1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

what mortar will go best with me?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by PallabKumarS, 24 Feb 2018.

Tags:
  1. PallabKumarS

PallabKumarS Active Member

Student
    I am using mark 4 shooter.....28 level...prepareing for mark 5....I will use canon,b.cannon,railgun..for sure....but cant decide which mortar to use but want to use mortar....I have 20 lvl swift and big torp also....I will use one of these...and the last slot for mortar....so I need help choosing mortar....so which mortar is good at which situation.....with the current tier damage....

Cryix likes this.
  2. Cryix

Cryix Well-Known Member

It depends on the lvl and rarity of ur mortars......but as u got cannon in ur setup which has only 5sec cool down and blast cannon has a fair cool down too......than I would suggest u to use Big Berta to deal massive damage.......still I would advice to take advice from more experienced people as m not so good in making setups :p

Da Carronade King likes this.
  3. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Big Bertha, at tier 3 rare, my one does 1100 damage and maybe in the future I will take it to tier 4 or tier 5

Cryix likes this.
  4. PallabKumarS

Student
    4.4 sec :p

5. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

All mortars are a crap. I have a legendary LRM

But if you are looking for mortar type weapon, firebomb or missiles are the best deal

Disguised likes this.
  6. Spongeboat

Spongeboat Well-Known Member

I suggest ditching the cannon from your setup. When you have 5 weapons at your disposal, short cooldown doesn't matter because you always have some of your weapons ready.
    As for the mortar, I've heard good things about big bertha. Or perhaps you want to consider getting missiles instead. It's the deadliest weapon in my opinion. I do biggest damage with it, even bigger than my explosive cannon.
    It does take some practice to get used to, but once you master it, the damage is insane.

yellow flash likes this.
  7. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

Dont listen to this guy, he is salty that he got a legendary he didnt need, Use Big Bertha for damage, or Long Range Mortar for the Long Range, those are the only two I would use. Missiles is decent but they are so weak without 5 projectiles and without being a high level.

8. Babablacksheep

Mind your own business, i m entitled to my opinion

9. PallabKumarS

Student
    about missile I haven't trained blastian even 1 level.....mortarman with 2 tier...14 level...thanks but I will skip missiles for now....its not possible for me to train blastian cause I have buzzkill,burnice to train

10. Cryix

Cryix Well-Known Member

Great :p

11. vis1234567899

Ur opinion doesnt mean telling him that mortars are crap and that u shouldnt use them. If he wants to use them , encourage him or say that u dont think he should use them.
    Dont use the word 'crap"

12. PallabKumarS

Student
    I guess big bertha,long range or fire bomb.
    ..already got 1 LRM rare....I will buy fire and big rare then.....and the next thing I get from one of these three I will use that.........

13. Babablacksheep

It's firebomb watch the replay, from perspective of pempek. And if you use canon FB will enhance damage..
    https://replay.battlebay.net/LWGSPJMG#HTHQMPDK

14. PallabKumarS

Student
    I saw it...........cool....also how did you link the replay like this that oppended in the game....can u tell me???

15. PallabKumarS

Student
    one thing also......I use big shield...if i get big shield skill then I will have to give up 3 or 4 fire bomb skill....Its kind a problematic for me....I don't know what others do in this kind of situation....but I...only take one....that's why I chose to use mortar instead of expo cannon for area damage....cause I use blast cannon....don't like skill getting cut...thanks a lot for your time and replies......

vis1234567899 likes this.
  16. Jamesnyc

Jamesnyc Active Member

Systems admin
    My rare big berta at t5, does 1722 damage

vis1234567899 likes this.
  17. nzouF

nzouF Member

The best mortar is the Long Range Mortar, its projectile lands pretty fast against all the others, so it's less prone to be dodged.
    You can also use the Ballpark Mortar if you're not an expert in leading your shots yet.

18. Babablacksheep

I use big shield and prefer HP perk over FB damage..once your ship gets good enough at mk6 you can choose otherwise.It still works great.Also you can choose alternate talents.

Mortars can be easily dodged by smart players,and their minimum hit Range is a bit to far.Its not the best option after ACE-1 i can assure you.Berta becomes trash as the turbos become better,Its easy to dodge

Most of shooters switch to missile,Its a shooter favourite weapon.Start saving them! After 5 projectiles in talent it is quite effective.

Disguised likes this.
  19. vis1234567899

How do weak missiles at level 1 epic doing like 500 damage turn into waveblowers 2500 damage dealing one

20. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

I actually agree with @Babablacksheep about mortars being a trash weapon. If you need something that goes over walls, try a firebomb(buffs cannon damage and has pretty decent damage by itself), napalm(great for dividing the enemy team, and helps torp/mine users on your team hide their torps/mines), or missiles(Just a great/powerful weapon). The problem with the big Berta, is that at higher levels, it literally becomes like a 3 second area control item, and is practically only useful on teams of slow shooters/defenders. The big Berta at higher levels is effective frost items because then you can actually hit something, but frost items are dead, so nope.

Babablacksheep likes this.