1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

nerf epic shields - an effective way to buff every ship on the bay and end speeder dominace

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Crashedup, 19 Feb 2018.

1. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

THIS IS NOT A CLICKBAIT
    FIRST READ THE WHOLE THREAD CAREFULLY BEFORE BRINGING IN THE HEAT
    Edit: it's not another speeder nerf thread this thread states that take back the nerf done in this update i.e 2.8 and implement this in its place
    Every game that i have played till now had some constant in it and it was mainly health and speed of the character only difference was in the rarity of weapons which is fair since developer have to earn money somewhere but in battle bay everything is variable which leads to a lot of difference between the p2w and f2p especially in health of the boat.

A simple fix to this problem is nerf epic big shield 600-700 hp and provide it to the respective boats via health increase talents like this IMG_20180219_175819.jpg

HOW WILL IT NERF SPEEDER DOMINANCE IN TOP 50
    The nerf of health of epic big shield should be provided to every boat via health increase talents except to speeders i.e every boat except speeder will get health increase by 600-700hp while speeders will lose 600-700 hp current P2W speeders have too much health which allows them to storm in the middle of the unfriends pack and kill the fixer or main target and run away to heal with their fabulous epic bandage this massive nerf will disallow them to do so and make speeders what they are meant to be " A hit and run boat" this nerf will put a stop on their ability to hit stun and repeat character.
    advantages of this nerf
    1. Buffs every f2p boat in the game except speeders.( 600-700 hp buff)
    2. Double nerf to speeders
    a. As the f2p player health got buffed they won't be able to kill them as easily they are abe to right now.
    b. 700-800 hp nerf.
    3. Buff to every boat in the bay especially fixers and defenders as their main nemesis got a health reduction.
    4. Promotes skill factor in game as it will allow f2p (which comprise 90% of the bay) to go on toe to toe with p2w players.
    Lastly this nerf will sufficiently put a bar on the dominace of mk6/7 speeders on the top and will buff every other boat on the bay and please consider take back the tesla bolt nerf of this update as it is the lifeline of speeders like tesla shield is for enforcer and 5 weapon for shooters.
    @Zeus @Miika

Last edited: 19 Feb 2018
    El cactus and The Otherguy like this.
  2. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

So.. what about rare and other big shield or standard shield? Do they get a Nerf too? Because nerfing only epic big shield or standard shield will make it useless now. Or ru referring to shields in general:rolleyes:

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. Crashedup

P2w Speeders are dominant at the top particularly mk6/7 and Thier standard setup is epic big shield and bandage with health ranging from 7.2k-7.5k this nerf will bring down Thier health which will disallow them to do Thier usual hit stun and repeat character and if they want to use epic std shield for health they would have to lose thier precious bandage which is also a huge nerf as bandage provides way too much value as compared to std shield
    F2p speeder with with rare setup are already balanced they have health ranging from 5-5.5k which quite low and nerfing rare shield will lead to a huge nerf to them and moreover they are getting an indirect nerf as all Thier counter boats are getting buffed by 600-700HP.

4. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Hey look, another "nerf speeder" thread. Just a peak at the top 50 will show you that there are just as many, if not more, enforcers at the top as there are speeders. And the same probably goes for shooters.

5. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Instead of this mess (nerf the big shield and give the lost hp back with talents), why not just change the speeder blue slots to have 3 slot points for their 3 slots. This way they couldn't efficiently use a big shield and the outcome would be pretty much the same as you suggested. Simple thinking?

That was just a comment for your suggestion tho, I don't support to nerf speeders in the first place. In my opinion the right way to go is to buff weaker ships and leave alone those that are good already. Constant nerfs aren't good for the community.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  6. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Goodness. That would wreck most F2P speeders who would be losing a Big Shield that they've invested into for months while P2P speeders could just buy a new standard shield in short order. Absolute NO to this.

7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

If you really just wanna nerf P2W, nerf the epic and legendary big shields.

8. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

There has been a notable rebalancing in the top 50. One thing I noticed is that many of the top, top players have moved to enforcer. It makes wonder why. Is it because:
    • Enforcers have always been the natural predator of the speeder, and if there’s more prey, the predator will do better?
    • Tesla bolt nerf has affected speeders, and enforcer is the ‘most similar’ boat to speeder so easiest for speeders to move on to
    • The best players will always be best no matter which ship they run
    Perhaps now that there’s a rise in enforcers, perhaps it’s natural predator boat will rise up??

9. TheAntiSnipe

Issue is, enfos don't have a "natural predator", because they can literally be ANYTHING.

10. Crashedup

This is not another speeder nerf thread this is proper nerf thread and here I am suggesting devs that pls take back the nerf of tesla bolt and ex canon that they did in this update as it destroyed speedr mk5 and implement this instead of that

11. TheAntiSnipe

It did NOT destroy speeder.

12. Crashedup

It destroyed f2p speeder specially mk5
    There fixed it

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  13. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Still disagree. My mk5 speeder feels fine. My mk5 enforcer just feels better now due to the weapons that I have.

The Otherguy and Babablacksheep like this.
  14. Crashedup

What is your disagreement pls elaborate

15. TheAntiSnipe

Okay, good improvement.

Now, the issue is, it destroyed the F2P's bread and butter in terms of damage combos: The ability to chain up a good six attack combo pattern. Yes, I knew the excannon before the nerf, and you could get off an even six hits, nice 'n' easy, cutting down a shooter while being near unhittable.

An HP reduction won't really help here, P2W will simply become OP again by using a small shield, or double bandages.

The Otherguy likes this.
  16. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Oh. Let's nerf Speeder some more?

Last few updates:
    -Reduce Speeder HP
    -Increase CD and reduce uptime for Overboost
    -Added stun on Tesla Shield
    -Reduce bonus fire damage for any Cannon (probably most used combo by a Speeder)
    -Nerf frost+torpedo combo
    -Nerf EC
    -Nerf Tesla bolt

What's next?

Riddlerpaji and Help I Cant Swim like this.
  17. TheAntiSnipe

Oh, I know: Buff sniper cannon to hit instantaneously! </SARCASM>

The Otherguy likes this.
  18. Crashedup

Pls elaborate this pt I couldn't understand it.
    A bandage provides way too much value as compared to small shield so no speeder will change to it 125 - 150 heals per 5 sec is no small joke.
    And double bandage it is a ridiculous idea if you remove big shield from speeder the raw health is about 3.5k do you think in nightmare league where every single weapon does above 2k in dmg will your boat with 3.5k health be op it's ridiculous

19. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I don't think the tesla bolt nerf affected my Speeder much at all. I think the increased hit registration has made the biggest difference. Combo'd with the nerf to Explosive Cannon, I can no longer run a Blast + Explosive together effectively. BUT I have seen tons of Flare + EC speeders still absolutely wrecking (I'm working on mine). So the meta weapons are the same as they were before. The tesla bolt is now more important, but less able to be spammed constantly.

Basically, I don't think either nerf "destroyed" the speeder. I think Speeders are just getting hit more often than they were before. Plus now we are seeing much more Enforcers, which can counter a speeder well if the setup is right. But there are still lots of speeders out there putting in work.

Lastly, we are talking about the two ships that likely have the highest skill ceiling on the bay in Speeder and Enforcer. Therefore, these two ships will always be used by many of the higher skill players. Not saying the other 3 ships can't be used skillfully, but these two are just slightly harder to master.

20. Crashedup

Dude it's not a net thread it's a replacement thread I am asking to take back the nerf of this update and do this nerf instead of that