1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How to build Defender 2.0??

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Jowiee, 14 Feb 2018.

1. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

After the recent patch double nerfing ex cannon to 14.5sec cd, what do you guys think about the new build for defenders?

Dual blast cannon? Dual regular cannon? Dual sniper cannon? Please discuss.

Collection of suggested new builds:
    • St cannon x2, flare
    • Ex cannon, st cannon, flare
    • St cannon, Sniper, flare
    • Blast, ex cannon, flare
    • Grenade, flare, blast
    • Grenade, blast, ex cannon
    • Sniper, St cannon, carronade

Last edited: 15 Feb 2018
    SlayerofSergeants and *JAWS* like this.
  2. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Dual Explosive is still the meta, people are still running ex cannon as usual. If anything maybe they would run flare, std cannon, ex cannon

Hokuse, Earel, Ian and 1 other person like this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I saw a really good DPS build yesterday capitalizing on the stun nerf, dual std cannons+flare. Works well, but with all the obvious disadvantages.

I switched to excannon that day, thankfully, and was able to overwhelm that defender with sheer burst damage. Other than that flaw, it's an excellent peppergun build capable of really whittling down that HP.

Jowiee likes this.
  4. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

I've updated OP with collecting everyone's suggestions.

5. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

My build: st cannon ex cannon napalm. Barely noticed the duration nerf. Sometimes shoot my ex cannon without thinking tho when enemy is out of distance. Gonna have to get used to the range nerf.

Jowiee likes this.
  6. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

standard cannon + flare + sniper. Used to have ex cannon before flare but the dps drop really hurts.

Jowiee likes this.
  7. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

I saw a build that did 20k dmg as a defender. It was ripping apart every boat on sight in a brawl.

Sniper, St cannon, Carronade

*JAWS* likes this.
  8. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

They arent.

I would know. Only people running double are doing so to get a legendary ex cannon down the road. Like me. But once that happens. Will only use 1.

Seriously as a former dbl. ex cannon. When I use this I die more quickly. Always waiting for the cool down. I would prefer people that don't use this setup... stop talking. Ya don't know. And to u Miku. I have supported your using 3 duct tapes. Take a time out from this convo. U ain't a defender bro. And haven' added anything to help fix our perceived loss. We feel it. U don' bro.
    Keep it real. Help the convo with a way to improve it ... or exit.
    And stay in fixer convos.

Now to original Poster. I highly suggest grenades. As many as u can get. They create fire. And are high damage for little work. Go over waves. Also start getting a great blast cannon.
    1 ex, 1 grenade, and 1 blast would be Op

9. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Hope it works out for you in the end. Don't quit, fight on!

Disguised and *JAWS* like this.
  10. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Could also go... flare, blast, ex cannon. Getting fire damage

Or flare, grenade, ex cannon/blast...almost like an enforcer build.

Last strategy bit. With the flare affecting all healing now including bandage. Bandage is next to useless.

Plan for the future. Grow 1 epic big shield maxed. And then multiple epic small shields maxed.

I am working on another small shield to replace my bandage since the update.

As a mk7 defender. Keep your eyes to the future and grow to where u want to get to. And added shield once maxed will put my h.p. from 18k to 19.65k.

Without having a bandage which now isn't working half a match. Flare now is oP. Adjust.

Jowiee likes this.
  11. Colonel Forbin

Colonel Forbin New Member

Maybe everyone in the game should only run flares and make miku even more worthless. Flare in every slot

Jowiee likes this.
  12. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

Best total damage I've had was when using st. cannon/missiles/napalm. Not saying this is anything like a meta, those are just in my small group of best weapons. But, interesting thing, when I switched carronade in for missiles, my per match damage went down but I started winning more often.

13. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

Why does nobody remember Peelah's build that got him the world record amount of damage:
    Sniper + Firebomb + Firebomb (and Big Shield + 3x Bandage + Turbo).

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  14. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

New patch is different than back then. Only 3 defenders in global top 50 now, most isn't their main. Still wondering the new meta for defenders.