1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Has targeting changed?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by ViscountSniffit, 18 Feb 2018.

1. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

My problem also include what klochette and sniffit said and in addn to that my crosshair even when target lockebon someone stays a little higher than Thier ships that way I miss the straight shot if I m on a little high ground

EyesTv likes this.
  2. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

The vertical auto aim is messing with my brain capeabilities :) Would appreciate if it could be made optional.

3. =Fee_KlocheTTe=

=Fee_KlocheTTe= Member

Actually I've missed data : can vertical auto aim be clearly explained please (or url)

EyesTv likes this.
  4. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

5. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  6. Miika

Miika Game Lead

This is actually incorrect. It only compensates for waves, not ships moving.

7. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I find it fascinating that only a few lines of code have changed which, in theory, should not impact this. Like others all I can report is that in the past it would happen that I'd find myself swearing at sudden random movements from my target sight. Nowadays this is an every single battle frustration... usually multiple times a battle. Now I enter into a battle with target lock on because it is nearly impossible to keep a target any other way. Something has changed because I wasn't swearing to myself about this before the update.

Ignoring, for a moment though, whether something has changed, is there some reason we can't just have a "no fancy business" setting on our target sight? If it's going to be as chaotic as it currently is I'd much prefer totally manual operation. I wish it did absolutely nothing unless I had either sticky targets or manual lock turned on.

Crashedup and Babablacksheep like this.
  8. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

I had this problem in past, so i have been using sticky targets since then.Even tho i heard a lot of complaints about new targeting It doesn't affect my gameplay because i don't even play without it. Auto-aim has been trash from very beginning and if you are a long range player its even worse. Because of more segregated ships at long distance

However, i have noticed a lot of complaints in game by non-Stick target users. Hence it would be best to include toggle

Personally, i haven't felt a significant change and have adapted cross hair Misplaced on the ship.

My main complaint is auto aim latches to some ships like sticky targets was turned on while completely fks up in some cases. I am sure post or pre update auto aim does need improvement

9. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I could have sworn it did. I think Kyle ( @GenkiGamers ) mentioned this in his latest video, but I'll take the programmer's word for it.

10. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Nope he very clearly mentioned the foward or backward leading of shots which was required pre-update respectively on ship going down the wave or Climbing up

11. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Targeting hasn't changed from my perspective, and I've used both Shooter and Speeder since last update.

I would like it to be more sticky when actively aiming a weapon, but that pre-dates this last update.

12. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

The aim assist doesn’t account for leading shots so on subzero the assist aims up for the top of the wave when you’re trying to aim down and over to lead down the wave. Is there any way we can disable this feature? If it’s just a couple code lines :phaha​

LimeOnMars likes this.
  13. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

It causes some wacky crosshair jumps that results in missing shots that would have been easy hits before. If the intent was to make aiming more random then its working (for me anyway), it its meant to be helpful then Im less convinced.

LimeOnMars, Crashedup and Snapshot like this.
  14. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Here's what happens when I try to play without target locks.
    I aim at the closest ship.
    Target tries to compensate vertically and sometimes gets in proximity of the next ship far behind.
    I shoot my carronade across the map like an idiot.

What's Up Player and Crashedup like this.
  15. =Fee_KlocheTTe=

=Fee_KlocheTTe= Member

I agree with Kitterini,
    and I still actually don't see the point of adding a better auto-aim to this game based on wave gameplay,
    add to this an improved lag compensation and I truly feel to be hit any time something is thrown on me (I've seen so many bullets hitting over my shoulder but killing me ... )

This huge update has a lot of great improvements, but I don't feel happy with in-game upgrades.

here are an example of sights jump,
    so annoying :(:(:(
    "I focus JeanF since beginning of game (cut)
    then from 27' to 40' : sights jump from Jean > Ms > Jean > Mr > ... ) "

Crashedup likes this.
  16. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

That's always been there at close range. It's frustrating, but apparently it was a nerf the devs decided to put in to help close-range Speeders survive??? Not sure why, it's just the way it has always behaved.

17. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

Yeah it changed back to crap. Can't again shoot torps properly without autoaiming and ruining your shot :mad::mad:

18. =Fee_KlocheTTe=

=Fee_KlocheTTe= Member

Short sequence of annoying Sights Jumps
    (my focus was on HF JeanF since beginning of game)

Kitterini likes this.
  19. =Fee_KlocheTTe=

=Fee_KlocheTTe= Member

Is there another topic about weapons hitting too much (aside, behind target, ...) since update please ?

20. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

No I don't think so