I’m contracting myself there, I’m not, buff the frost launcher, so it can take away burn affect.

Also when you are playing the game, don’t you notice that when you’re on fire, you tend to be a target. That’s because you take more damage.

And yes other nerfs are ruining this game too.

Explosive cannon nerf was not needed. Instead they could’ve given an hp boost or a ship defense buff.

Repair pulse didn’t need to be nerfed, ships died fast already, look at P0rthos’s old videos.

Speeders didn’t need a frost nerf, frost was a way that yellow ships could really contribute. Now all they have is the Tesla bolt, which is bound to come off by some noob hitting the stunned target. And shield which is more of a personal item, and is now used to push in on enemy teams.

19. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I agree with this segment. Nerfs are almost always harmful to a game's community.

HARPO! likes this.
  20. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Thank you. Someone who understands.

PastelPiku likes this.