1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Literally no chance to win

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Lookas, 28 May 2017.

1. LameAdmins

LameAdmins New Member

matchmaking all over the leagues shit. maybe that?

2. JJf

JJf Member

Yes, they lost probably because their strongest shooter was concentrating on suicide instead of winning the battle. He did 300 damage and sat on a shipwreck to die. If they had win, the matchmaking would've been a total failure.

I agree the matchmaking is sometimes weird. The losing and winning streaks we see wouldn't be possible if the matchmaking was perfect. It's also quite strange to have for example two or three fixers in a team while the opponent doesn't have one, or one side having only mk6 ships while the another has only mk5s. But still the infamy-based matchmaking is quite good. The levels of the captains or ships don't mean everything. Infamy is the best way to see how skilled the player is. If the matchmaking was more level-based, some players would be thrown to battles with nightmare-league players just because they had played long or bought lots of stuff but they still were unskilled. I don't think that would be fair, either.

SCOOTY PUFF Jr likes this.
  3. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Ok, so maybe you'd prefer a level 50 captain with legendary weapons matched to level 100 infamy players?
    Or How about some dude in a mk1 ship with full legendary matched with other mk1 players?

Your problem is that you are buthurt by a few bad games you cant see the bigger picture.

Infamy based matchmaking IS THE BEST OPTION

That said, if you have better ideas, share them, in detail.

Excism, JJf and SCOOTY PUFF Jr like this.
  4. Don't kid me

Don't kid me New Member

I dont think the matchmaking is quite good. They should consider both the infamy and total lvl. Sometimes there are 54444 and 53333, and if u think it's totally fine for u i hope u are always in the side which has lower total lvl :) In this condition why not just switch some ships to balance the total lvl? For this game, many factors contribute to a win. But they should try to make the beginning much more balanced. Maybe they can limit the difference of total lvl between two sides in 2, just suggestion.

5. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

Infamy is probably the worst way to determine skill. Since everyone wins at about a 50-55% rate, the more active you are, the more infamy you have. Your skill level has very little to do with it.

Matching up against similar ship and weapon levels would then show who is actually more skilled. Toss in MM by key stats (e.g. damage, time alive, etc.), and then we're onto something.

6. aaaxxd

aaaxxd Member

The best way is probably giving each ship its own infamy. I go up to 800-ish on fixer with a few plays, and then crash down to 600-650 when switching to shooter. This is not good for both me and my poor teammates.

Otherwise, infamy-based matchmaking works generally well in my opinion.

7. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Just because you keep on repeating this in multiple threads it does not mean it's actually true. This is not how MMRs work. Your winratio stabilizes to 50% only when you have found your appropriate strength level. If you play better than your current infamy it raises, and if you play worse than your current infamy it drops, until you find your level. Activity does not play any role here. There are players who have played >20k battles and are on the same infamy as those who have played one tenth of that. MMRs are not grindable.

Infamy is not about skill. It is "Does player A have more than 50% chance of winning player B". Skill is just one component in that.

8. JJf

JJf Member

Everyone's win ratio is between 50% and 55%? Are you playing the same game with me?

I agree that matching up against similar ships and weapons would show the skills. That's why i would like to see some kind of tournaments with standard ships and weapons in Battle Bay. But we would still need some kind of system so players with about same skills would be in same battles. Or would you enjoy playing if you were time after time in the same team with bunch of idiots who have same level ships with you? That wouldn't be fair either. We need some kind of ranking system to keep game fair for both newcomers and pro players.

TheRedSpeeder likes this.
  9. JJf

JJf Member

Did you even read the message you answered? I wrote about things you mentioned and told it is strange that kind of things happen.

10. Don't kid me

Don't kid me New Member

So why u think this matchmaking is quite good? Disagree with urself?

11. Steven

Steven Active Member

The match making def doesn't match off of what grade weapons ppl have....u can run a mk1 anything with legendary tier 2,3,4 and so on weapons if u had the money.

12. Steven

Steven Active Member

That's what I do from time to time, charge in and kill healer and don't make it out

13. JJf

JJf Member

Some things are strange but other ways it's working. It could be perfect but it's not. So, let's say it's pretty good.

14. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

The only hard time I have with matchmaking is when one team has a fixer or two and the other has none. But then again if it was really that much of a problem for me I should probably just play fixer. Still have won a few that seemed unfavorable matchmaking at the start so I'd say it's fair in the end

15. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

How did your team total over 10k damage and only kill one person? Was their Fixer using a Legendary Pulse or something?

Edit: Read through the thread to find out why the OP had less damage than an Mk 1. So, you had teammates who, according to the scoreboard, were obviously wrecking the enemy but you decided to cry and suicide so you could complain on the forums. People like you being selfish is the reason this game is hard to play sometimes.

Last edited: 30 May 2017
  16. Lookas

Lookas Member

This was the first time I ever suicided in the game.I did it bcs I was thinking we have 0 chances.It's true,after I saw that one with 6000 dmg I realised we maybe had a chance if I were constructive that match.
    But this isn't the point of the topic.I just said that team structure should be a part of the matchmaking system aswell.
    Yesterday I had 2 matches with 3 fixers in team,while the enemies had 2.Tbh,it wasnt very bad except that we literally had no dmg.The enemie's 2 fixers managed hardly(but did it) to keep alive theyr allies while taking damage from 2 mainly damage-based ships,while ours were unable to hold it.After 3 minutes my team started just dying,bcs damage received was way more than healing,and we did not have enough firepower to sink a god damn fixer.

17. OniZoro

OniZoro Member

Match making is fine. STOP crying. How could that MK2 deal 6 thousand damage if it was so messed up? The fact that he did not die and kept dishing out all that damage while the rest of you sat still was probably simple, all of you were playing stupid and getting killed. It happens. The MK1 is teamed up with an MK3 which is most likely why he's in that match up, sometimes, yeah it messes up, but most of the time it is fine. This is such a pointless thread.

18. Lookas

Lookas Member

No it's not.The mk2 teamed up with the mk1,but guess what,mk1 had 40 infamy the rest of the team was at 800-850.

19. Steven

Steven Active Member

Shit happens....QQ

20. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

You may not have intended for this to be the point of the topic, but it became the point of the topic since you posted the screenshot. But no, team structure can't be part of matchmaking, since we will get these kinds of threads regardless. "Ugh, why did I get this Mk3 on my team that only has 300 infamy? He's obviously a bad troll, this sucks."

As a side note, firing at the non-Fixers on a team might be better than firing at the Fixers unless you can kill them quickly. They all have more firepower and probably less healing depending on what the Fixer is using, so it's better to take them off the field and deal with the offensively-weaker opponents later.