1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixers: how to survive

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by SupremeCalamitas, 27 Feb 2018.

1. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    You're a fixer... hum dee dum... all of a sudden a kamikaze speeder comes in and destroys you, barely taking damage. Since you are #1 target as fixer, my advice is to use some repair bolt. and stay in the back. But what if you are attacked? For fixers, I recommend using a standard cannon, due to the fire rate and moderate damage. DO NOT equip items with long reload, or that put you at a disadvantage at close range. As for healing, use repair bolt, but if you aren't afraid of anything, try out a repair box or repair pulse.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  2. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

The best way to fight speeders is to carry a Tesla bolt, flare and ex cannon. Stun then, flare them, ex cannon them, they run away. Run double shields

3. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    fixer , double shield ?

4. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Use duct tapes,done

Agile Vanguard and Jamie7777 like this.
  5. Miku Da Yo 39

10k HP fixers are common at 5k+

6. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    could you give me some pic , thx

7. Miku Da Yo 39

I'll see if I can go back that far in my battle log, but for now you have Diet Coke, Noctis, and think rev gen McArthur can run it, and some others.

#CK likes this.
  8. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

The Standard cannon is probably the weapon I fear the most on my speeder. It's also the weapon that I most loved for killing speeders on my shooter. Honestly though, if the enemy team lets me at their fixer and doesn't see fit to do anything about it then that fixer is almost certainly dead. Usually what stops me is the rest of the fixer's team.

9. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Common is pushing it lol. Noctis runs double shields some of the time, and thats about it. Even then, it would require a serious monetary investment for a double shields Fixers to get anywhere near 10k.

I'm impressed by what Noctis manages with 0 Turbo and double Healing Bolt, but calling it common is crazytalk ;)

Almost every Nightmare fixer (5k+ or not) runs Turbo+Shield (+OB/Nitro) and rely on their teammates to scare a sneaky speeder away. How you position yourself and how you move is crucial.
    Having a Cannon (not standard if we are talking mk6) or Carronade also helps, but 1 hit doesnt make a high HP speeder dissapear.

Miathan, Taevion0, Ian and 1 other person like this.
  10. Kitterini

Could you write your mk and infamy for reference? This might be good advice for some stages of the game, but standard Cannon loses much of its punch in the lategame.

Agreed that Repair Bolt is boss though! Easy to hit and massive instant healing.

11. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I agree with this. As a Fixer, your primary focus should be firing your Repair items, so weapons with short cooldowns can often increase the temptation to use them instead. Cannon is also a close-range weapon, and while fending off an attacking yellow boat is helpful, you really need to be close to teammates who can do that much more effectively. Pick a weapon that compliments the role of the Fixer as a support ship, like the long-ranged Sniper Cannon, a fire-and-forget weapon like Big/Swift Torpedo, or an AOE weapon like Firebomb or Napalm.

GigaBeard and fragglelator like this.
  12. fragglelator

fragglelator Active Member

I treasure my Level40 Rare Ex Cannon on my Fixer ... many a times I have despatched a sneaky speeder with a well-aimed shot as it does 800+ damage and crits at 1500+. I don't usually focus on doing damage and agree that the main focus is to help teammates, but there are times when I have sneaked in some shots to assist and also to finish off unfriends. :)

13. Thinn Bihh

Thinn Bihh Member

Could y'all offer advice for f2p players. Most of us can't just build up two good shields (since becoming fixer I've gotten one rare and one epic). Also, I can't drop turbo because most of us don't have good overboost. And I find a cannon (or short reload weapons) can't save you from a speeder because their flare/cannon takes around 4 seconds while you can only shoot two shots at most. I use a railgun and hit them from a distance and spam HELP, so even if I die at least there's a chance they'll be finished.

14. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Obligatory "Post an inventory and loadout" comment, so we can see what your options are to work with. ;)

The standard blues for Fixer are Shield+Turbo, it's the best combination of "avoid the mortars while having enough HP to tank the ones you can't" - weapons wise, I'm all about the Sniper cannon.

15. Kitterini

As f2p you need to work with what you get. Focus on rares and keep the epics that interest you.

A very basic mk6 setup to work towards would be something like;
    Wep1: Damage on demand (fx Sniper, Blast, Exp Cannon, Carronade).
    Wep2: Map control (Mine, Napalm). Or whatever you prefer (2nd Cannon for more offensive power / Firebomb for more stars / Big T for those random kills).
    ---
    Yellow: Overboost (or Nitro if you prefer).
    Blue: Turbo+Shield. 99% of Fixers runs this for good reasons.
    ---
    Green:
    1-2 Repair Pulse (Meta is trending towards 1).
    1 Repair Bolt (A very defensive build could run two).
    0-1 Duct Tape
    0-1 Repair Box (Id argue that Bolt is flat out better, but if you keep finding Boxes then you work with em).

16. Thinn Bihh

Thinn Bihh Member

As f2p, there's no fixer loadout that can save you against a sneak attack. We're at the mercy of, if our teammates want to help. I can't destroy a Tesla shield. If it's a p2p player I just sit there, there's no point in struggling, I have around 10 seconds to go from full hp to wrecked (mk6 btw). If money makes the game funner, if I see money I make it boring, who wants to shoot a still player ;)

Taevion0 likes this.
  17. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

I enjoy to play my fixer with a rudder instead of a standard shield :D certainly it is not the best option because "Meta doesn't lie" but it makes my gameplay way funnier :D:D:D

18. Kitterini

I really like Rudder also, it just feels more like a 0.5 slot blue item when compared to speed or 2k health.
    Having fun with Rudder speeder though, atleast till I hit a mine and get 1 shot ;)

19. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

I'd love if we had 3 blue slots instead of 2 reds. :D

Mr.FixIt.Nsk likes this.
  20. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    You ain't touchin' my fixer lol my shooter specializes in defending fixers from speeder attacks.

GigaBeard, Dahls and Mr.FixIt.Nsk like this.