1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is blast cannon sometimes a better weapon over sniper cannon?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by jn1357, 31 May 2017.

1. jn1357

jn1357 New Member

Blast cannon is highly preferred over sniper cannon in many people's opinions, and I'm wondering why. They almost do the same amount of damage, sniper has way more range, sniper is more accurate because of its fast projectile speed, sniper has a way higher crit chance, and they have the same reload time, so WHY DOES BLAST CANNON EVEN COMPARE WITH SNIPER?!?!?!?!?!?!

JustinBeaver likes this.
  2. mammoth1946

mammoth1946 Active Member

becuase of perks in the late game.

3. Jabynator

Jabynator Member

You can also put the blast Cannon perks of the late game on the sniper Cannon
    I, personally, like the sniper more because of it's range (I hate speeder lmao)
    If i would be a speeder or something that can do short distance fights, I'd prefer blast Cannon too.
    I think that's why it's prefered, it does more damage than the sniper and almost everyone is speeder, so... There you have it

cgr3asy and wallcolmx like this.
  4. BowenQ

BowenQ Member

Well who are those “many people”? What class do they play? If they are all speeders, then of course they like blast canon.

5. Captain_Perry

Captain_Perry Active Member

Well, people mainly like blast cannon because of versatile damage. As we all know, burning increases cannon damage, but however does not affect critical hits (as claimed by developers). Plus, snipers only crit occasionally (maximum crit chance is 45%, but takes long to get there). Therefore, blast cannon gains an edge with higher damage with the popular trend of incinedary items.
    Oh and also, blast cannons are beasts when they crit. :cool:

6. Steve Gerety

Steve Gerety New Member

im lowish level but cannons can fire twice as fast so to compare damage to snipers i x2 my cannons.

Snipers are great long range, but so many battles devolve into cannon range its moot sometimes

7. Perswayable

Perswayable Member

He was comparing blast cannon (not regular cannon) to snipers; both have same reload speed sir.

8. Steve Gerety

Steve Gerety New Member

ah, well then its distance vs damage, and most folks will prefer damage if they like to get into the mix since blast cannons doe 25-30% more damage

9. Captain_Perry

Captain_Perry Active Member

I think that Shooters / defenders prefer sniper, while speeders / enforcers prefer blast cannon.
    Here's my take on this theory and why:

Shooters and Defenders
    - Slow, can't cover long distances --> Sniper makes up for the range
    - Turret turn speed slow --> Sniper's quick projectile speed balance out the accuracy

Enforcers and Speeders
    - Quick and can rush. Can also fire in point blank --> Blast cannon gives an edge in terms of damage, despite the lower range
    - Turret turn speed relatively quicker / ship rotation high --> Blast cannon can hit relatively easily

10. NcDiablosaur

NcDiablosaur Member

I agree with Captain Perry. As a speeder I feel that Blast Cannon is the best for Speeders. 1. It's got high damage hit (higher than sniper). 2. Because we have to cycle through a variety of other non attack items this allows us to not worry too much about the cycle of the Blast Cannon. Zip in Hit hard, Zip out or circle around. Also burning is a benefit to Blast Cannon and there are usually some targets burning.

Defender and Shooters often tend to stay back as far as they can using mortars, torps, and so sniper falls in line with them.

11. wallcolmx

wallcolmx Member

uhmm am i the only defender here who doesnt want mortar?

i use blast

LimeOnMars likes this.
  12. GunnyHiGHway

GunnyHiGHway Member

Because my blast can is epic and has 2 slots for perks. My shit sniper can was blue

Ovidmikel likes this.
  13. GunnyHiGHway

GunnyHiGHway Member

Becquse it only does about one third of the damage of a blast cannon and feels like shooting at eleephants wi5h a bb gun

14. IOError

IOError New Member

I don't know, I main a speeder and run an epic sniper on it. It's great for the beginning when the battle is just getting started you can hand out some pretty nice damage well out of range. Also when you do that sweep around you can pick up a target across the map and get some nice shots in while speeding in. Also sometimes when running away from an opponent you'll get out of range for your other weapons, and sniper still lets you get off nice shots as you pull away.

15. NaruDestroyer

NaruDestroyer Member

I always play double sniper cannon on my SHOOTER and by using two of them the frequency of them hitting a crit is increased. But I have seen my speeder friends always play blast cannons. I think it comes down to a players playstyle, if he/she is a close range fighter then blast maybe is better because it surely packs a more powerful punch than a sniper, likewise those who like to play medium to long range combat, using sniper cannon is a good choice.

Yes by using a sniper cannon on a speeder you can poke and shoot from a long distance without needing to dive close into enemy territory, but I don't think that's how speeders usually play and do correct me if I am wrong. I have faced threat from speeders when they rush in for the two devastating shots, fetch everyone's attention and get away before anyone can target them, not when they linger far.

But the thing that IOError is speaking of here is also true. I have tried it myself and it works much better with snipers than with blasts.

But to use blast on a shooter requires you to get real close, and its fine if you can manage to get away when enemy team focuses you, but that is hard to do on a shooter due to lack of speed. So snipers are definitely better on shooter as I understand. Its fast projectile doesn't miss its target, the high crit chance feels really good and you can stay back and let them crit all they want :)

Last edited: 11 Jul 2017
  16. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

Me 2
    Epic blast was from my 2nd box lol
    No screen shot because I didn't know the game had a fourm then.
    I will take it to the grave with me.

Ovidmikel likes this.
  17. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

Why, for the love of god, would a defender want a sniper? I think, being a defender user, that blast is WAY better. Mabye its just the epic one I have...

• Percy • likes this.
  18. dajonx

dajonx New Member

I'm currently using two uncommon cannons (because Rovio doesn't want to give me anything higher than that), but I'm planning on merging the two epic blast cannons and using that. Wish me luck!

Lightning sword likes this.
  19. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Blast cannons are veritable beasts. Once you learn the art of shooting them, that is. It is literally two times the amount of lead you have to give a sniper cannon to successfully hit a blast cannon shot.

Lightning sword likes this.
  20. LotharusMaximus

LotharusMaximus Well-Known Member

The perks can definitely add up. If you work Bhurt right, you can build a Blast canon to a lot of damage. I have several Crit Perks on mine and frequently see 1k+ damage on an enemy and mine is only half built up. It's a rare though since that is what the game has given me over and over.