1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Server Update 01.06.17] Changes to draws and leagues

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 1 Jun 2017.

1. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    Hello battlers,

We're making a few changes to the nightmare league and the draw functionality, these changes are all server-side so you will not need to download a new version.
    Draws
    • If the time runs out with both teams having at least one ship alive, the team with more ships alive will be victorious. If the number is equal, a draw will still occur. This change will come into effect today.
    League changes
    • Nightmare league will now start at 4000 infamy, effective for the season starting june 19th and onwards.
    • Your final league placement will now use your highest infamy of the season instead of infamy at the time of season end when determining your final position and rewards. This means you do not have to "camp" your infamy anymore but you are free to try to push as high as you can without fear of losing infamy for the end of season rewards. Effective next season

2. Emilia

Emilia Member

The last part is good. Though as someone whonis around 3500 what are you going to be changing that too?

shannu147 and RAJOAN REDOY like this.
  3. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    3500-3999 will be part of Ace 1

Paed1994, El craken and ToddTHY like this.
  4. Captain_Perry

Captain_Perry Active Member

Thank you Zeus (and all the other devs)! The infamy league count change does make my weapon/setup testing more relaxing and enjoyable. :)

5. Ceejay

Ceejay New Member

@Zeus i like the drawing idea... but it has 1 slight drawback... with our top players now fleeting only with one another.. reaching 5k+ infamy (good for them) now in such case with the matchmaking that still has its fare share of terrible matchmaking and the one team absolutely destroying the other with ease... say there was a speeder left who ran... but vs a full team of 5 players it will still be a loss? Even though the enemy team is clearly stronger? Surely there has to be some way to atleast get a draw in some case?

6. Hodges

Hodges Well-Known Member

Exactly. It does take some skill sometimes to have a draw.

7. Perswayable

Perswayable Member

I like the change regarding draws. The team with the most remaining ships should win.

Finger-Bang007 and Miathan like this.
  8. metaky

metaky New Member

I don't know how I feel about the draws. It really decreases the utility of capturing in game a lot, which was an interesting tactic to pull those runners back toward you. It really puts a huge focus on managing health in general, becuase not only do you need to kill more but you need to survive more. I think this is a much bigger change than it seems.

KilleWh4le, HappyEvil and Whistler like this.
  9. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

Interesting point. Conceivably it could now be better for 5 speeder teams to hit one boat on unfriends, and then all 5 of them just run away and stay away for the whole game...

On the other hand, it will be harder for Orpheus to draw every single game because he runs away like a little chicken all the time. :cool:

10. CrizR

CrizR Member

So , suppose you're a fixer and in a battle your team performed badly and now you're the only one surviving while enemy team has 2 survivors (suppose, shooters). The situation is you are lacking firepower than your enemies. So, previously you had the chances of running around the map to avoid getting killed while you could interrupt their capture (if they had gone for that) and eventually result in a draw to somehow save your team from a Loss. Now, that play is gone. Either you have to kill them (which is pretty unlikely but not impossible) or you die and take the Loss.

I think I like every other changes except that to the 'Draw Mechanism' . I liked the previous system where you had a chance.

11. Atticah

Atticah New Member

Ohhhhhhh yeah!!!!!!

Attached Files:

Lilbeast227 and Paed1994 like this.
  12. metaky

metaky New Member

Yep, as a fixer I see myself just suiciding near the end of many games to get the loss over quicker now. Which I guess is just how it goes. It's different. Different might not be worse, but it'll feel worse when it doesn't work in our favor. Then again I probably have more games end with a fixer or speeder on the other team just evading fire than me being the last standing member and running out time, so I think I'll net more wins with this change so I guess my infamy will thank the change.

13. Perswayable

Perswayable Member

Ideally, capturing the capture point will force speeders or others to flock towards the capture point. I think we won't know the repercussions until we play with the system and report our findings

Finger-Bang007 and GhostYasuo like this.
  14. GhostYasuo

GhostYasuo Active Member

I totally agree with this.We need to play with the changes for a while and see how they turn out.The devs can always listen to the community feedback after seeing how the changes affect the game. (Btw played a game with two of your guild members about an hour ago.I dont know if it was you yourself but it was a fixer and defender fleeted together.Was a lot of fun and we won :) )

Last edited: 1 Jun 2017
    Perswayable likes this.
  15. Perswayable

Perswayable Member

A lot of opinions will be drawn from theoretical presumptions. When we gain more of a factual base of knowledge, we will be able to address the efficacy.

For instance. It is possible (drawing theoretical presumptions here) we could end up recommending x%+ increase in capture time within the final 60 seconds. This could make the capture zone an even more vital spot.

The point is the limitless possibilities.

GhostYasuo likes this.
  16. GhostYasuo

GhostYasuo Active Member

Exactly what I mean.Experiencing the changes THEN giving your opinion is always better than just theorycrafting lol.

Perswayable likes this.
  17. Perswayable

Perswayable Member

Theorycrafting can be fun so long as it isn't hyperbolic :D

GhostYasuo likes this.
  18. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

Than ace 1 will became 3000-4000?

19. GhostYasuo

GhostYasuo Active Member

It's definitely fun lol

Perswayable likes this.
  20. Perswayable

Perswayable Member

I believe, technically, it should extend to 3500-3999 (Zeus addressed this above).