1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 2.8 "From Battle Bay with Love!"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Miika, 13 Feb 2018.

1. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

I have only tested with guild mates so am not 100% sure.
    For the old fleet quests pre update it had to be a guild member.
    I will check.

2. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    It’s too early to make any conclusions of the meta, season only started 4 days ago and update just came out. And speeders are the most dominant boat currently, we’ll see if the nerf changes it. And for the enforcer point, no ship has so far been able to beat a speeder in a duel. Maybe it’s good that at least 1 out of 4 with a certain setup that not even all players use, can have a chance.

Dobson likes this.
  3. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

that's just my opinion bro. i get your point though, i felt the difference right away when i beat a speeder 1 on 1 (i was on shooter) because of the longer cooldown for stun which allowed me to get off 1 last shot before he could stun me again and finish me off. what i also experienced in the new update is that speeders are still dominant. the tesla bolt nerf, i believe, gave a little more edge to reds and blues but yellows are still the dominant classes in the bay. Do also consider that tesla bolt now completely disrupts bandages, pulses and tapes. i think the devs want to change the behavior of tesla bolt using speeders and enforcers into being more of dive and duck type of boats instead of the OP style of just stun-hit-hit-stun-wait-repeat. without any bias though, the devs have been, in my opinion, spot-on with their gameplay meta adjustments. the only exception is the extreme nerf on frost (but i think they are already aware of this and are probably hard at work devising a more balanced frost mechanic).

just to site a few examples. the railgun nerf - the old railgun was super OP, everybody was racing to max out their railgun, i had just maxed out my railgun when they nerfed it and boy was i pissed. but as i played along, the nerf balanced out the battles more and there was more variety in player loadouts. 2nd example. tritorps, pre-nerf tritorps was super strong and was the dominant torpedo back then coz you could hardly missed with it and the frost bonuses made it super deadly on speeders. (i'm still hoping for a tweak to tritorps in the coming updates, hardly anybody uses it anymore)

Babablacksheep and Ash KOT like this.
  4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

The new algorithm matches only on quests completed.... global rank is meaningless in that context.

The Otherguy likes this.
  5. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

That style stun hit and repeat was only dominant in nightmare league with stuns reaching 15.4 sec at time which is a lot in my opinion but it could have been easily fixed by introducing a cap on it like 13 sec max which would have been fine and a legit nerf only skill speeder would have been able to pull for 1v 2 by that or 1v 1 as max cap would also lead to less amount of stun time on second stun but devs took the wrong decision and it ruined speeders specially mk5 and below in a way that can't be fixed.
    It was a integral part of Thier setup as they don't have shield.
    And by increasing cooldown they have also stolen the identity or ability of speeders to 1v 1 with others it can't penetrate shields of enfo or stun shooter to save its life shooters are easily able to fire all 5 of Thier weapons before I can stun them again and speeders cannot even stay with team mates either because of low range weapons ( ex canon range is reduced severely ) so I am not sure how should speeders play now.
    Tesla bolt talents was always meant to stop all types of healing it was a bug that was fixed
    Fyi: i am a mk5 was at 4.2k infamy and now I can't get above 3.6k because of both ex canon nerf and tesla bolt nerf.
    Any thoughts on how to improve the situation of mk5 and below speeders as we took a massive hit.

6. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

This isn't true.
    There are many factors that are considered in the algorithm when selecting opponents for rivalries, not just number of quests completed.
    That is at least what I was told by Rovio, unless you have a better source?

7. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

It's like @Rovio is saying:
    "Oh, hello there new players! Welcome to the game!"
    "You're enjoying it and want to play a lot?"
    "You want to join a guild with similarly ranked players who also want to play a lot?"
    "Here - compete against guilds way stronger than you where you have no chance of winning!"

8. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

End times, amirite?

This nerf hit SO HARD that even the M4 and below boats... most of whom don't use tesla bolt... have been ruined! It's like the freakin' speeder apocalypse!

Maybe I need a companion series to my "Noob to noob" posts? Should I start up, "Noob to Pro" so I can teach the pro's how to play? I don't even have a tesla bolt yet I manage to kill my opponents. Listening to the complains about this nerf has really shown me why it needed to happen.

Help, I can't 1v3 any more! #SpeederProblems

9. TK Dada

TK Dada New Member

U guys Need to fix the canaroid damage .
    M having a lvl 10 epic canaroid nd its damage is 61 x 5
    Nd whai i got is 2,3,4 damage... This is annoying

U need to fix to real quick

10. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    It’s called defence points. Every ship has its own, they take away dmg of each hit. It affects carronade the most, so it’s not a bug

#CK and Spinners71 like this.
  11. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    This. This must be done.

12. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

That... wasn't part of the code they just rolled out?!?!?!?!?!

13. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

thinking about what you said... i think a fair meta change for tesla bolt would be a proportionate increase in cooldown as your tesla stun duration increases (net of perks). that, i think would be a very fair adjustment for all MK levels. i think this is very doable. example if your TB stuns for 6 secs, cooldown will be at, let's say, 9 secs, as your stun duration increases with item upgrades and evolution, the cooldown also increases till it reaches 20s (base).

What's Up Player and Crashedup like this.
  14. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

@Miika @The Grim Repair I think this a viable idea what do you think devs

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. Bruinthegreat

Bruinthegreat New Member

Still don't understand why you get credit for a weapon you don't own..... and the multipliers are really stupid. If riot doesn't read these posts, they should start. Honestly it feels like a last ditch cash grab before they shut the game down.

16. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    It's so that you're rewarded for using the right item but you can still use other items if you don't have a good one. It encourages people to help with quests without forcing them to use underleveled gear, while rewarding those who can. And this game is run by Rovio, not Riot lol.
    The issue with this would be that for continuous usage, it would be preferable to have a lower level tesla bolt. It's really fine the way it is now, I'm not having any complications with it on my speeder.

#CK likes this.
  17. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

See you are new here, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt in regards to your post.
    We have been asking for MONTHS to remove the weapon specific quests, as you are forced to use bad weapons and your infamy drops, we are happy that Rovio listened.
    If you do have the right weapon you will get 10x contribution which is huge so this is only a benefit to us.
    This game just saw one of the biggest overhauls in the fine details of the game (guilds, quests, menus, drop rates etc), which shows that Rovio see the game has longevity and worthwhile investing the time to polish it as much as they can. No idea why you have the impression that by improving the quests, they are making a last minute cash grab and getting ready to shut the server off?!

18. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    agree

19. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    i'm curious your profile ( captain lv , infamy , boat , weapon , etc )

20. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    i'm sure the bonus only benefit when fleeting with guildmates , other than guildmate , just normal ( no bonus )

Ash KOT likes this.