1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply Flare 30% healing now stacks

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Jennyfur3810, 13 Feb 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jennyfur3810

Jennyfur3810 Active Member

We tested it out. Montes box normally gets around 800 heals.. as we add flare to it in continues decreasing. Literally to a point where his box did 33 healing. And his pulse was doing 2... death of the fixers.

Also: this might need to be under bugs butttt I already wrote it and attached the images and I’m to lazy to redo it :)

Mod edit: I fixed your pictures.

j1.jpg
    j2.jpg
    j5.jpg
    j4.jpg
    j3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: 13 Feb 2018
  2. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Can you show the full image instead if thumbnails lol, some people may be lazy :p

The stack is not cumulative, so thank God 4 flares won't make you healing -20% lol

70% -> 70% of 70% -> 70% of 70% of 70%

I'm more curious about whether this is a bug or intended. I'm leaning towards this being intended.
    You know what, I bet this stacking also works with frost blaster, you should check that too!

@Miika can verify?

3. Jennyfur3810

I made them thumbnails bc the black bars. I can’t insert raw screenshots bc the quality is apparently to high. So I have to take screenshots of my screenshots lol

Miku Da Yo 39 likes this.
  4. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Fixed that for you, my poor scroll wheel was crying. :p

5. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

This plus the tesla bolt block is going to wreck some fixers. Sorry green boats.

wtfack likes this.
  6. Jennyfur3810

Yayyyy! It was so annoying. Damn my high quality screenshots!

7. Weeze

Weeze Well-Known Member

Bump, @Miika working as intended?

8. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Yes. All other buffs/debuffs stack in the game (slowdown, fire dmg, stun resistances etc) also fire healing reduction stacks also. We feel that is the most natural and expected behavior.

PastelPiku, Riddlerpaji, Ian and 2 others like this.
  9. Jennyfur3810

So your saying if everyone in the unfriendlies equips a flare (which is going to happen) and targets the fixer (which always happens) the fixer will literally not be able to do anything because it’s “the most natural”?

10. Jujujuan

Jujujuan Active Member

Flare always worked this way long time ago before the update.

11. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

If I'm out in the open enough to take five simultaneous flare shots - quite frankly, I deserve the swift and painful death coming my way.

More likely though is that if I'm out in the open, the first flare hits, everyone goes "Oh hey, he's on fire" and I get blown into a fine green mist by Blast and Explosive cannons.

12. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I think there needs to be some sort of fire extinguisher to combat this. Maybe allow frost to remove fire on friends or on yourself.

13. Miku Da Yo 39

As much as I hate fire reducing my triple tape heals, I cannot support this stack to be removed. I myself am a flare using and without stacking I would not be able to kill fixers easily.

PastelPiku and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  14. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Agree

15. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

Agree, fixers aren’t that easy to kill with flare/cannon except if you have a really powerful cannon with all fire perks.

16. Miku Da Yo 39

No, it's not the cannon that kills fixers easily. Even a weak fire boost is fine, although the bonus is always good. It's the fact that flares last so long 20 sec plus, and stacks that reduce their healing so I can kill them lol

17. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

*grin* I was thinking that too... Wait! I want to be invulnerable also!

For those selfish fixers out there.... if I get hit by 5 flares I'm dead no matter what -- no different than if I get hit by 5 of anything else. So it's hard for me to cry on your behalf about this one.

18. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Would be awesome if frost can be used to also remove / reduce duration of flares. Would be a good way to combat this, and give a much needed buff to frost. It would work like how repair bolt locks on to teammates as well, except it will only lock onto burning teammates to prevent the annoyance.

19. wtfack

wtfack Active Member

Fixers RIP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.