1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Enforcers with dual shields (exploit)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Real Baha, 1 Mar 2018.

1. Real Baha

Real Baha Member

Devs
    With every new meta, players look for loop holes in the game. The new loop hole/ exploit is the Enforcer Dual Tesla Shield combo. This creates an unfair advantage against the other team. The Enforcer ship really wasn't designed to be a tank but that's essentially what it has turned into.
    An idea to consider for this Tesla Shield abuse would be to do what you similarly did to the Tesla Bolt feature. If a player chooses to use two shields, after the first shield has run its course you can have it where the second shield is at 50% strength and 50% duration with extended cool downs. That's just one idea to consider.

I enjoy playing Battle Bay but these exploits take all the fun and competition out of the game.

Terry Morgan, w@x, d_p air and 5 others like this.
  2. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

It is NOT an exploit. That is absolutely the wrong term.

It is simply the best current strategy. The "meta". I am against nerfing Enforcers and Tesla Shields just because they are the current meta. I would rather buff the alternatives to make for a more diverse meta.

Nikkie!, YourDomina, Reorge and 33 others like this.
  3. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Didn't know this was a "new" thing. Also didn't know this wan an exploit lol.

4. Riddlerpaji

Riddlerpaji Active Member

Maybe duration nerf will be ok. :p :p

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  5. Real Baha

Real Baha Member

It's actually exploit as defined as a person taking full use out of a designed system- these shields are working as designed. But they ease of the design is "exploiting" and over powered advantage this giving an Enforcer the ability to take down a fully loaded volved Defender. How is that not an exploit?

6. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

In terms of gaming.. an exploit is taking advantage of a bug or flaw in the game to your benefit. The tesla shields are working as intended and using them effectively is not an exploit. That is simply defined as the "meta"... using something to it's full advantage.

I know that the term "exploit" can be defined as "making full use of", but in the gaming world, that is not what it means. In gaming, "exploit" is often synonymous with or related to cheating.

7. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

THIS! I faced an enforcer this morning and I didn't even have enough fire power to take down one shield (THANKS EC NERF #$%! DEVS).
    While trying to wait for shield to drop and squeeze a shot in, he hides behind a wave or a wall. Totally helpless against this garbage.

Last edited: 1 Mar 2018
  8. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I will agree that the Enforcer is currently very strong. But that is simply because the other ships were nerfed heavily. Please let us not continue the Circle of Nerfing by now destroying the Enforcer... which not too long ago needed a drastic buff to become viable.

9. SlayerofSergeants

I used to have a fighting chance against enforcer before EC nerf. Had ability to get 2 shots off and knock off a shield. Now it's simply impossible. I suggest a critical look at the shields rather than the boat.

Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  10. Earel

Earel Active Member

Double ts for enfo it’s a standard build from time when I mind a game it’s almost year. Nothing new doesn’t implemented for enfo or ts during last’s patch. Just speeder relocated to enfo. That’s it. Moreover double ts enfo easier to beat than previous speeder.
    Moreover ts weak... low amount...

11. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

What if they reduced cooldown on EC? Wouldn't that buff have the same effect as nerfing Tesla Shields, without the negative image of yet another nerf?

Crashedup and SlayerofSergeants like this.
  12. SlayerofSergeants

They have no genuine reason for nerfing EC has hard as they did. Therefore they won't reverse the cooldown nerf because that is admitting they $^@! up. The cannon is broken and now Defenders stand 0 chance against twin TS enforcer in 1v1.

13. SlayerofSergeants

I've watched a full 9k health shooter go up against an enforcer down to 1.3k hp. The shooter got embarrassed by this stupid yellow boat darting back and forth behind a rock, always with Tesla shield up.

I think to encourage item diversity they should restrict boats to only 1 of each type of item.

Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  14. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Maybe they could do this to every item: Fire bombs, Torpedos, Mortars, Cannons, et cetera, not only the ones you can not use :D

Neptune_Gaming, LimeOnMars and wtfack like this.
  15. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Assuming that you are indeed the Slayer in my guild :).... I've shared multiple videos of me doing the same thing. Even once took down 2 defenders (one with 2k health, one with 8k health) when I started the engagement with only 1.5k health. However, in an evenly matched 1v1, I think the only ship that should stand a chance against an Enforcer is a Speeder.

I don't think you need to restrict to only one item.. That would hurt defenders who like multiple shields. And fixers who double up on repairing items. And any shooters that double weapons.

I think they need to slightly revert the nerfs to tesla bolt, explosive cannon and frost combo.

16. Rated R

Rated R Member

Just having two tesla shields doesn't make the enforcer meta. You need two good tesla shields that can take at least two hits without breaking. Otherwise, they're gonna get broke and you're gonna be stunned.

Hazimi, LimeOnMars, wtfack and 2 others like this.
  17. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Epic shields should be toned down a bit, Rare shield can be broken with a hit of T5 rare Explosive all damage perks (i own a Epic shield T4 with one dupe away from T5)

wtfack and *JAWS* like this.
  18. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Yes, double bubble enforcers are trouble but i don't see how to nerf them. If devs nerfs health of TS, there are so many speeders using one of it, that would be unfair for them. If devs reduce enforcers yellow slot by 1, they have to give that point as a red or blue slots. Enfos with exp or double big shield would be absurd. So i don't know really what should be done....

Kraptastic likes this.
  19. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

@The Grim Repair
    The dual tesla shield meta has gotten extreme in the bay.

There is no time to take the extra shot. Cool down needs to be raised for tesla shield.

Or stun when shield is broken needs to extend to 5 seconds.

Devs wanted less speeders. They all went to enforcer. Its spam worthy the double bubble.

A 6k enforcer can easily kill a 20k defender.

20. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

No. Stop nerfing just because you can't beat it 1v1. Defender is NOT a 1v1 ship. Enforcers are. Buff defender, buff EC, but leave the Enforcer alone.