1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 2.7 "Custom Battles"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 19 Dec 2017.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

The game DOES feel kinda fixed sometimes, I'll give you that. However, consider this: 70% W/L means that you started playing and got tons of wins(which is ok) but then, you lost some. Then you won some. That initial 70% isnt a lot. But it's the "win some, lose some) part that really starts bringing you down to the 50% W/L. If you are a skilled P2W who starts a baby account, I think you'd have a W/L about 80% or so.

2. H.R.H AOTF

H.R.H AOTF Member

Prove this cos I know lots of high LVL battle bay players that started a baby account for that reason. (Maybe they scrapped to many rares at a noob or they just wanted to start over) still the same result. Ok I have a second device. I know what I'm doing. Let's see. I'll actually try and prove you right

Oh ok before I did that I just thought I would play a quick game.
    I just got out run by 2 mk5 shooters in my mk5 enforcer with turbo and overboost. ( in my mk5 shooter with a level 36 turbo I still have no chance to match an mk5 enforcer with turbo and overboost) but hay not pointing fingers. It may be possible for an mk5 to get from 1 side of a map to the other in 20 seconds.

Hmmmm just checked my battle log and 1 of them mk5 shooters didn't even have turbo.
    Question time, how did he make it from 1 side of the long map to the other in the same time as the other shooter. Both in under 20 seconds. Takes me at least double that on a short map in my mk5 shooter. Oh you going to say crew training. No crew training can make a shooter move double his speed without turbo.
    Come on smart guy how was this possible. I have my swift highly trained and still I can' move at that speed. I would post screen shots but there's a no name no shame. Probably cos people would notice all the same un-killable bots fixing the game

It's not like this was a question of skill or someone having a go cos they lose to someone better. This was one of the impassable players a was talking about. (Not a cheat. It's an impossible to beat bot)
    Wish my mk5 shooter moved that fast without turbo. I could ditch my turbo and start using my bandage again

Last edited: 29 Jan 2018
  3. Miika

Miika Game Lead

What would you expect then to happen to your WR when you are matchmade equally?

Which one sounds more likely: There is a grand conspiracy to ruin everyone’s matches somehow mysteriously which some secret complicated sinister algorithm. Or that equal and self balancing matchmaking just happens to gravitate everyone towards 50% because if you win more than lose you get gradually tougher battle until you don’t win more than you lose anymore, and wise versa.

4. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Glicko 2 algorithm has a flaw though. You keep winning and winning until you run out of opponents and can never find a match. This is because 1) you are an exceptionally skilled player, 2) this game allows you to pay an exhorbant amount of money to gain gear that does on average 25-50% more than average gear.

The difference between BB and other Glicko 2 games? They are based off of equal tools of play. It is 100% based on skill. Can you acknowledge this design flaw?

I want to go pro in Battle bay, I am really skilled but I cannot afford Legendary t5 items I only got my rares and few epics from grinding as a free to play. But when I meet my opponents they are equally as skilled and have better gear. When skill levels are capped, the flaws of this game become clearer and clearer.

Last edited: 29 Jan 2018
    H.R.H AOTF and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

Well, you can post the match tag for us all to see this "extraordinary" shooter... And what Miika said.

Harsh Gupta Hulk likes this.
  6. H.R.H AOTF

H.R.H AOTF Member

Why thank you bro. Someone actually gets the initial point I was making in the first place

7. TheAntiSnipe

Your point was about the game being "fixed"? How does that tie in?

8. H.R.H AOTF

H.R.H AOTF Member

Guy just pretty much said it's about how powerful your weapons are.
    The game locks you as a certain infamy. It' get stronger or stay where you are.
    I was locked at 800 for ages. No matter what I did I just couldn't pass 800. So I spent time upgrading my weapons .
    Now you would think logically I would then progress gradually as I got stronger......nope. I must have hit the required strength to unlock me cos I shot straight to 1000 infamy before getting locked again. As I said I can easily play and beat players 2000+ infamy. Why am I not at 2000 infamy. Because I'm capped stopping me progressing. At the moment I'm looked at around 1800.
    I fleet with alliance friends on 2500 and I seem to be the guy picking up all the slack

9. TheAntiSnipe

I really wanna take a peek at your gear xD.

10. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

I know just how you feel.
    100% F2P locked at 4900 infamy, so far;)

StrictSalmon307 and Kitterini like this.
  11. Harsh Gupta Hulk

Harsh Gupta Hulk Active Member

Well I don't want to get into the fight, but I myself have been locked at some point in the game for several times, still I managed to move forward because when I got locked and lost games I found that either my talents were not up or my weapons were at low level and after working on it I saw my self gaining infamy at 500-600+ ,so here comes the bitter truth which is even if you are the most talented player in the battle bay but if you haven't got your talents and weapons right its hard to win yes you might be kicking the ass of some mk5s with 2000+ infamy but believe me its because there day must be bad or they must be floaters and the best way to measure one's skill and ability is to look that in which league he belongs and then compare don't think that you are the only ones facing hard times, all have suffered it sooner or later, also its easy to rise but difficult to be at there and believe me the more you fight the more you will understand. So if everybody is having win ratio of 50-55% isn't it fare its all about enjoyment because at the end of the day it just a game.
    P.S. - i am having a win rate of 53%. But I don't cry here

12. H.R.H AOTF

H.R.H AOTF Member

Ok I know I've had a rant (many lol) but I have 2 legitimate ideas for the next update
    1. The ability to turn boosts off and choose what boost you use on guild quests. This is for 3 reasons. The 1st is at the end of a rivalry your guild may be way in front. Saving boosts is the logical thing to do but you may still want to contribute to guild quests without using boosts.
    2nd is a kind of follow up. So you saved your boosts and start a new rivalry. Do your really want to use the X5s you just saved on the easy quests.
    3rd and last having the abillaty to turn then off means that say you get a quest. You want to help with it but you don' have a powerful weapon. Better to save the boosts for quests they will be the most help on.

2. A damage screen at the end of battle. Yes it says how much damage you did but I mean a breakdown screen saying what weapon did what damage and how many hits you got with it. This would be very useful letting you know what weapons are most affective. Like you know your rail runs dose 800 damage and your cannon dose 200 but you can fire your cannon faster. It would be nice to know what weapons are doing what damage after a game

Mad_Bulls_007 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  13. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    This was the best birthday present ever!

14. surgeXmark

surgeXmark New Member

Finally, the concerns about enforcer is now fixed..

15. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

So when is the Next update??

16. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

Valentine's Day most likely.

HARPO! likes this.
  17. almansour2008

almansour2008 New Member

Thanks alot for this amazing good quality game , from my opinion , its the only good Game in the world , again thanks for this hard work you guys have been doing , if i may to add something you should consider in mind next time you guys update the game ia letting us choose 5 ships to be on team A vs random team , not to choose the both teams A +B

18. almansour2008

almansour2008 New Member

And the option to choose if i want to play alone vs another ship also alone pr 2 vs random 2 , or 3 vs random 3 , or 4 vs random 4 , i will celebrate with My friends when you do what i said