1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Look Ma, no tesla bolt!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by TheAntiSnipe, 17 Feb 2018.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Many people have been saying that speeders are dead, and that they're no longer a threat in Battle Bay, and I'm like, "Lol wut?"

Let's show them why speeders should be feared, and why YOU CAN'T NERF SKILLZ.

I'm introducing this new challenge, and I wanna see some serious YouTubers take it up. Don't equip a tesla bolt, and make a montage. Ofc, usage of all three slots is allowed, but I took the overkill step of not using anything else in that empty slot.
    Here's my take on the #NoTeslaBoltChallenge!

Nikkie!, Blueee, Snapshot and 4 others like this.
  2. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    The tesla bolt on the speeder is like the icing on the cake. It's great, but it's not completely necessary.

3. TheAntiSnipe

My point exactly, and when I see players saying they're quitting the game because tesla bolt got nerfed, I just get pissed.

Speeder is so good, it's a work of art in and of itself. Everything about it is perfect. Quitting the game over this tesla bolt nerf will just bring on regret to a speeder main.

4. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    People sleeping on nitro tho, that ~5 second cooldown is bonkers and if you're good at timing it right as/before they shoot at you, you can be a real b**** for the other team to deal with. I barely preferred tesla pre patch, but now I'm using/ loving nitro.

5. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

I hold the secret to speeder success:

Flare + Blast
    Nitro
    Nitro
    Shield
    Turbo
    Rudder
    Lube

GO!

6. Neu

Neu Member

I'm often using my lvl 11 Epic Tesla Bolt with only 8sec stun only for a purpose to help me buy a few second, for running away, reposition or weapon CD.
    Didn't really affect me at first until I need to deal with Enforcer with tesla shield. Now I know my speeder pretty much screwed to 1on1 with Enforcer. Not gonna waste my Ex. Cannon just to break tesla shield anymore.

7. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    NERF SKILLZ TOO OP!!

8. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

The funny thing is I could post a zillion matches that look pretty much exactly like that. Without your tesla bolt you have nearly the same configuration as me and the general strategy is the same with the obvious differences that shield vs. bandage would make. I'm looking forward to eventually upgrading to M5 and getting that bolt but I certainly hope that by then it's a convenience rather than a necessity.

TheAntiSnipe and PastelPiku like this.
  9. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    U dont need the bolt and I feel that itse better for me as I dont need to be continuously stunned by enemy speeders. I have never used it and never will.

PastelPiku likes this.
  10. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Cool video but I dont think even that would convince me to go back to speeder. No big shield and a crap turbo means my speeder is getting dust now. i like my selfish fixer with its legendary carronade for one reason, i can act just like a speeder, just without yellow items while rehealing. I often jump straight into battles and sometimes it works out, everyone is focused on me the mk4 fixer so my teammates can shoot the enemy with getting retaliated.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. Greatgambler440

Greatgambler440 Active Member

Now i think its time to move to shooter...feel like quitting speeder....these developers nerf everything speeder uses whether it is frost..torpedo...telsa bolt...even if it has lowest health.
    Only think about shooter such as wayward map changes for mortar
    Its time to change ship and quit bolt

Blueee and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  12. TheAntiSnipe

Easy way out? Then you were no speeder in the first place. Struggling is half the fun!

13. Greatgambler440

Noo..I just penta killed with torpedo blast and bolt on my mk5 speeder...I was just saying because if everyone will quit bolt and then these developers will get it on there face
    My favourite ship and weapon they destroyed

14. TheAntiSnipe

They destroyed nothing. Don't be demoralized, speeder is still speeder.

15. Greatgambler440

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  16. TheAntiSnipe

Just wanted to say, tesla bolt blocks all healing now, meaning that it's even more powerful at the speeder's main job, assassination. Nobody's really "quitting", or leaving the bolt.

Also, about your penta kill, I've never had one in my BB career spanning 5000+ matches. But really, dude. You're not even entitled to complain about how tesla bolt died seeing as you are at 1200 in a well-geared mk5 with a t2 epic stun. You gotta get better than this.

17. Greatgambler440

My top infamy was 1915 when I was using mk4 speeder.
    Now its too low even with mk5 beacuse of the guild quests.
    My all weapon are not that level up so i lost all my infamy while contributing with different weapons.
    Also i had reduced my playtime.

Attached Files:

18. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Go insiste the tesla shield and be happy :D

19. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

This is the moment when i’m really hurt. The day before the update, i scraped a tier 4 rare nitro, since i have a tier 3 epic nitro.

20. TheAntiSnipe

Daaaaaamn!