1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Feedback & suggestions] - Guilds

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by *Rubber Duck*, 30 Sep 2017.

1. inse0f

inse0f New Member

Ok, i tried it, but it said me that i can't get more sugar

Attached Files:

Last edited: 1 Dec 2017
  2. tonberryking98

tonberryking98 Active Member

this could have already been suggested but...
    Add more guild quests: frost duration x, stun duration x, damage block x (tesla shield), and like how there's specific weapon quests, maybe specific fixing items too.

*JAWS* and The Grim Repair like this.
  3. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Or get rid of those awful specific item quests -- Its not fun for anyone to play with and against people bringing lvl 10 weapons into Nightmare games.

But until these gameplay destroying quests are removed (or changed into something that compliments natural gameplay) we are left with matches being less fun than they could be.

4. Jacearacon

Jacearacon New Member

Their needs to be a online indicator for guild members and fleet from guild page option.

The Grim Repair and Kitterini like this.
  5. Kitterini

Oh yes, but Im sure this is coming next patch. Its impressive enough that it wasnt already a part of the guildpatch.

The Grim Repair likes this.
  6. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Would be nice ti have Generic weapons class for Rivalries. In our last board. We had 4 seperate Mortar quests. Seriously 4.
    Why not just an entire Mortar quests once board 4, 5, 6, and board 7. All mortars lumped together.

Instead of individual.

Same with certain weapons that carry low damage....ie. standard cannon should never be given after board 5. Gets ridiculius.
    How about general cannon damage quests. And general torpedo quests where all torps can be used.

Even habing tri torps and swift torp past board 5 are horribly hard.
    How about an entire fire quests instead of individual fire items. Napalm anyone? Wow that can get outright impossible. And leads to players purposedly staying in the flames for teammates. We all have seen those vids.

The idea is for the to be hard but fun.

Acheivable.
    @The Grim Repair
    I friendly challenge our developers to come up with some more interesting rivalvry quests while keeping in mind low damage weapons dont need individual quests in impossible5 thru 7 rds.
    Usa has a saying about punishment. It can not be cruel or inhumane.
    I reference this that a rivalry challenge should stretch us, exite us. But not be cruel. Or feel like punishment. I can say 4 mortar quest on an impossible board was punishing.
    Please accept my challenge and put your fun hat on and try some new thoughts that create a smile during rivalries.

7. Pratik

Pratik Member

its a very good idea devolepers should implements this in new update

8. Pratik

Pratik Member

what can we do to highlight this idea n start to takes votes

*JAWS* likes this.
  9. Kitterini

This has been a request since 5mins after the guild quest patch went online, devs are well aware that some of us see it as an issue. Whether they agree or not is a different story though, time will tell. They tried to fix it by changing from kills to damage in the panic fix patch, guessing they wanted (want?) time to see if their fix works as intended before changing things again. Fingers crossed!

PastelPiku and Pratik like this.
  10. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Since we're on the topic of guild quests, how about we brainstorm some more unique options that aren't weapon specific? They added those "medals" in the same patch, so why not utilize them? There could be quests for recieving positive medals like:
    • Solo Kill
    • First Kill
    • Crit Kill
    • Overkill
    • Last Stand
    • Nice Shot
    • Long Shot
    • Showstopper (edit: removed, too uncommon)
    • Lifesaver
    • Miracle
    • Team Heal
    Those last 3 would help fixers gain some contribution as well. I feel like adding these into the guild quests while also lumping weapons together as weapon types as @*JAWS* suggested would actually create more diversity in our questing experience. Hope this gets noticed.

Last edited: 13 Feb 2018
    *JAWS* and GigaBeard like this.
  11. GigaBeard

GigaBeard Member

I'm adding my vote for this. Yes , please!!!!!

*JAWS* likes this.
  12. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

What?

13. PastelPiku

Security
    You get it when you stop a capture at like 95%, I might have the name wrong it's really rare.

14. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Last time I saw a successful cap was two weeks ago.

15. PastelPiku

Security
    So that one is probably a bad idea for a quest.

16. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

To be honest, they're all bad ideas.
    While they may be "fun" currently, that's because they're not required.
    The instant you make these required, players will at some point struggle to get one, because they are all quite rare. And then they'll get frustrated (especially in competitive guilds), and begin to adopt some very undesirable play-styles (out of desperation) to try to force it. And when they don't get it - imagine the rage internally, or in the chats, blaming ppl for ruining their fill-in-the-blank achievement...
    No thanks!

PastelPiku likes this.
  17. Spinners71

And if you want to think about it a different way, take each of those achievements and ask the following:
    If you were given some limited amount of time, let's say 30 minutes (~6 games), to try to get that single achievement, what would you have to do to try to force it?
    - Does it require a certain ship? (lifesaver, miracle, team heal) ...we already (unfortunately) have ship-specific quests...
    - Does it require a certain weapon/class? (long shot, crit kill) ...we already (unfortunately) have weapon-specific quests...
    - Does it require your teammates to, by some miracle, completely avoid preventing you from doing something? (solo kill)
    - Does it require you to play a certain way that would appear to be unnecessarily risky, suicidal, counter-teamwork-y, or otherwise poor strategy if their goal is to win the battle? (first kill, last stand, overkill, lifesaver, miracle)

Again, if you make these required, then all of a sudden there are time limits on it, which means you'll see the every imaginable play style to try to force it -- and my assertion is that many of those play styles are either unpleasantly restrictive (ship/weapon), makes you use less-than-your-best-stuff (ship/weapon), unnecessarily frustrating (solo kill), or potentially counter to the team's assumed goal of trying to play your best to win the match. (Note: this is actually my exact problem with all the ship/weapon specific quests, but my arguments there seem to garner zero thoughtful response...)

I mean... I guess I would be okay with them adding a 'Nice Shot' quest... I don't see any way of really abusing that (except it would frustrate Mine/Carronade users because they couldn't get it).

PastelPiku likes this.
  18. PastelPiku

Security
    Wow, I did not think this one through lol. It seems like the only one that would work nicely is nice shot. Rip mine users, but you can get it with the carronade. It's not as common, but if they're moving enough that you have to lead the shot a good amount, you could get it.

I still think we should do @*JAWS* idea with lumping the weapons into categories so blast cannon and sniper cannon users can work together.

Spinners71 likes this.
  19. Spinners71

Actually, if I read the patch notes right, I think they did implement the weapon-category quest idea. It's certainly a step in the right direction (especially if it replaces weapon-specific quests), but in my perfect world we wouldn't even be as restrictive as that. They also made it so that damage done by completely other weapons still contributes something to whatever weapon quest you have selected, which is an even better step in the right direction... so overall I'm pleased with those updates.

And, thanks for taking my criticism positively. It was not meant to be negative in any way, simply asking you to think about things from a different perspective. It seems to have worked! Cheers!

PastelPiku likes this.
  20. PastelPiku

Security
    Of course! We're all set on the goal of making the game the best it can be, so I can respect anyone's opinions. In this case, I just happened to agree against my own idea lol.